Peter & Autumn Philips and family news and general chat.

Started by LouisFerdinand, June 09, 2017, 12:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenAlex

Tehre are reports/rumours that Autumn and Peter are separating.

TLLK

Yes. I just noticed that on another site. :(

Twitter

QuoteGert's Royals
@Gertsroyals
The Sun reports that the Queen?s oldest grandson, Peter Phillips, has separated from his wife, Autumn.

sandy

TLLK

Reportedly it is Autumn who wishes to end the marriage and possibly wishes to return to her native Canada.  :(

QuoteThe couple share two daughters Savannah, nine, and Isla, seven, who are firm friends of Prince William and Duchess Kate?s children George and Charlotte. According to the report, Autumn?s announcement has taken Peter by surprise, and there is not thought to be any third party involved in the desire to separate.Autumn comes from Canada, and friends close to the couple are said to be concerned Prince Harry and Meghan Markle?s escape to the Commonwealth country has inspired a desire to do the same. The split is the latest in a string of difficult circumstances to trouble the Queen since the end of last year.

The Queen?s grandson Peter Phillips to split from wife Autumn Phillips ? report | HELLO!

The couple's last public appearance was at the Braemar Games with QEII, the PoW/DssoC.

Twitter

QuoteBack in August, The Queen, Charles & Camilla we?re joined by Peter & Autumn Phillips at the annual Braemar Gathering Highland games event in Scotland.

Trudie

All I can say is Wow no one saw this coming. I hope they can work things out they always seemed happy and no drama.

Princess Cassandra

Just devastating news. I like them both so much and there was no drama or anything to make me even THINK something was wrong. The girls are old enough to know what's going on and it's so sad for them, Anne, and the Queen. So sad she is getting so much bad news at her age.   :cry:

Trudie

I wonder if there will be an official announcement from Princess Anne or the palace.

wannable

I wonder if his tacky Chinese milk commercial was her final drop...the shame, economically dire or greedy, either way, the whispers must be horrible.

And the divorce expensive, she'd want for her children a Gatcombe Parks lifestyle.

TLLK

Quote from: Trudie on February 11, 2020, 01:02:07 AM
I wonder if there will be an official announcement from Princess Anne or the palace.
I wonder too because while they're members of the extended BRF, they're not members of the "Firm."

Curryong

Sad news about the Phillips' marriage split. However, nice of the Sun, who broke the original story, to insinuate that Meghan influenced Autumn to ask for a divorce and 'move back to Canada'. The tabloids just cannot resist dragging the Sussexes into every bit of bad Royal news connected with others!

The reason for this split could be myriad, drifting apart, financial troubles (Peter's business enterprises haven't been going so well) a long standing marital irritation, a thousand things. If Autumn does move back to Canada that will probably mean though that their two girls may be leading a trans Atlantic existence, and perhaps no more Sandringham and/or Balmoral visits every year.

It's another blow for the Queen and PP but the BRF is absolutely littered with marital conflict and divorces so they should be used to it.

Trudie

It is totally sad @Curryong and the media stirring the Meghan is a witch who has influence with Peter and Autumn who I doubt they spent much time with aside from trouping the colors to family events Christmas and Easter really is disturbing.

wannable

The friends of Autumn were ''speculating'', they fear she will have a go to Canada like Harry and Meghan.  IMO it's natural that her friends were worried yesterday, as she is Canadian.

Here's the full statement of Peter and Autumn today

?They had reached the conclusion that this was the best course of action for their two children and ongoing friendship.
?The decision to divorce and share custody came about after many months of discussions and, although sad, is an amicable one.
?The couple?s first priority will remain the continued well-being and upbringing of their wonderful daughters, Savannah and Isla.
?Both families were naturally sad at the announcement, but fully supportive of Peter and Autumn in the joint decision to co-parent their children.?
?Both Peter and Autumn have remained in Gloucestershire to bring up their two children where they have been settled for a number of years.?
The couple requested ?privacy and compassion? for their children while the family continues to adapt to the changes.

Curryong

There was no need for the tabloids to quote these unnamed friends in an attempt to drag the Sussexes into it at all. It's clear that neither Meghan nor Harry would have spoken to Autumn about this or influenced her, especially as it's now known that the RF have kept the info about the Phillips' separation under their hats for several months already.

