The Danish Royal Family General News and Chat

Started by TLLK, June 20, 2018, 08:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on October 27, 2021, 10:59:04 PM
In his childhood, King Frederik VIII of Denmark was known as "Freddy with the pretty face".   
Could "Freddy with the pretty face" also apply to Crown Prince Frederik?

Depends on whether you think CP Frederik is a handsome man or not, I suppose. IMO he?s always had a very pleasant and cheery look, and appears quite young for his age in spite of greying hair. He is a dapper man, good personal grooming and style does help.

His brother Joachim was always a bit bonier, resembling his maternal grandfather King Frederik I think. He appeared to be a bit grim sometimes, leading to unfortunate remarks on a couple of royal forums about resemblances to an undertaker! Anyway, both brothers are loved by their wives and children so it doesn?t really matter what others think!

Blue Clover

I agree, not the most handsome man around, but he is handsome in a wholesome way.

LouisFerdinand

PrincessOfPeace

Queen Margrethe will celebrate Christmas Eve with the Crown Prince Family at Marselisborg Castle this year.

Prince Joachim, Princess Marie, and their 2 children will spend it  in France with Princess Marie's family.

Prince Nikolai & Prince Felix, spend Christmas with their mother.

https://twitter.com/OAanmoen/status/1462840769627279363?s=20

TLLK

Queen Margrethe cancels annual Christmas journey to London ? Royal Central  :( 

I believe that Margrethe used to use this time to visit with the BRF and other friends. Margrethe and her sisters attended boarding school in the UK during their early years. According to the article, QMI would also buy a traditional English Christmas cake as her mother Queen Ingrid introduced the custom to her family. 

QuoteQueen Margrethe has a long held tradition of going to London each December and managing both official tasks and Christmas gift shopping for the family. However, her 2021 visit has now been cancelled.

It was expected that the Queen of Denmark would travel to the UK capital while Crown Prince Frederik would have been regent of Denmark in the coming days. Now the trip has been cancelled, the royal house?s communication department confirms to Danish media.

The Danish Royal Court further confirmed that this has happened because of the current COVID-19 situation.

Queen Margrethe should have had attended two prestigious events in London over the weekend. On Friday, December 3, in the evening, Her Majesty was scheduled to attend an officers ?dinner at The Princess of Wales? Royal Regiment, where she is Colonel-in-Chief.

Blue Clover

Nice holiday time with the Queen and her grandchildren.

TLLK

TLLK

Prince Nicholai returns to Denmark after a study abroad session in France.

Prince Nikolai of Denmark moves back to Copenhagen from Paris ? Royal Central

QuoteFor the past six months, Prince Nikolai of Denmark has been on a study stay in Paris with his girlfriend, Benedikte Thoustrup. Prince Nikolai is the eldsted son of Prince Joachim and his former wife Countess Alexandra. He is the eldest grandson of Her Majesty Queen Margrethe of Denmark.

After studying for a semester in Paris, Prince Nikolai is now on his way home to Denmark. His mother?s press secretary has said in a comment to Danish press that: ?Prince Nikolai moves home to Denmark at the end of January, as has always been the plan and then continues with his studies at Copenhagen Business School. The prince?s girlfriend, Benedikte Thoustrup, comes home at the same time as him?.

TLLK

^^^ From the article above. I'm sorry that QMI is positive and now has to cancel her public and private events. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I have to wonder though with the recent celebrations for CPss Mary's 50th birthday, if any of the guests or staff present has also tested positive?

The Queen of Denmark is in isolation after testing positive for Covid.

Queen Margrethe II has mild symptoms and is now resting at her home at Christian IX?s Palace at Amalienborg in Copenhagen.

The Danish Monarch, who is 81 years old, tested positive just hours after attending the opening of a major new royal exhibition on February 8th 2022.

The Danish Royal Household said Margrethe has had to cancel her planned holiday in Norway, where she was due to spend time with King Harald and Queen Sonja, while she recovers.

