The Netherlands-Birthdays and milestones

Started by TLLK, January 31, 2021, 10:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

A place to post about family birthdays, personal anniversaries and other milestones.

New photo released for Princess Beatrix?s 83rd birthday ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Dutch Royal Family has released a new photo of Princess Beatrix to celebrate her 83rd birthday.

The former Queen will celebrate her birthday with limited visitors to abide by the governemental advice regarding the COVID-pandemic.

Princess Beatrix was born on Monday morning, 31 January 1938, at Soestdijk Palace. She was given the names Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard for both her grandmothers. She weighed eight pounds and was 52 centimetres long. Her parents were the future Queen Juliana and her husband, Prince Bernhard. She was baptised on 12 May 1938. Her five godparents were King Leopold III of Belgium, Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone, Elisabeth, Princess of Erbach-Sch?nberg, Duke Adolf Friedrich of Mecklenburg, and Countess Allene de Kotzebue.
:bday7:

TLLK

Royal Wedding Rewind: Willem-Alexander and Maxima of the Netherlands ? Royal Central Celebrating their 19th wedding anniversary today. :lovestars: The article reviews the wedding and the absence of the bride's parents.

A good article on the couple's wedding attire with some information that I'd not read before (in English). Royal Wedding Dresses: Queen M?xima of the Netherlands ? Royal Central

*The identities of all of the bridal party before I'd only known the name of Maxima's sister as one of the bridesmaids.
*That Valentino created not only Maxima's and Marie-Chantal's gowns but also Princess Madeline's.
*That the diamond stars had a connection to the last Queen Consort of the NL, Queen Emma.

Curryong

Maxi made a beautiful bride, and they both look so young! It's a pity, though understandable, that her parents couldn't attend.  As for the wedding dress,   as you know I'm not a great fan of lace and always thanked heaven that Maxi didn't go there!

I really never liked the ruby red of the bridesmaids' dresses (but love their hair and the decorative arrangement.) However, in those dresses they were well protected against the weather, February in the Netherlands, Brrrr ! Next year, the 20th anniversary, is the biggie. Wonder whether the bridesmaids will return for a bit of a celebration.

TLLK

Sadly Ines won't be there, but it would be lovely if the bridal party including the witnesses could come together.

Curryong

No, of course not! How terrible I forgot about Ines's tragic end. My memory...Urrgh!

PrincessOfPeace

A very happy Birthday to Her Royal Highness Princess Ariane of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau!  She is 14 today!

Macrobug67

Blue Clover

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 10, 2021, 04:51:33 PM
A very happy Birthday to Her Royal Highness Princess Ariane of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau!  She is 14 today!

Happy Birthday!  :bday10:

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 54th Birthday to King Willem-Alexander.

PrincessOfPeace

Prof. mr. Pieter van Vollenhoven is 82 today.

PrincessOfPeace

The family attended a celebration for Queen Maximas upcoming birthday in Amsterdam this evening.

Pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1NABxwXEAMA7-e?format=jpg&name=large

TLLK

I am amazed at how much Princess Arianne has grown in the past year. She might end up being the tallest member of the AAA team. Lovely to see Princess Beatrix tonight as well.

Queen Maxima won't celebrate her birthday until May 17, but it's still wonderful to see the family in person. In a typical year, I'd have expected to see Prince Constantijn, Princess Laurentian, and the whole van Vollenhoven  family in attendance.

PrincessOfPeace

New pictures for Maximas 50th birthday.

Taken by her husband in the garden at Huis Ten Bosch.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO70eT-H5Ly/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Blue Clover

Maxima looks great! Happy 50th!  :bday10:

TLLK

Happy Birthday to the ever exuberant and sparkling Queen Maxima on her 50th birthday. :bday:

Curryong

Ever-sparkling indeed, TLLK, positively effervescent! Happy 50th birthday, dear Maxi!  :hearts:

Blue Clover

@TudorQueen Those red flowers in a 50 are magnificent.  :flower3:

PrincessOfPeace

King Willem-Alexander has granted the Order of the House of Orange to Queen Maxima for her 50th Birthday.

TLLK

Beautiful floral display at the world famous Keukenhof!

Maxima has given an interview for her 50th birthday to Dutch television.

M?xima at 50: An interview at the palace ? Royal Central

Topics covered included her meeting W-A, wedding, motherhood, her work, COVID as well as  controversies: her father, their Greek vacation.

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Queen Maxima!     
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 15th Birthday to Countess Leonore.

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 16th Birthday to Princess Alexia.

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 53rd birthday to Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau.