How The Duchess of Cornwall Won Our Hearts

Started by cinrit, July 02, 2014, 10:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limabeany

Camilla was the architect of Charles' adultery and treatment of a Diana, she did not become a Saint...
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

sandy

I agree Limabeany. Some people wring their hands over "poor" Camilla. Some victim! She saw out the first wife and the other mistress Lady Kanga. She is no victim. Not by a long shot. And all the fawning articles won't change that.

Quote from: TLLK on July 03, 2014, 02:41:34 PM
Quote from: cinrit on July 03, 2014, 12:20:25 PM
Actually, Higgins said that he would call Camilla and ask "yes or no" questions, such as "is this true" or "did this happen".  She'd say yes or no, and that was it.  She did not contact him with gossip.

As for the poll results that TLLK mentioned, it's taken from a YouGov poll, which is known for it's accuracy.

QuoteCamilla Can Become 'Queen', Say Public

Most British people want Camilla to take on the traditional title of queen consort if Charles is crowned, rather than take a lesser title – but women are more divided on the issue than men

A new YouGov poll finds that the British public back giving the her the title of queen consort should Charles become king. 

53% say Camilla should be queen consort, while 32% think she should be given a lesser title "out of sensitivity to Diana, the Princess of Wales".

More: Camilla can become 'Queen', say public

Cindy

Thank you Cindy. The YouGov poll results should be IMO considered an accurate account of how members of the public were feeling about a very wide range of issues when the questions were asked. Next year there may be different results.

Why? It is a sample, you don't know who was surveyed and it does not represent every single person in the UK let's get real about this poll. If the poll was of Camilla critical I can see the Camilla people protesting that the poll was not accurate. Pro or con surveys such as these are not inclusive of all people in the UK.

Double post auto-merged: July 03, 2014, 04:29:48 PM

Actually, Higgins said that he would call Camilla and ask "yes or no" questions, such as "is this true" or "did this happen".  She'd say yes or no, and that was it.  She did not contact him with gossip.

As for the poll results that TLLK mentioned, it's taken from a YouGov poll, which is known for it's accuracy.

Most British people want Camilla to take on the traditional title of queen consort if Charles is crowned, rather than take a lesser title – but women are more divided on the issue than men

A new YouGov poll finds that the British public back giving the her the title of queen consort should Charles become king. 

53% say Camilla should be queen consort, while 32% think she should be given a lesser title "out of sensitivity to Diana, the Princess of Wales".

Cindy

She still spoke to the press no matter how you slice it. The questions could have been probing. She had no business doing this even if she burst into song with Higgins. She was a snake.

Double post auto-merged: July 03, 2014, 04:34:32 PM

Quote from: TLLK on July 03, 2014, 02:41:34 PM

Cindy

Thank you Cindy. The YouGov poll results should be IMO considered an accurate account of how members of the public were feeling about a very wide range of issues when the questions were asked. Next year there may be different results.

TLK the poll makes no sense. Diana was never Queen Consort so the "sensitivity" makes no sense. Camilla did not use Princess of Wales because Diana used it. Again the poll is inconclusive since it does not represent the viewpoints of every citizen of the UK (like a census).

cinrit

Quote from: sandy on July 03, 2014, 04:27:13 PM
Why? It is a sample, you don't know who was surveyed and it does not represent every single person in the UK let's get real about this poll. If the poll was of Camilla critical I can see the Camilla people protesting that the poll was not accurate. Pro or con surveys such as these are not inclusive of all people in the UK.

To be fair, there have been many polls, both known for accuracy and not, that have reported Camilla as the least popular Royal, or reported that people didn't want her to be Queen Consort, and no one denied those polls' accuracy.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Mar

she hasnt won my heart!

to me she will always be "the other woman" the one who got into a marriage and broke it appart  ( even when that marriage was doomed , she , in my book is a..........

DaFluffs

For me - when I see someone in the press whom I really don't like and see what I believe to be destruction of other people at their hands - I wish for karma.

My wish for Camilla is to be faced with a nemesis exactly like herself.  Then lets see how well she carries herself to others....