Queen Margrethe has received all the coronavirus vaccinations.

wannable

It's ''mild''.  Nothing to worry about IMO.

Before vaccines, I'd feel alarmed. 

TLLK

Prince Felix is set to follow his older brother Prince Nicolai into the modeling world.

Prince Felix of Denmark follows in his big brother?s footsteps ? Royal Central

QuotePrince Felix has taken a second step in a path already walked by his older brother Prince Nikolai ? he will appear in a modelling campaign.

Just like his older brother, Prince Felix had sought and gained admission to the Royal Danish Military Academy in 2021, where he was supposed to undergo a two-year program to become an Army Lieutenant.

However, after beginning his training in August, he decided to interrupt his studies in October, which mirrored Prince Nikolai?s back in 2018.

And now, the two brothers have both started a career in the modelling industry. Prince Nikolai made his debut in a Burberry?s fashion show during London Fashion Week, while Prince Felix will make his first appearance as a model in the campaign for jeweller Georg Jensen?s Reflect collection.

Felix is set to appear in both pictures and an advert promoting the new line, and some images and snippets of the video have already been posted by the jewellery house?s social media accounts. The new campaign launched on 10 February and features necklaces, earrings and rings.

TLLK

The Queen's sister Princess Benedikte has tested positive for COVID and is experiencing mild cold symptoms.  She is resting at Amalienborg Palace.

TLLK

Prince Christian was spotted at a football match with a few friends this weekend.

FC Kongehus: Prinsen i Parken ? Ekstra Bladet

TLLK

A large family gathering with QMI, Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne Marie with nearly all of their children and spouses.

QuoteDuring her lifetime, Queen Ingrid made a big mark on Graasten Castle, and these days, the former queen's three daughters and grandchildren with spouses are gathered at the southern Jutland castle for a "cousin" get-together.
The gathering has been arranged by Her Majesty The Queen, Her Royal Highness Princess Benedikte and Her Majesty Queen Anne-Marie, and thus almost all Frederik 9. and Queen Ingrid's grandchildren gathered just now during the summer holidays rid️

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on July 26, 2022, 03:03:12 PM
A large family gathering with QMI, Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne Marie with nearly all of their children and spouses.

I think it?s so lovely to see these sisters, close to each other all their lives, still meeting and bringing along their families. The Danes seem especially fond of these, and it reminds me of the very jolly gatherings of Greek, Russian, British and Danish descendants of King Christian IX and Queen Louise in the 19th century.

TLLK

QMI's niece Princess Nathalie who is the daughter of Princess Benedikte and her late husband Prince Richard has finally settled her divorce.

Queen Margrethe of Denmark's niece finalises her divorce | Daily Mail Online

QuoteQueen Margrethe of Denmark's niece Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg has finalised her divorce from her husband Alexander Johannsmann after 12 years of marriage.

The Olympic equestrian, 47, who is not in the line of succession for the Danish throne, already confirmed her separation from her 44-year-old partner - but now it's been made official, the Royal Court of Denmark confirmed to Billed Bladet.

Nathalie is the third child and youngest daughter of Princess Benedikte of Denmark, who is the younger sister of Queen Margrethe, and Richard, 6th Prince of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.

She and her German horse breeder husband share two children together, Konstantin Gustav Heinrich Richard, 12, who is Princess Mary of Denmark's godson, and Louisa Margareta Benedikte Hanna, seven.

TLLK

Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and their younger children will move to the United States in the Summer of 2023. He's taken a new role with a defense firm.

Prince Joachim to move with family to US and start new job ? Royal Central

In recent weeks, there has been uncertainty about the future of Prince Joachim and his family. It became clear this autumn that the son of the Danish queen was going to leave his job in Paris, but where the journey was to continue first became known as November came to an end. The prince will move to the United States, with Princess Marie and their two childrne, where he will work in the defence industry.

