Birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones for the extended family

Started by princessrose, March 28, 2004, 04:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Thanks, TLLK. Must be another diamond bandeau then. Heaven knows how many Queen Mary possessed.

The Duchess?s dress is beautiful but I can understand why she would have had reservations wearing it. Walking along with that billowing skirt would be quite difficult I would think.

TudorQueen

Mary seems to have owned at least four bandeau tiaras, three of which remained in the main line: Meghan's wedding, the lozenge which Margaret wore at times, and the emerald one.

The suggestion seems to be that the one that Katherine wore on her wedding day was dismantled to make the Kent pearl fringe tiara.

The Kent Pearl Fringe Tiara

60 years is a wonderful milestone for any marriage. Like many couples, they faced hurdles over the years, but they have remained together and seem strong.

LouisFerdinand

I like the fact that Queen Elizabeth II wore a hat with white York roses when she attended the Royal Wedding.

Princess Cassandra

Congratulations to them both.  Sixty years is a long time and not many couples get to celebrate a diamond anniversary!         

Amabel2

Curryong

No, the Kents were estranged for decades. Katherine Kent was a music teacher at a school in Hulll for years, had a flat and lived a separate life after getting over her depression after losing two babies.

The Duke reportedly consulted the Queen about the possibility of divorce at some point in those years (I read the Duke quietly had a lady friend he was quite fond of) but the Queen counselled waiting, in her usual fashion, and so nothing happened. As the Duchess had converted to Roman Catholicism (followed by several of her children, in laws and descendants) I doubt that would have gone ahead anyway.

And that was decades ago. Kate Kent apparently only moved back into the couple?s KP home after the Duke had a heart attack when he was over eighty.

So, while it?s great that the Kents have reached this milestone it hasn?t been without its travails.

TLLK

LouisFerdinand

Happy Wedding Anniversary to The Duke abd Duchess of Kent!   
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

:happyusa: :   : :happyuk:  Happy Birthday to  Prince Michael who counts the late POTUS Franklin Delano Roosevelt as one of his Godfathers.

LouisFerdinand

Happy Wedding Anniversary to Lady Sarah and Daniel Chatto!   

:lovestars: :lovestars: :lovestars: :lovestars: :lovestars: :lovestars:

LouisFerdinand

The Wedding of Lady Davina Windsor and Gary Lewis at the Chapel Royal at Kensington Palace
British royal marries NZealand builder - YouTube

LouisFerdinand

PrincessOfPeace

TLLK

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

Flora Ogilvy, granddaughter of Princess Alexandra, with her husband Timothy Vesterberg, leave St James's Church in Piccadilly, central London, following their wedding ceremony.

https://twitter.com/PAImages/status/1436312704873082901?s=20

Flora Ogilvy Timothy Vesterberg Wedding London Pictures and Photos - Getty Images

TudorQueen

Queen Elizabeth's Cousin Flora Ogilvy & Timothy Vesterberg Royal Wedding Photos

I am glad after the low key wedding they had to have due to covid last year, they got to have a full celebration today  :flower3:

Her maid of honor was Lady Marina Windsor who is the granddaughter of her Uncle Prince Edward, Duke of Kent.

The flower girls were Maude and Isabella Windsor, the granddaughters of her uncle Prince Michael (Freddie's kids), as well as Victoria Litchfield.

Flora wore the Oglivy tiara

The Ogilvy Tiara

Philippa Lepley was the designer of her gown.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTpTnlzMtd2/

Among the guests seems to have been Princess Sophie of Windisch-Graetz and her son. Sophie and her husband are close to the Kent family, her husband Mariano is godfather to Flora's cousin Gabriella.

LouisFerdinand

@PrincessOfPeace, Thank you for the splendid wedding pictures. It is nice that Flora wore an heirloom tiara.

TLLK

Amabel2

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on September 10, 2021, 01:06:58 PM
Flora Ogilvy, granddaughter of Princess Alexandra, with her husband Timothy Vesterberg, leave St James's Church in Piccadilly, central London, following their wedding ceremony.

https://twitter.com/PAImages/status/1436312704873082901?s=20

Flora Ogilvy Timothy Vesterberg Wedding London Pictures and Photos - Getty Images

Its not a wedding, its a blessing of their marriage.

PrincessOfPeace

Happy 12th wedding anniversary to Lord & Lady Frederick Windsor.

PrincessOfPeace