Main Menu

Hello hello hello

Started by x-Goody2Shoes-x, February 03, 2015, 02:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

x-Goody2Shoes-x

I'm from Wales, but currently live in England.
"But as the years went on, I realised that all I really want to be, all told, is a human. Just a productive, honest, courteously treated human. One of 'The Guys'. But with REALLY amazing hair."

x-Goody2Shoes-x

So.... *shuffles awkwardly* hey there everyone.

Newbie here, just made account, thought I'd post in here. Feel free to ask any random questions of me, I don't bite!  :coy:
"But as the years went on, I realised that all I really want to be, all told, is a human. Just a productive, honest, courteously treated human. One of 'The Guys'. But with REALLY amazing hair."

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

x-Goody2Shoes-x

Macrobug

Well hello hello hello right back at cha'    :hi:

No need to shuffle your feet.....come right on in.  Pull up a pillow and sit right on down.  None of us bit either (well, watch out for SC - she nibbles).

I will start the interrogation - where are you from?
GNU Terry Pratchett

Macrobug

Just asked you this question on the welcome thread  :lol:  I am going to have to come up with another question

GNU Terry Pratchett

x-Goody2Shoes-x

Thanks @Macrobug!  :happy: Haha, I suppose a nibbling isn't too bad, worse things happen at sea...

Well I'm from the UK, Wales to be exact. It rains a lot.  :P

Windsor

Welcome to Royal Insight.  :welcome: :welcome: :windsor1:

x-Goody2Shoes-x

HereditaryPrincess

Welcome! :flower3:

Which royal families do you like the most?

Limabeany

:monkey:  :hi7:  :monkey:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

x-Goody2Shoes-x

Thanks @HereditaryPrincess  and @Limabeany! Historically I'm a big Tudor geek.  :nod: I do like Princess Victoria of Sweden when it comes to modern royals. With the British Royal Family I'm a little torn, part of me wonders about the necessity of a royal family in this day and age, but I do think they do a tremendous amount for charity, and I do like the whole history, glitz and glamour. That being said, I'm certainly not above firing a bit of criticism at them when they screw up!   :P

x-Goody2Shoes-x

Quote from: Macrobug on February 03, 2015, 04:06:36 PM
Just asked you this question on the welcome thread  :lol:  I am going to have to come up with another question

Haha ask away! I can make the most of my free day...  :P

SophieChloe

Whereabouts in England have you decided to make your home @x-Goody2Shoes-x ?  Must be a special place if you left Wales. 

x-Goody2Shoes-x

@SophieChloe  I live in Birmingham at the moment, but it's just for the next few years, while I finish my degree and settle into a job. Don't think I'll be sticking around here forever!

tiaras

Welcome  :welcome: love the username :thumbsup:

Quote from: x-Goody2Shoes-x on February 04, 2015, 09:37:38 AM
@SophieChloe  I live in Birmingham at the moment, but it's just for the next few years, while I finish my degree and settle into a job. Don't think I'll be sticking around here forever!

What are you studying atm ?

x-Goody2Shoes-x

Thanks @tiaras  :coy: I'm training to be a midwife!  :D

tiaras

Cool  :thumbsup: :blowkiss:
Hope to see you posting :)

Curryong

Welcome. :welcome: You'll love it here and have a lot of fun posting! :happy:

TLLK

Quote from: x-Goody2Shoes-x on February 04, 2015, 10:42:22 AM
Good luck with your studies!

x-Goody2Shoes-x

Thanks @Curryong  and @TLLK !  :) In my final year, so hopefully should be getting some of those ridiculously sexy uniforms soon...  :hehe:

TLLK

Let me guess easy care scrubs with baby bottles or storks?  :P

My mother was an ICU nurse and I only saw her wear her traditional white dress circa 1978 with  hose, crepe soled shoes and cap on her graduation day.

x-Goody2Shoes-x

Quote from: TLLK on February 04, 2015, 07:24:29 PM
Let me guess easy care scrubs with baby bottles or storks?  :P

My mother was an ICU nurse and I only saw her wear her traditional white dress circa 1978 with  hose, crepe soled shoes and cap on her graduation day.

Oh no no no, regulation navy blue tunic with trousers, if you please, or else a navy blue tunic dress with regulation black closed shoes!  :P We only get to wear scrubs when in theatre, though they are really comfy!  :wink: As a student our tunics are white with yellow piping, and we have to sew stripes on our sleeves, colour coded depending on what year we are in.  :thumbsdown: Whoever decided white was a good hospital colour needs their head examined!

Macrobug

No kidding.  Especially in labour and delivery where things can get a little......er.....messy.  One delivery with a bit of mec and those scrubs are done  :hehe:

I haven't worn scrubs since 1998.  But when I did I wore the brightest, vivid colours I could.  My favourite set was a bright fushia.  If I had to work nights, I was going to be cheery.
GNU Terry Pratchett

SophieChloe

Quote from: x-Goody2Shoes-x on February 04, 2015, 09:37:38 AM
I understand.  Birmingham has its charms, but not an area I would choose to live in fulltime.

Quote from: x-Goody2Shoes-x on February 04, 2015, 10:42:22 AM
I'm so jealous! @x-Goody2Shoes-x I would love to have gone down that path. 

"One Born Every Minute" gets me every time  :lovestars:   You must have seen many births, G2S?   I would have thought you have?    To be part of that process must be beyond magical.