Former King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia News and Discussion

Started by TLLK, May 27, 2019, 07:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightowl

That so called *man* needs to disappear completely and stay out of sight for the rest of his life......no words to describle what a horrible man he is.... :censored2:

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on December 06, 2021, 10:22:24 PM
My goodness, the complications that have come to both parties in this due to both not contemplating the consequences of an adulterous affair. Thank heavens Felipe doesn?t behave as his father did throughout his married life. It?s appalling really.
:goodpost: This has to sum up Felipe's feelings on some days when he muses about his father, second sister and brother-in-law.  :ugh: So frustrating to see those that you love making the most idiotic decisions over money and/or libido.  <_< Juan Carlos' legacy is so badly tarnished by his actions.  IMHO Felipe is fiercely determined to be the best husband, father,  and  monarch that he can possibly be.

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/13/world/europe/switzerland-money-laundering-case-juan-carlos.html

QuoteSwiss Prosecutors Drop Money-Laundering Case Against Juan Carlos

A criminal inquiry into allegations that Spain?s former king laundered illegal commission payments from Saudi Arabia related to a high-speed rail deal was closed because of insufficient evidence. GENEVA ? Geneva?s chief prosecutor said Monday that a criminal investigation into allegations that Spain?s former king, Juan Carlos, laundered illegal commission payments from Saudi Arabia related to a high-speed rail deal has been closed because of insufficient evidence.

But a Swiss private bank, Mirabeau, which was involved in the three-year investigation, was fined over a reporting failure related to the case.

The prosecutor, Yves Bertossa, said he had established that Saudi Arabia had paid $100 million in August 2008 into an account opened a month earlier at Mirabaud in the name of a Panamanian foundation whose beneficial owner was Juan Carlos.

But Mr. Bertossa said in a statement that he had been unable to prove a clear link to a contract awarded three years later to Spanish companies for a high-speed rail connection in Saudi Arabia.The Spanish royal household declined to comment. Juan Carlos, who is living in exile in the United Arab Emirates, could not be immediately reached for comment.

Through his lawyer, Juan Carlos has previously declined to comment on the various accusations of wrongdoing against him.

Mr. Bertossa said he had opened the criminal investigation in 2018, after news reports that the former king, who abdicated in 2014, may have received ?illegal commissions? linked to the contracts and placed the funds in Swiss accounts.

TLLK

Queen Sofia has traveled to Greece to see her brother former King Constantine who remains hospitalized in Athens. Spanish media is also reporting that King JC might join his wife in Greece if Constantine's health declines.

La Reina Sof?a viaja a Grecia tras el ingreso de su hermano Constantino en el hospital

Blue Clover

It's amazing how Queen Sofia may end her life with King Juan Carlo by her side despite years of estrangement.

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

February 7, Queen Sofia attended a concert for the benefit of the annual scholarships for further studies abroad by Juventudes Musicales de Madrid. Princess Irene accompanied her:

Inicio - Actividades y Agenda - Concierto extraordinario a Beneficio de las Becas anuales de ampliaci?n de estudios en el extranjero de Juventudes

PrincessOfPeace

On February 14, 2022, Former Queen Sofia of Spain visited the food bank Bancosol at Trevenez industrial estate in Malaga. Queen Sofia, who has been working with Bancosol since 2012 through her charitable foundation, toured the facilities to receive more information on how the organization works.

Queen Sof?a visited the food bank Bancosol in Malaga

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

An update on the future plans for King Juan Carlos who plans to continue to reside in Abu Dhabi but will visit Spain frequently. IMO this is the best solution as it will keep him away from Spain most of the time, but permit him to make visits from time to time.

King Juan Carlos announces future plans ? Royal Central

QuoteKing Juan Carlos has announced his plans for returning to Spain in a letter sent to his son, King Felipe, that Casa Real has made public.

The former monarch plans to reside permanently in Abu Dhabi, but he will return to Spain ?frequently.? However, he will not stay in Zarzuela Palace when he does return to the country he led for decades.

Juan Carlos requested that Felipe, who he said he is immensely proud of, release his letter to the public for all Spaniards to read. He thanked Abu Dhabi and its people for their ?wonderful hospitality.?

In his letter, Juan Carlos addresses the investigation into his finances by the State Attorney General and the issues it caused. Now that he will not be charged, the King wants to return to Spain but ?not immediately.?

?I prefer, at this time, for reasons that belong to my private sphere and that only affect me, to continue residing permanently and stable in Abu Dhabi, where I have found peace of mind, especially for this period of my life. Although, naturally, I will frequently return to Spain, which I always carry in my heart, to visit family and friends,? he wrote.King Juan Carlos expressed his desire to ?end this stage of my life from the serenity and perspective that time has elapsed,? referring to his retirement from public life in 2019.

The King does not plan to return to public life.

His Majesty does not plan to live in the royal palaces when he returns to Spain. ?In this sense, both during my visits and if I were to reside in Spain again in the future, it is my purpose to organise my personal life and my place of residence in areas of a private nature in order to continue enjoying the greatest possible privacy,? he said.

He went on to admit that he recognises the importance of public opinion toward him due to actions in his private life, which the King said he regrets. King Juan Carlos did say, though, that he felt ?legitimate pride in my contribution to democratic coexistence and freedom in Spain, the result of the collective effort and sacrifice of all Spanish people.?

Casa Real has said that King Felipe understands the desires of his father.

Curryong

It?s for the best really, I agree. I think Juan Carlos really wished to live fulltime back in Spain again, but it was made clear to him that wasn?t going to happen. Therefore he accepted the inevitable and the solution proposed. IMO he is a very lucky man that he will not face prosecution for corrupt financial dealings.

TLLK

@Curryong - I genuinely hope that JC realizes how fortunate he is that there won't be a prosecution.

PrincessOfPeace

wannable

Aritz Parra
@aritzparra

3h
A British court ruled Thursday that royal immunity laws do not protect Spain?s former king, Juan Carlos I, in a lawsuit for alleged harassment filed by his ex-lover

PrincessOfPeace

Queen Sofia presided at the Royal Guard's "El Rey" Barracks for the solemn swearing-in of the flag for civilian personnel:

Inicio - Actividades y Agenda - Acto de Jura de Bandera de personal civil en la Guardia Real

PrincessOfPeace

Her Majesty Queen Sofia, Honorary President of Hispania Nostra, will preside over the award ceremony for these awards, which are granted to recognize and promote best practices related to Cultural and Natural Heritage.

Inicio - Actividades y Agenda - Entrega de los Premios Europeos del Patrimonio ?Premios Europa Nostra? y de los ?Premios Hispania Nostra? a las buenas

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace