ROYAL JEWELS - PRESENT AND FUTURE ROYAL LADIES

Started by angieuk, January 30, 2007, 12:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angieuk

After seeking that huge ruby necklace Camilla was wearing I must admit it would have looked better hanging around the neck of an Egyptian Pharaoh it looked so grossly overdone and tacky.  No matter how many jewels she eventually inherits from the Queen they will look nothing on her no amount of jewellery will be able to hide the fact that she will be 60 in July and cannot escape that fact.  I neither like nor dislike her but you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!  Whoever William and Harry eventually marries will inherit a massive amount of Royal Jewels some of which has been stored away and never worn because it is not to the Queen's taste.  Interesting book to read was Suzy Menkes – Author The Royal Jewels.  It will be interesting to see if the next generation of Royal ladies brings a lot of unseen Royal Jewels back into the public eye, there are at least 30 tiaras in store the Queen has never worn as well as other jewellery from India and other items inherited from Queen Victoria, Queen Alexandra and also Queen Mary and the Queen Mother.  I am sure William and Harry's future brides will possible wear the jewellery equally among them with the Duchess of Cornwall, although it will be interesting to see what the Queen will do with her personal collection.
http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Jewels-Suzy-Menkes/dp/0809243156
Angie UK

anikas

I've read somehere that the Love Knot Tiara will be used by Will's future wife  :hmm: I don't know if it's true, but there alot of jewells hiden in those vaults that i love to see. I'm a jewelly fan :happyface:
Willite #0107 Cheese-ite #0015

SugarBaybee

I doubt the lovers knot tiara would be used for his wife. Its so closely connected to Diana and Williams wife will already be subjected to constant Diana comparisons that I doubt that she would be given Dianas tiara to wear. I hope the Queen pulls something we havent seen for a while out of the vaults for Williams wife to wear!

Nighthawk

I found a site for some of the crowns

Tiara's

I think the Greek Meander is really nice for the bride of William's or the Queen Alexandra's Kokoshink one.  Both are really nice.  I love My Diamonds and precious gems.  :Royal:

anikas

Thanks or the link Nighthawk  :flowers:

I also doubt that the Love Knot Tiara will be given to PW wife due to it's connection with Diana. Was just something i read and remembered now.

The Greek Meander is quite stunning, but in the site poste by Nighthawk says that now belonds to Princess Royal, so maybe wont be a choise  :shrug:
Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik is impressive, but if i'm not mistaken is often used by the Queen  :Royal:
King George III Fringe Tiara is also great! I wonder if now belongs to the Queen or Prince Charles, since it was owned by the Queen Mother  :hmm:

Nighthawk

Well that just sux....those would have been my choices but oh well.

anikas

I also would love to see the Greek Meander being used  :Royal: Who knows, maybe Anne doesn't mind to give it back to the Queen and then it can be given to Will's wife   ;) :rolleyes:

Nighthawk

Well if Princess Anne really liked William's bride maybe she would give it to her if she asked for it???? who knows

Kuei Fei

I believe that the Kokoshnik Fringe tiara is a pattern that many Russian Grandduchesses on their wedding days. As for Camilla, white gold doesn't look good on her and the rubies clash with the dark red of her dress. It was too much, but the white gold made things worse.

Lola

what if the girl has a "family tiara" like diana had? she wore the spencer tiara on her wedding day. or maybe they can give her a brand-new one created just for her? so many of those tiara are so "overwhelming" and i cant imagine a modern day princess pulling it off (meaning wear one) w/o some alteration to it.....something more simple would be nicer i think....
"I am as happy as a fat mouse in a cheese factory!"

Nighthawk

So the bride can wear her own tiara that's even better.

HMW

Lola

excusy but that is like the most butt-ugly necklace i have ever seen!  :scared:
"I am as happy as a fat mouse in a cheese factory!"

anikas

QuoteCan the Duchess of Cornwall really get away with dressing like Catherine Zeta Jones
:lmao: This one is priceless  :teehee:

Well, would be great if Will's future wife had a family tiara of her one! Some alterations also could be maide in one of the tiaras kept in the royal vaults, but i don't think that she'll be given a brand new tiara by the RF, maybe have one as a wedding gift from other country or so  :)

princessealiénor

I am fond of tiara, that's magnific :thumbsup:

Pri

I love the tiara that I have as my avatar...I think it's called the Fife Diamond tiara.  I love it--it's so beautiful!! If I ever found myself married into the BRF. Like, never--but I'd after it like whoa!!! 
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

Varya

Quote from: HMW on January 30, 2007, 07:18:33 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/portal/main.jhtml?xml=/portal/2007/01/30/ftcamilla30.xml

:eyes: Ew... nothing and I mean NOTHING should bring further attention to her chest area... I'm sorry but while the necklace is pretty it just is to big and points right to her chest...  :scared:
SO I DID HAVE SIGNATURE UP HERE... but evidently it would probably have been removed so I removed it first. But bummer about the possible censorship!
Almost everything is speculation mixed with opinions... get over it!
Diana-ite #3 Chelsy-ite #8
NON[/colo

anikas

That tiara is really beautiful Pri  :Royal: Very regal  :windsor1:

Windsor

Quote from: Pri on January 30, 2007, 11:06:30 PM
I love the tiara that I have as my avatar...I think it's called the Fife Diamond tiara.  I love it--it's so beautiful!! If I ever found myself married into the BRF. Like, never--but I'd after it like whoa!!! 

You might like this picture then. PICTURE

Pri

ooooooooooooooooohh! :wub2:

Windsor, that's gorgeous!!! I love that picture!  :thumbsup:
Thanks

Do you know who owns it, has it, has worn it? Anything about it?  Actually, I'll go look it up now!
"I didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I knew the woman I wanted to become." DvF

Tami

Quote from: Lola on January 30, 2007, 07:22:09 PM
excusy but that is like the most butt-ugly necklace i have ever seen!  :scared:

:laugh:  :thumbsup:

heather

Quote from: Varya on January 31, 2007, 02:10:45 AM
:eyes: Ew... nothing and I mean NOTHING should bring further attention to her chest area... I'm sorry but while the necklace is pretty it just is to big and points right to her chest...  :scared:

I very much think that was the idea!     yikes

anikas

What a great pic Windsor :Royal: Thanks alot! The tiara is really gorgeous!!!

I found this pics, from the wedding of King George V and Queen Mary (6th July 1893), where you can see HRH Princess Royal, Duchess of Fife née Princess Louise of Wales wearing the Fife diamond tiara :)

http://lafayette.150m.com/dream/00418_fife.jpg
http://lafayette.150m.com/dream/00418_fifeduchess.jpg

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

GraceK