The Duchess of Brabant Current Events and Discussion

Started by PrincessOfPeace, September 02, 2020, 11:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

A tour of Lincoln College Oxford, led by an undergraduate studying there. She stated that Lincoln had a very diverse number of students many from non EU or British backgrounds, Commonwealth I suspect. It certainly looks lovely, and cosy, especially the dining hall arrangements.

Lincoln College: A Tour - YouTube

Curryong

Elizabeth Duchess of Brabant at Oxford with pics, getting to know fellow students, exploring her surroundings and out in a punt on the Isis with friends. I like her style and am sure she?ll fit in beautifully.

La princesse Elisabeth fait sa rentr?e ? Oxford ce lundi (photos) - Le Soir

TLLK

Congratulations to Princess Elisabeth! She's among the first of the current group of young heirs to throne to start her university education.

Belgium?s Princess Elisabeth begins university education ? Royal Central

PrincessOfPeace

TudorQueen

TLLK

TLLK

Belgians wish to see Princess Elisabeth ascend to the throne in the next ten years.

A Queen for Belgium? New survey shows strong support for heir Elisabeth to take the throne young ? Royal Central

QuoteRecent polling in Belgium suggests that a majority of people believe that Princess Elisabeth should succeed her father in the next 10 years.

A survey commissioned by top Belgian media outlets?including HLN, VTM NEWS, RTL and Le Soir?polled people on their thoughts about the various members of the Belgian Royal Family, and 43% believe that the Duchess of Brabant should succeed King Philippe in the next 10 years.

Meanwhile, 32% believe that she should succeed sooner. If she does succeed in 10 years? time, she?ll be 31 years old at the time of her accession. Princess Elisabeth will be the first Belgian queen regnant in the country?s history.

The ?De Grote Poll ? Koningshuis? showed that respondents felt that her strongest point is that she comes across as natural. Sixty-five percent of people felt this way; and she scored higher than King Philippe, who scored 42% in this area.

After 10 years on the throne, the polling found that many people still find the Belgian king awkward despite thinking he?s doing a good job as monarch. His daughter?s scores were higher among the older population than her fellow young peopl

Curryong

It?s a little like the Swedes with Crown Princess Victoria a few years ago I think, when her father King CG was down in the polls. However, King Philippe may be a bit awkward but really has done nothing wrong. He and Queen Mathilde have been admirable really. It?s just a bit of coolness in some regions of the country.

The King is nowhere near retirement age and I really wouldn?t wish the full burden of monarchy to fall on a young person unless it?s unavoidable. In ten years Elizabeth may well be producing her first child or enjoying a very young family with her husband. It?s natural for people to wish for someone new and fresh but really I think it?s a knee jerk thing. Hopefully  there will be no abdication, King Albert?s was an aberration I think due to circumstances, and King Philippe has many years ahead of him as monarch.

TLLK

I agree that ten years seems a bit too soon for Elisabeth to begin her reign. She is still at university and should have the opportunity to have a life prior to her going on to her future role. IMHO the monarchy is in stable hands under Phillipe and Mathilde.

TLLK

The Duchess of Brabant is also taking part in summer exercises.

Login ? Instagram

TLLK

The Duchess of Brabant will swear her oath as an officer in the Belgian Military on September 26, 2023. Her parent and brother Prince Gabriel will also be present at the ceremony.

https://twitter.com/JelkaVanDuyse/status/1704379727908073660

TLLK

Here's the Duchess of Brabant swearing her oath as an officer. Her father King Phillipe and paternal grandfather King Albert, did the same when they were officer candidates.

Moment of history as Princess Elisabeth takes an important oath ? Royal Central

QuotePrincess Elisabeth took her oath as an officer on Tuesday evening, following in the footsteps of future Belgian monarchs before her.

The Belgian Royal Palace shared photographs of the future queen taking her oath as an officer in front of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Prince Emmanuel and Princess El?onore, swearing that: ?I swear allegiance to the King, obedience to the Constitution and the laws of the Belgian people!?

Princess Elisabeth joined her 95 classmates of the 160th Promotion of Social and Military Sciences and the officer students of the 175th Polytechnic Promotion the Royal Military Academy in swearing their oaths on Tuesday. She was the first to take the oath and did so in Dutch, French and German.