It's like an automatic reaction with the tabs. Anything going awry, or difficult or any bad news like a separation and 'annus horribilis' has to be dragged up with PP's car accident, Andrew's revolting behaviour and of course Harry and Meghan have to be mentioned every time the Queen is 'upset'.

I dare say she was shocked and saddened when she first heard about the separation, which seems to have occurred after the Phillips' Balmoral holiday (another reason for the Sussexes to have stayed away from those sad developments.) However, it is now February 2020 and I dare say she has somewhat got over it. It's not as if divorce is completely unknown in the Queen's family. Far from it.

Princess Cassandra

^
It is so frustrating trying to figure out what is truth and what is not with the tabloids and other media. I know I sound like a broken record complaining about it, but you are so right. I figured out yesterday that the garbage about her moving back to Canada was not true, but I felt so bad about this all being thrust on the Queen and other members of the family so suddenly after everything else....now we find out it was old news and probably no surprise. There was even faux news that Peter was caught unawares and is devastated. And, no, there was no need for them to mention the Sussex move.

sandy

Was there another party involved in the breakup? Or irreconcilable differences?

Double post auto-merged: February 11, 2020, 01:21:20 PM

Quote from: Curryong on February 11, 2020, 04:15:13 AM
Sad news about the Phillips' marriage split. However, nice of the Sun, who broke the original story, to insinuate that Meghan influenced Autumn to ask for a divorce and 'move back to Canada'. The tabloids just cannot resist dragging the Sussexes into every bit of bad Royal news connected with others!

The reason for this split could be myriad, drifting apart, financial troubles (Peter's business enterprises haven't been going so well) a long standing marital irritation, a thousand things. If Autumn does move back to Canada that will probably mean though that their two girls may be leading a trans Atlantic existence, and perhaps no more Sandringham and/or Balmoral visits every year.

It's another blow for the Queen and PP but the BRF is absolutely littered with marital conflict and divorces so they should be used to it.
No wonder Harry left. Meghan is blamed for everything. Just disgraceful. IMO.

TLLK

Queen's grandson Peter Phillips and wife Autumn's sadness at marriage split - ITV News

Here is the statement from the Phillips.

The spokesperson said: ?They had reached the conclusion that this was the best course of action for their two children and ongoing friendship.

?The decision to divorce and share custody came about after many months of discussions and, although sad, is an amicable one.

?The couple?s first priority will remain the continued well-being and upbringing of their wonderful daughters, Savannah and Isla.

?Both families were naturally sad at the announcement, but fully supportive of Peter and Autumn in the joint decision to co-parent their children.?

?Both Peter and Autumn have remained in Gloucestershire to bring up their two children where they have been settled for a number of years.?

The couple requested ?privacy and compassion? for their children while the family continues to adapt to the changes.

wannable

During their 12 years of marriage, the couple have vacationed at Montreal, Canada.  They aren't working royals, hence no mass media 'demand'. 

It may be different now, as interesting (gossip) news since the first grandchild of the Queen is divorcing. Cue the paparazzi's to see if in 1 year's time the 'changes' in the statement, she will stay or go, half and half, her family lives in Montreal.

SophieChloe

Quote from: Curryong on February 11, 2020, 12:43:09 PM
There was no need for the tabloids to quote these unnamed friends in an attempt to drag the Sussexes into it at all. It's clear that neither Meghan nor Harry would have spoken to Autumn about this or influenced her, especially as it's now known that the RF have kept the info about the Phillips' separation under their hats for several months already.

It's like an automatic reaction with the tabs. Anything going awry, or difficult or any bad news like a separation and 'annus horribilis' has to be dragged up with PP's car accident, Andrew's revolting behaviour and of course Harry and Meghan have to be mentioned every time the Queen is 'upset'.

The cover blew off my BBQ last night - I'm sure it had something to do with Harry & Meghan... :Jen:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

sandy

It's odd because the accusations are contradictory. It was thought on some blogs that the Phillipses "didn't like" Meghan. So now Autumn listens to her?!

SophieChloe

Anything to blame Meghan.  Perhaps Autumn and Peter just didn't love each other any longer?  It happens. 

Double post auto-merged: February 11, 2020, 04:40:04 PM

[gmod]Hi Folks. I'll set this as a *sticky topic* as there are bound to be lots of articles in the next few weeks. Cheers SCx[/gmod]
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Trudie

:hmm: That explains their absence Christmas day and Meghan most likely hadn't seen them since June at Trooping the Color so much for her big influence.