Camilla's fashion, jewelry and accessories

Started by TLLK, December 19, 2019, 05:03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightowl

Camilla looks quite beautiful this evening, I love the gown, the style is perfect for her and the cut of the gown with all that beading is outstanding.   Just a gorgeous looking woman.   

TLLK

I am loving Camilla's outfits for this official visit to Jordan and Egypt. Beautiful colors and flowing fabrics that are respectful of the more conservative dress seen on many of the women in those nations.

Camilla's been dressed by Anna Valentine for many years now and created Camilla's white outfit for her wedding to the PoW in 2005. Valentine has also designed looks for the Countess of Snowden, Lady Sarah Chatto and Laura Lopes.

Anna Valentine: Biography

Quotehe beautifully finished creations in luxury fabrics produced by designer Anna Valentine and her business partner Antonia Robinson under their label Robinson Valentine were appreciated by the elite few for over a decade with relative anonymity. That was until they were introduced, through a mutual friend, to a certain Camilla Parker Bowles.

wannable

Her outfits have been on point, extremely good, it's a 💯 from me.

Macrobug67

She has always looked good in long draped dresses and gowns.  She does a good job playing up her good points.  For a woman that wasn?t the most attractive in her younger years, she has settled quite well into elegant and handsome.

LouisFerdinand

For her 60th birthday Camilla wore a diamond necklace which had belonged to Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother.   
Royal Jewels | Royal jewelry, Pearl diamond pendant necklace, Jewelry

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Macrobug67 on November 19, 2021, 06:41:57 AM
She has always looked good in long draped dresses and gowns.  She does a good job playing up her good points.  For a woman that wasn?t the most attractive in her younger years, she has settled quite well into elegant and handsome.
I agree with you 100%, Macrobug. 

TLLK

TLLK

From the Royal Collection Trust.

Garrard & Co - Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mothers Crown

The crown has a platinum frame set with 2,800 diamonds, mainly cushion-shaped but with some rose-cut and some brilliant-cut. The band, comprising alternating clusters formed as crosses and rectangles, is bordered with single rows of brilliant-cut diamonds and set at the front with a large diamond, which was given to Queen Victoria in 1856 by the Sultan of Turkey. Above the band are four fleurs-de-lis and four crosses-patt?e. The front cross holds the Koh-i-N?r diamond in a detachable platinum mount. The four tapering half-arches are removable, and are surmounted by a pav?-set monde and a cross, set with a rock-crystal replica of the Lahore Diamond (presented to Queen Victoria by the East India Company in 1851). Fitted with a purple velvet cap and ermine band.

This crown was made in 1937 for Queen Elizabeth, consort of King George VI, using many stones already in the collection. Most of the diamonds were removed from Queen Victoria's Regal Circlet. The Koh-i-n?r diamond had been successively mounted in the crowns of Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary, and was once again reset for this crown. The Turkish diamond was a gift from Sultan Abdul Medjid to Queen Victoria in 1856 as a gesture of gratitude for British support during the Crimean War.

Queen Elizabeth wore the crown without its arches at the State Openings of Parliament during the reign of King George VI, and again at the coronation of her daughter, Queen Elizabeth II, in 1953.
Provenance

The crown was created for Queen Elizabeth for the coronation of King George VI on 12 May 1937.

The crown was also displayed upon her coffin on its journey to Westminster Abbey.

Queen Mothers Funeral Procession Mass Pipes & Drums - YouTube

sara8150

Duchess of Cornwall wores Bruce Oldfield sky blue outfit with a Philip Treacy hat, paired with pearls

TLLK

Quote from: sara8150 on June 02, 2022, 11:51:11 AM

Duchess of Cornwall wores Bruce Oldfield sky blue outfit with a Philip Treacy hat, paired with pearls

This is a lovely look for Camilla and IMO one of the stripes has the same color as HM's coat. It was worn last year for Ascot.

Nightowl

This is typical of Camilla......blue and a big hat to match. It is nice yet not outstanding, I do love the pearls very much.

sara8150

Duchess of Cornwall wores choosing to wear an all ivory and gold embroidered coat dress by Fiona Clare and hat by Philip Treacy

TLLK

This is a very elegant look for the Duchess of Cornwall. Glad that she's saved it for today.

Nightowl

Oh yes indeed, that is one very gorgeous outfit. She looks marvelous in it as it is very elegant.  I love the trim, would love to see a close up picture of it as it looks to be handmade by professional embroiderers with beads and pearls maybe... and I love the hat also.  Very stunning outfit on Camilla, suits her perfectly.

sara8150

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: TLLK on December 19, 2019, 05:03:46 AM
Camilla, Queen of hats ? Royal Central
What is amazing is that she is a fairly small person and usually it's the tall women who can wear big hats. I agree she looks great in her hats!

TLLK

Camilla's aquamarine brooch was a gift from South Africa back in 1947. It's typical for royals to wear jewelry  that has a connection to the nation that they're visiting or hosting.

Graving Dock Diamond Brooch | Gift from the South African Railways and Harbour Administration| Queen Elizabeth II. Brooch|Diamonds Queens Jewels

QuoteWhile the Royal Family was on tour in South Africa, the South African Railways and Harbour Administration presented a gift to Princess Elizabeth after she opened the then new East London Graving dock on 3 March 1947. 
The present was "five large diamonds from Government mines on the Orange River, flawless stones exquisitely cut" (two half-moon and three emerald-cut diamonds), valued at ?3700 for mounting in a bar brooch. See the picture above for the brooch and the casket on display. 
At first in the newspapers was reported to build a bracelet or bangle with the diamonds.

TLLK

Camilla in the Belgian Sapphire Tiara tonight!  :Jen:

Unfortunately the only current photo is from the car.
https://twitter.com/CoutureRoyals/status/1595151202760605698