Trudie

Cindy

Any one with common sense would realize that although Higgins said he called Camilla why would he have done so in the first place? Camilla had to let it be known among friends that she would love a media contact I doubt he just looked in a phone book for her number as most people know the POW's friends at that time didn't talk to the media or they were out. Lets see if there is a better excuse.

cinrit

^^ Not an "excuse", but a difference of opinion. :thumbsup:  And how do we know he didn't contact other friends and had no luck?  We don't.

Cindy

Queen Camilla

I thought the article was negative and not a positive story about Camilla.  It lists rumors as facts.

Camilla had me since 1989.  Liked the name, then liked the woman.

Windsor, I will looking into your old posts.   :orchid:

FanDianaFancy

I do not get some of you , your understanding. How can  you not  separate  fact  from fiction, side with the husband and girlfriend...I do not know. I  said before, I don't  know, maybe some here ummm, like that kind of thing and have been , are,   or support  family, friends  who see a man they  want and if a wife is there, so what! Marital bounds don't mean much!
Take it  , it takes two, the husband and another woman to play that game.

Hey, some people are like that.  Just say'in.

I  do not see why  some of  you cannot see the grey area  and the TRUTH as well.

This poll, that poll,  the next poll when she has her coronation in 10 or so years, none of it matters.
If the majority  of the people  love, like, accept, do not like,Camila, so what!  She  will be  Camilla, Queen  of England.
Not princess, lady,  nothing second fiddle.   BRF-Monarchy is NOT up for vote or  matters if the people like it, want it  or not. THATIS NOT A MONARCHY!!! 
She will be married to the King.
She  will be received by ther subjects of  The UK and heads of state, world leaders, other monarchs as Camilla, Queen of  England. Queen Camilla.

YES, she and PC are happy. YES, they are in love. YES, they  dated, had a connection and moved on AS MANY PEOPLE  do.
LOVE in 1970's  when they met, dated,  I would say NO.  they stayed friends. Fine some people do. Their world is small and  that is ok.  YES, all hail DofCornwall Camilla , the QEII EVEN QEII HAS  to accept her, PP, PH, K, PW, PAnne, PE, SRJ, the butcher, baker, candlestick maker, etc. because she is in the roll as  Wife to PC and  will be Q and  is due that respect whether they want to or not. It  is irrelevant, for sake of conversation, if they  want to  or  do not.    EVEN QEII, a mother  and  the mother to PC had to allow this marraige. What  was she  going to do,could do? Nothing.  She is QoE, but she is  also just a mother and she spoils her kids.
I think the only people in the Kingdom who do not accept her are  PD's  sisters and brother, but then they do not matter. They  are most likely  not in and friends with any of the nobility  or anything.  LOL!!!  It seems very medival, but one wants to be as close to the Crown as one can be . One sides with the Crown.

PC found someone to marry and who wanted him, loved him, wanted him, tried to be all she could for him.  That was PD.
FACT , he never gave it a chance. Why? His Royal Ego,  and  Camilla, Dear friend was ALWAYS  there. AWAYS.
THINK, if  you were Camilla, would you ahve wanted that marriage  to work??! HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That would shut  you out.

If you were  Camilla, If I WERE Camilla, would  you,  I  have wanted that marraige to work? Hell NO!!!!!!!
of course not!!!

FACT-PC enver gave it a try. Camila  made sure he never did.
Fred PC and glays Camilla went on the honeymoon. PD went along to  get  deflowered and start the babyhier  making. Sorry for being vulgar, but it  is, was the truth.
Things in common. That is such BS that they were doomed from the start. Had nothing in common? That is just  rubbish as ya'll say  from Camilla PC fans and BRF reporters who are making sure they get in while the geting in is good and early. Jump on the bandwagon. Brownosing.  PC and PD had in common....Hmm, love of the Arts, nobility, their children, the  people- their subjects, the country life, love of work  for their  subejcts as Senior Royals, being the  Beauty and  the Brains  of a SuperPower Couple,  etc. The list of what they  had to build on, on what they had in common was endless.

