Princess Mary Wakes Her Husband Crown Prince Frederik Up with a Quick Nudge

Started by cinrit, September 01, 2014, 11:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinrit

QuoteTheir own 'I do's' were over a decade ago, so perhaps it's understandable if Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary have forgotten the excitement of a wedding day.

But sitting in the crowd to see actress Flora Montgomery wed her groom Soren Jessen in Northern Ireland on Sunday, Prince Frederik struggled to keep his eyes open - first blinking rapidly before appearing to nod off altogether.

Luckily, Tasmanian-born Princess Mary was on hand to give her sleepy husband a helpful nudge and wake him up.

More: Princess Mary of Denmark wakes husband Crown Prince Frederik up with a quick nudge at wedding | Mail Online

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Curryong

Quote from: cinrit on September 01, 2014, 11:46:18 AM
QuoteTheir own 'I do's' were over a decade ago, so perhaps it's understandable if Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary have forgotten the excitement of a wedding day.

But sitting in the crowd to see actress Flora Montgomery wed her groom Soren Jessen in Northern Ireland on Sunday, Prince Frederik struggled to keep his eyes open - first blinking rapidly before appearing to nod off altogether.

Luckily, Tasmanian-born Princess Mary was on hand to give her sleepy husband a helpful nudge and wake him up.

More: Princess Mary of Denmark wakes husband Crown Prince Frederik up with a quick nudge at wedding | Mail Online

Cindy

That's what overwork does for you! :lol:

Blue Clover

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on September 01, 2014, 12:10:18 PM
Quote from: cinrit on September 01, 2014, 11:46:18 AM

Cindy

That's what overwork does for you! :lol:
Frederik of Denmark and overwork...I'm not so sure about that. Mary looks very nice at the event.

Macrobug

Had he not just got back from somewhere.  That is what jetlag does to a person  :teehee:

That is an interesting vest :blink:
GNU Terry Pratchett

TLLK

Limabeany

The hypnotized and jetlagged theories presented before this court are, IMO, the most likely causes of the snoozefest.  :happy15:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Macrobug

Plus the fact that most men would prefer to be anywhere but a wedding.
GNU Terry Pratchett

Curryong

Frederik often looks worn out, actually. Maybe it's the joys of having four children under ten!

Limabeany

Quote from: Macrobug on September 04, 2014, 12:48:26 AM
Plus the fact that most men would prefer to be anywhere but a wedding.
:happy15: True, I have never met a man who enjoyed sitting at weddings but, I suppose one could exist... Stranger things have happened. Like a king visiting Iowa...  :hehe:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Blue Clover

Quote from: Curryong on September 04, 2014, 12:56:32 AM
Frederik often looks worn out, actually. Maybe it's the joys of having four children under ten!

:nod: They have several nannies, his duties are nothing like a regular suburban molecules father who must hold down a job and provide childcare as well.  He does seem tired and worn.  :hmm:

TLLK

The last count I'd read was four nannies, but with two in school full-time perhaps the others might be part-time.