The prince has scored a new top job within the defence industry in Washington, D.C. and thus will leave Paris in the summer of 2023. It was the Danish newspaper ?BT? that first reported this, after having the news confirmed by several independent sources. However, the Danish Royal Court`s communications department will not confirm the information about the prince?s new job.

It can be considered a step up the career ladder for the prince, who has been defence attach? in Paris since September 2020. Although France and Denmark have close cooperation, the USA is, as is well known, Denmark?s most important ally when it comes to defence.

The job in the USA is probably also limited in time and after that, no one knows what the future holds for the prince and his family. Exact details of the job haven?t yet been revealed while reports suggest the family could move to Washington D.C., Maryland or Virginia.

The job naturally also means that Prince Joachim is moving even further away from Denmark after a tumultuous autumn in the Royal family. A crisis broke out, when the Queen decided to take away the titles from all of Prince Joachim?s children. This led to the prince, Princess Marie and Joachim?s former wife, Countess Alexandra, saying that their children felt abandoned by the royal family.

In 2019, Prince Joachim began France?s highest-ranked military education at the Center des Hautes ?tudes Militaires and the Institut des Hautes ?tudes de la D?fense Nationale in Paris. In 2020, he received his diploma, and the prince is also a colonel of the reserve forces in Denmark.

Curryong

Weren?t there rumours a while ago that Joachim would be trying for a defence job after the years in Paris? I?m sure I read something about it but somehow I believed the family would be based in Europe. That?s a big lifestyle change, not least for the children?s education. From the Danish system to the French and now to the American. I?m sure they will be excited about some aspects of American life however. Good luck to them. Won?t be returning to Denmark any time soon.

TLLK

I wonder if Felix and Nicolai are going to remain in Denmark or will they be considering a life in the U.S. too?

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on December 02, 2022, 01:03:52 AM
I wonder if Felix and Nicolai are going to remain in Denmark or will they be considering a life in the U.S. too?

It depends, doesn?t it? I suppose their mother will be alone in Denmark (unless she?s found herself a boyfriend recently, haven?t read that she has), and while young men aren?t usually tied to their mother?s apron strings (hopefully) I can?t see them leaving her in Denmark for months at a time either.

It?s difficult to know as well, just what they will be doing in the future. Modelling is lovely while you?re young but surely neither Felix nor Nikolai are envisioning it as a lifetime career. If one or both could enter University in the US (if they could find a degree that appeals to them) that could be a solution. They could then live near Joachim and family and spend holiday times in Denmark or elsewhere with their mother. Otherwise, I guess they could find an occupation in Europe that would give them something to strive for.

Curryong

Christian and sister  Isabella go separately from the palace to a nearby market and Xmas decorated square, filming each other. Very sweet. These two are really grown!

DET DANSKE KONGEHUS ?? on Instagram: "? 16. december ? S?skende p? tur i et juleudsmykket K?benhavn.   Da m?rket faldt p? og julelysene blev t?ndt i

TLLK

Prince Nikolai appeared on a Danish program called "Find My Course."

Quotehis spring I had the great pleasure of having Prince Nikolai out sailing. He was on board for a day and a half, so I had plenty of time to form a proper impression of an incredibly nice and sympathetic man.
Like the rest of Denmark, I knew who Prince Nikolai was all his life. I have seen him in the papers and on the balcony with the rest of the royal family. But I never ?met? him. Neither in the literal sense nor in the transmitted meaning. When you meet a new person for the first time and you have to get in on each other, the conversation goes far and wide. Ours did too, and those conversations have come out of a TV show. It's called "My own course" and can be seen tonight at. 21.55 on TV2 free or on TV2 Play. The program with Prince Nikolai is recorded before he was told that he would lose his prince title at the end of the year.
The episode with Prince Nikolai is the first in a series of programs where I've invited different exciting people on a trip to sea. The remaining programs will be shown in the spring