Hewitt to Dodi was after the fact. YES, PD  handled it all wrong. She was young ad  had no one to advise her.She wa sof that world, but  caught up nas a young woman in this wolrd  of the then early 1980's.
IF I  or YOU were her  sister, friend, mother though  she  did not really  have one, stepmother, my adice  would ahve been find a Lord/Duke of the kingdom adn be descret.   A  united, unified, lovely, kiss him, hold his hand in public  on ntorus    and do not fight  him about her.  Eventualy, it  will run nits course and he  might turnn to nyou or find someone else. LOL!  Find someone of  your  choice  for him. LOL. Hey, these peoples' lives are  not like ours. I am just say'ing PD handled it all wrong. Hindsight now.

Cam and PC to me are very lucky  people. WOW . I know some people like that in real life and I am sure you do too   who  have done, do everything under the sun , have done wrong,  wronged  people, and  have  wonderful luck. Everything comes up their way.
PC and remind me of that.   Honey, some people get it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     That is life!!!  I am not going to do wrong or wrong others or whatever though. It is not my  thing , choice to do.  I wonder how Camila feels? Like  wow!  PD dying just clinched the deal.

NO, in fairness, they  did not know PD was going to die.  YES, PD,  just  not  thinking smart  of  ended  her life. Bad luck.
That is life!!

And here it is today. Camilla and PC  are  one. K and Q. She  ahs all the glory, praise, riches, titles, EVEN PH and his family to come adn PW and his family to a point. While the boys  LOVED LOVE their mother, they  cannot  , do not and should not fight what  is. What can they do or not do about it? NOTHING! I mean  when PC and  C got married . When they moved in together  before and after PD's  death.
Nothing.
They have their livfes and PC and C  cannot  do, will not do, should not do anything about them either.

All I am saying is, please ya'll, do not  buy into  the  new , twisted story  by  these reporters  of how PC and C were star crossed lovers  separated by  time and rekindled  an innocent love after  PC  was a widow and how C  was there as a mother to help him raise his children and  .....  None of that is the TRUTH.

All  I am ALSO saying is yes, PC and C love each other. All the kingdom accepts it  and the BRF does and if anyone does not, so what!! She will be Queen Camilla I and  to King Charles #____. Yes, she will be Queen Camilla I, informally speaking. She  will be the first  Qof E  named Camilla.  That name will regein forever.
Maybe PGeroge will name his daughter Diana Camilla  Elizabeth Spencer. Who knows !?!?!?

Double post auto-merged: July 04, 2014, 04:07:14 AM

Quote from: Queen Camilla on July 03, 2014, 10:38:38 PM
I thought the article was negative and not a positive story about Camilla.  It lists rumors as facts.

Camilla had me since 1989.  Liked the name, then liked the woman.

Windsor, I will looking into your old posts.   :orchid:

QC,there is no doubt you think this woman is grand. Wonderful. That is fine . That is your opinion. I  can  never figure it out, why, but ok.
You just said, the lady won you over in 1989.
Hey, why  say 1989.  Go back to  July 1981.

Ok. I do not know how old you are   QC or  background or anything.
I am not being insulting here.
I am just  saying , that is all.
No, I  cannot figure  out  all the  hail Camilla, how  thou  great art she...adoration for her.

NO, I am  not  saying she doesn't deserve to live her life  or should not be QC. Quite the opposite. I  do say, HOWEVER,  I simply  cannot see the adoration, rights some of you all feel  the poor lady, the poor  dear  had lost  when PC and  PD were married   and  all the injustice that was done to her  by PD and how PD destroyed the Innocent CPB's life.
I do say though, I  do not see how some people can pretend the facts of the story  are erased  because of time. Gone with time.  Never happened.  It is just logical to me.

?????
I am at a lost.

She has won some of you over with her  work, style, above reproach   demeanor...
Ok.

I do not see it.  I  just do not understand.

NO,I am not saying  she and PC should not have married , she be  QofE...quite  the opposite. I just do not see how one  can say  how wonderful thou art is  Queen Camila I, Queen Consort Camilla I, whatever her name. How wonderful is she and she was so wronged.

I  just cannot see it.  I  cannot understand   any of you, your   reasoning of how this so-called, public relations  made  poor, innocent creature ....

