Prince Louis General Chat

Started by sara8150, September 04, 2017, 03:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandy

I don't recall if this rule was applied to Charlotte. Although, her name was announced in a relatively short time.

TLLK

I'd love to give up the DM but the photos are incredible!!! And often times they're one of the few sources for English language coverage of the European, Asian and ME royals. :shrug:

TLLK

Both George and Charlotte's names were released in 48 hours. QEII had expressed that she'd hope George  would arrive soon as she was headed for Balmoral in August. Soon after QEII met with the couple the baby's name was released. I wouldn't be surprised that the one or two of the grandparents and great-grandmother have not been able to meet the baby yet.  :) QEII and Charles' schedules have to be considered.

Curryong

I think they may, just may have been 100% expecting a girl, and had only a few boys names as possibles. Therefore they may be spending a couple of days sorting it out. Charles and the Queen never rushed to see Charlotte, so why number three?

TLLK

I think that they'll go and see the new baby before the name is announced though.  :)

sara8150

'I'm working on it!': Prince William says he and Kate are still undecided on what they'll call the new Royal baby as social media clamours for clues of a name
'I'm working on it!': Prince William says he and Kate are still undecided on baby's name | Daily Mail Online

Double post auto-merged: April 27, 2018, 03:15:37 AM

Why hasn't Charles seen the baby? Grandfather STILL hasn't visited William and Kate's newborn prince although Carole, Pippa and Eugenie have
Prince Charles hasn't visited William and Kate's newborn royal baby yet | Daily Mail Online
Middleton and member of royal family need to share of Cambridge?s children not so selfish over Middleton but Prince Charles would love see grandchildren..

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on April 26, 2018, 10:10:44 PM
I think that they'll go and see the new baby before the name is announced though.  :)
Imagine so.  I wonder if they haven't got  name sorted out because they didn't know the gender. or perhaps they want the family to see the baby before they announce the name.

Curryong

Most parents have a selection of both boys and girls names sorted out during the months of pregnancy. That's one of the nicer tasks undertaken during that time.

Charles doesn't really seem to be a baby or toddler-type person. Some granddads dote on toddlers, others don't, and Charles seems to be among the latter. He didn't turn up to either Charles or Charlotte's first birthday parties (he was inspecting a red squirrel sanctuary for George's birthday celebrations) so I don't know why people expect him to be on the steps of the Cambridges' home, panting with anticipation at the sight of his third grandchild.

All the same, it's not good optics. It adds to the impression that William blows hot and cold with his father and is far more comfortable with Kate's family. However, that aspect doesn't seem to bother Charles, so things will remain as they are, I guess.

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on April 27, 2018, 07:47:14 AM
Most parents have a selection of both boys and girls names sorted out during the months of pregnancy. That's one of the nicer tasks undertaken during that time.

Charles doesn't really seem to be a baby or toddler-type person. Some granddads dote on toddlers, others don't, and Charles seems to be among the latter. He didn't turn up to either Charles or Charlotte's first birthday parties (he was inspecting a red squirrel sanctuary for George's birthday celebrations) so I don't know why people expect him to be on the steps of the Cambridges' home, panting with anticipation at the sight of his third grandchild.

All the same, it's not good optics. It adds to the impression that William blows hot and cold with his father and is far more comfortable with Kate's family. However, that aspect doesn't seem to bother Charles, so things will remain as they are, I guess.
I'm sure they have names they thought of, but they maybe changed their minds when they actually have  the baby  and still be discussing it.. Or want to run the name by the queen. 
Possibly they didn't know the gender and now that it is a boy, since there is less freedom for a male royal name, they are tryng to find something that doesn't sound too Victorian or Medieval...

Curryong

Well, so it's Louis Arthur Charles! George already has Louis as one of his names, but of course there's the Mountbatten-Battenberg connection.

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on April 27, 2018, 10:23:03 AM
Well, so it's Louis Arthur Charles! George already has Louis as one of his names, but of course there's the Mountbatten-Battenberg connection.
also a Spencer name...

Curryong

Does it run in the Spencer family line though? I know Charles Spencer named his son and heir Louis, but the Earls in the Spencer family have always had traditional English names as far as I know.

amabel

No, but It is the name of the next Earl Spencer.. I remember around the time, Louis seemed to be quite a popular baby name.. I can think of 2 or 3 kids who had it.. early 90s I think.....But still the Middletons have been left out, it seems. 

sandy

Lou is the nickname for Louis in the US. Famous Louis' in the US include baseball legend  Lou Gehrig and comedian Lou Costello.

Louis Charles was a popular name for French princes.

Michael should have been one of the middle names.

dianab

Maybe Michael dont wants any grandchild named after him.
I'm glad Albert IS NOT any of baby's names

sandy

I don't think Michael would have minded. Just my thoughts.

I was relieved the child was not named Arthur as a first name.

Mike

Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Mike

Michael wound have been a great name!    :D

I assume William and Kate were again given a list of "acceptable" names?
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

wannable

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account
@KensingtonRoyal

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son Louis Arthur Charles.

The baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince Louis of Cambridge.

sandy

It sounds that way. They could not think out of the box.

Interesting though that Charles Spencer has named one of his sons Louis and one of his daughters Charlotte Diana.

dianab

Quote from: sandy on April 27, 2018, 01:24:33 PM
I don't think Michael would have minded. Just my thoughts.

I was relieved the child was not named Arthur as a first name.
They can have picked Nicholas as a 2nd name, no?

LIBERTE, EGALITE, FRATERNITE! REPUBLIQUE FRANCAISE!

Curryong

If William and Kate were given a list of 'acceptable' names then Prince Charles must be rather surprised at all the Spencer links on the list, considering his relationship with that family.

PR George Alexander Louis.  George McCorqudale, Alexander Fellowes, William's cousins, Diana's nephews.

Prss Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. Earl Spencer's daughter's name is Charlotte Diana.

PR Louis Arthur Charles.  Louis Spencer Viscount Althorp is Earl Spencer's eldest son. Charles Earl Spencer is William's maternal uncle.

Subtle but clever, I think.

dianab

Grandfather of Johnnie was named Charles
Charles Spencer - Wikipedia,_6th_Earl_Spencer

Arthur is the only Windsor name in this kid

amabel

Quote from: dianab on April 27, 2018, 01:54:16 PM
They can have picked Nicholas as a 2nd name, no?

LIBERTE, EGALITE, FRATERNITE! REPUBLIQUE FRANCAISE!
why would they pick Nicholas?

Double post auto-merged: April 27, 2018, 02:41:31 PM

Quote from: Curryong on April 27, 2018, 02:16:32 PM
If William and Kate were given a list of 'acceptable' names then Prince Charles must be rather surprised at all the Spencer links on the list, considering his relationship with that family.

PR George Alexander Louis.  George McCorqudale, Alexander Fellowes, William's cousins, Diana's nephews.

Prss Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. Earl Spencer's daughter's name is Charlotte Diana.

PR Louis Arthur Charles.  Louis Spencer Viscount Althorp is Earl Spencer's eldest son. Charles Earl Spencer is William's maternal uncle.

Subtle but clever, I think.
all of them are royal names....

dianab

Then the baby would have a VERY french name, sarcasm, anyone?