LOL,it is laughable !!!!!!!  Ludicrous!

Double post auto-merged: July 04, 2014, 04:15:01 AM

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20104247,00.html
He never loved her. Oh boy!!

Double post auto-merged: July 04, 2014, 04:32:56 AM

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20096470,00.html
June 1987, it was  totally and  privately officially  OVER.
It  was not totally,     publically and   officially over YET.
PW, H born. DONE! Job well done!!  About 5 1/2 to 6 years , DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PC and  C  , the real  pull, in why  it  was over. It  was not official;y  known then. Common sense now . We  all know now what the public did officially know then.  TPTB, the  close circle of friends  of PC  and  C ,  knew and helped.

Eri

I don't get why blame the fact Chuck and Di never had a real marriage on Cam ... she was just a distant friend with her own life when he married and had his children with her own family to worry about ... it's only when both marriages were over and Di was doing HEWITT that they got back together and who says otherwise has nothing, no proof just the will to be nasty about Camilla !!!

sandy

She was no "distant" friend according to Prince Charles. I suggest that you read the Dimbleby book. Charles made his feelings about the so-called "distant friend" known--in no uncertain terms. Charles admitted to his biographer he was intimate with Camilla ca. 1979 and preferred her to Diana. The intimacy with Diana stopped after she served her purpose and got the heir and spare. Please don't rewrite history Eri. Camilla never really was out of Charles life despite her having the husband and kiddies. Diana did not "do" Hewitt until Charles started shacking up with Camilla again. You have no proof of your contentions about Diana and you still apparently ignore Charles own thoughts on Camilla. Did you see photos of the "distant" friend trying to get buddy buddy with Lady Diana. I take it you did not.  If you think she was a "distant friend" I might have a bridge to sell you.  If Camilla were not manipulative and ruthless she would never be where she is today.  The distant friend was named by sources as the woman Charles had an overnighter with on the royal train whilst he was dating Diana. And she sent those little trinkets on his honeymoon with Diana. And Anna Wallace dumped Charles ca. 1980 when he danced the night away with the "distant friend" Camilla. With a "distant" friend like Camilla who needs enemies?

Eri

^ There is no proof he had anything to do romantically with Cam before 1987 none whatsoever !!! This is ridiculous!!! Di had HEWITT Chuck had Cam no one in that mess was a Saint or a victim their marriage didn't work out and after Harry they both took lovers neither is "better" than the other ...

FanDianaFancy

Eri, she was not a distant friend, an old girlfriend , an  acquaitance and they  ocassionaly  saw each  socially....

Fred Prince C and Gladys Camilla  went on the honeymoon and PD  tagged along...NO, Fred and Gladys  were not there in the phsycial on the honeymoon, but emotionally, mentally,  PC and C  were together.

AB and CPB had  LDS and PC over  to their personal home  for privacy during courtship.

C  was  close to PC, sahred close friends and  she  knew how to make him tick. IF I WERE Cam, would I have  wanted, left that marriage to succeed? No way!!!
YES, PC  is jsut as much to blame. PD  said in her  interview  she  was  50%  blame , but no more and there were three of them in the marriage and it  was a bit crowded. Sounds  honest and  she took 50% of the blame.  What more  is the left  of trashing her  ?To say?
The girl said she was wrong too. I assume thatmeans  Hewitt , a bad choice. I assume that was not  , perhaps  doing as those do in her world  which was grin and  bare it , the humilation  in their personal world and  turn the other check or  find a  man from mher world and be decret. Marriage in name only.
CPB  accompained, met  up with  LDS  at   , at elast one Polo match, lol  we saw pictures of. The  LDS  looking downcast  like a scolded  Corgi  by   QEII.

Eei   , your  post just makes the point...some of you do not , perhaps know the story. Age here, but  I was in my 20's during the 1980's. LOL.

Your post  just brings up the  point  of rewriting the story  of PC, C as  two love lorn and lost  lovers separated by  time and his  mother, TPTB her family, the media,  the Lord Mountbatten and poor PC tricked  into  a  loveless marriage by the tempest, shrew LDS. OH PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Hewitt, a bad choice  by PD, was not on the scene  in 1981, 82, etc. He come into the picture well after the fact.

---------------Like I said in my  rather long post,  I get it. PC and C do love each other. They  will be K and Q. PD died, sadly,  BUT YES yes YES life  goes on. LIFE IS FOR THE LIVING. ---------------------------

STILL, I  do  not accept the  rewrites of what was. That's all!!!

Double post auto-merged: July 04, 2014, 01:30:19 PM

Quote from: Eri on July 04, 2014, 01:17:49 PM
^ There is no proof he had anything to do romantically with Cam before 1987 none whatsoever !!! This is ridiculous!!! Di had HEWITT Chuck had Cam no one in that mess was a Saint or a victim their marriage didn't work out and after Harry they both took lovers neither is "better" than the other ...

It  did not happen that way, but   I cannot argue with you. Pointless.   If C and PC  told you and others on a  tv show today , and they  all but did, you still won't  believe.  The PD  Saint  shot  is  a cheap shot  and shows your bias.  Right there, you and some others  cannot  go beyond  what  you choose to believe which are simply not the facts. THE FACTS are out there in pictures, words of PC and C.  BRF reporters who  knew the FACTS and put them out there. See People magazines above  and that was one  our  side of the poind. The Brit side had the story  out long before.
That there prooves you cannot, won't   read the truth  of know of it. You refuse  to  see what has already been  proven, said,  written about and even said by  PC and PD, etc.

DaFluffs

Quote from: sandy on July 04, 2014, 11:45:35 AM
She was no "distant" friend according to Prince Charles. I suggest that you read the Dimbleby book. Charles made his feelings about the so-called "distant friend" known--in no uncertain terms. Charles admitted to his biographer he was intimate with Camilla ca. 1979 and preferred her to Diana. The intimacy with Diana stopped after she served her purpose and got the heir and spare. Please don't rewrite history Eri. Camilla never really was out of Charles life despite her having the husband and kiddies. Diana did not "do" Hewitt until Charles started shacking up with Camilla again. You have no proof of your contentions about Diana and you still apparently ignore Charles own thoughts on Camilla. Did you see photos of the "distant" friend trying to get buddy buddy with Lady Diana. I take it you did not.  If you think she was a "distant friend" I might have a bridge to sell you.  If Camilla were not manipulative and ruthless she would never be where she is today.  The distant friend was named by sources as the woman Charles had an overnighter with on the royal train whilst he was dating Diana. And she sent those little trinkets on his honeymoon with Diana. And Anna Wallace dumped Charles ca. 1980 when he danced the night away with the "distant friend" Camilla. With a "distant" friend like Camilla who needs enemies?

:goodpost: 

sandy

Quote from: Eri on July 04, 2014, 01:17:49 PM

Charles told his biographer in an interview (that was published in the press ca. 1994): he was intimate with Camilla: early seventies, ca. 1979-80 and 1986. It is not ridiculous. If you want to rewrite history suit yourself. Charles is more to blame because he did not drop Camilla after he married Diana and admitted to his biographer he preferred Camilla at the time he married Diana. He used Diana as a broodmare.  Ordinarily Diana and Charles could have divorced but as senior royals divorce was discouraged back then.

Eri

^ You mean  the Year Di started with HEWITT ?

sandy

Charles indicated to his biographer he went back to Camilla in 1986. Diana got even later that year by getting involved with Hewitt.  They felt a mutual attraction at the York's wedding in Summer 1986, after a month or so they became intimate. Charles certainly didn't care--he was shacking up with Camilla. Some sources said Charles was meeting secretly Camilla as early as 1983.

No matter how you slice it Charles was untrue to Diana from the get go.  Charles told his biographer he felt forced to marry Diana and preferred Camilla.  He could not commit to Diana fully (he wanted heirs from her primarily IMO) because he preferred Camilla. And no Diana did not know how things would turn out at the marriage. She thought the guy loved her because he swore to be faithful to her and love her in a wedding ceremony.

cinrit

Did Charles say he "was forced" to marry Diana, or did he say he "felt pressured" to marry her?  It's tempting to assume Charles was the first to stray in 1986, but to be fair, we simply do not know.  The four people involved probably don't even know. 

Cindy

sandy

He already cheated on Diana when he did not completely give up Camilla at the time of his marriage to Diana (she sent gifts to him, they kept in touch--he told his biographer he preferred her to Camilla--how does that make the wife feel when she realizes this after the wedding?). It's not tempting to say he was the first to stray by most accounts he did cheat first. In any event he used Diana to have the heirs, refused to have more children with her after Harry was  born. Shifting the responsibility to Diana by accusing her of cheating first is a cop out because he already was dishonest with Diana at the time he married.

It's a matter of semantics, feeling forced to marry a woman is not exactly flattering to the woman involved. And some Charles followers do say he was "forced" to marry her.

Trudie

Quote from: cinrit on July 03, 2014, 10:19:51 PM
^^ Not an "excuse", but a difference of opinion. :thumbsup:  And how do we know he didn't contact other friends and had no luck?  We don't.

Cindy

NO but we all know Camilla's motives at the time.How come no one has said they talked to Amanda Knatchbull, Lady Jane, Emilie VanCutsem the late Kanga it's all out there.  As for who cheated first well Diana said that when Harry was born her whole marriage just went down the drain and Charles said he was faithful until the marriage was irretrievably broken down so as Diana said Charles went back to Camilla or as she put it his lady and both Hewitt and Diana said they became intimate in 86 so why all of a sudden is Camilla so acceptable is it because of those magic HRH before her name?.

Double post auto-merged: July 04, 2014, 08:53:12 PM

Quote from: cinrit on July 04, 2014, 05:50:14 PM
Did Charles say he "was forced" to marry Diana, or did he say he "felt pressured" to marry her?  It's tempting to assume Charles was the first to stray in 1986, but to be fair, we simply do not know.  The four people involved probably don't even know. 

Cindy

Ah actually he did and offered proof of a letter his father sent him telling him to make up his mind to either marry her or end it so as not to compromise her reputation since the media was becoming intolerable. Phillip to his credit did not force the issue he just advised Charles to make up his mind Charles in his never take responsibility for his mistakes blamed his father. Read Dimbleby

KaTerina Montague

Quote from: Windsor on July 03, 2014, 02:39:12 PM
She has certainly won my loyalty, love and affection over the years. I remember how strongly I felt about her marrying the Prince of Wales all those years ago. You only have to look at my posts on the matter to see how strongly against I was...

I wasn't here back then but I also was strongly against him marrying her, I've done a complete 180 since then, not only was it good for him but I think she is good for the BRF.

SophieChloe

Goodness that woman destroyed a young girl.  I don't care how many updos or jewels she wears. 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Eri

^ Personally I think her father destroyed the young girl agreeing on her marrying Chuck  with wide open eyes about what awaited her that was vile ...

SophieChloe

Yes, him and Camilla were both "vile". 
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

cinrit

Quote from: Trudie on July 04, 2014, 08:39:17 PM
NO but we all know Camilla's motives at the time.How come no one has said they talked to Amanda Knatchbull, Lady Jane, Emilie VanCutsem the late Kanga it's all out there.  As for who cheated first well Diana said that when Harry was born her whole marriage just went down the drain and Charles said he was faithful until the marriage was irretrievably broken down so as Diana said Charles went back to Camilla or as she put it his lady and both Hewitt and Diana said they became intimate in 86 so why all of a sudden is Camilla so acceptable is it because of those magic HRH before her name?.

In my case, it's because I don't think being upset about something that happened so many years ago is productive.  I also believe that people are not all bad, just like they're not all good, and that people are capable of atoning for whatever bad they did in the past and deserve to be forgiven.

Quote from: TrudieAh actually he did and offered proof of a letter his father sent him telling him to make up his mind to either marry her or end it so as not to compromise her reputation since the media was becoming intolerable. Phillip to his credit did not force the issue he just advised Charles to make up his mind Charles in his never take responsibility for his mistakes blamed his father. Read Dimbleby

I have read Dimbleby.  As you say, Philip did not "force" Charles to marry Diana.  But he did pressure him to.  Slight difference, but a difference.

Cindy