Disowned gay prince now wants to adopt

Started by Jenee, August 30, 2006, 11:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenee

Advocate

QuotePrince Manvendra Singh Gohil, who was publicly disowned by his family after coming out, has decided to adopt a child. Prince Manvendra, 40, is said to be the first member of any royal family in India to publicly reveal that he is gay. He has since been stripped of his affluent title and all his inheritance.

"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

M

No comment.  -_-

I'll just get in trouble if I say that he should have kept it to himself.  :ninja:
:kisskiss:

polo_pony

Well, I don't think you should have to hold back your opinions M, you are entitled to them!   :happy:

I, on the other hand, think he did the right thing! :ninja:
we're from the city

M

polo_pony

Take it back.  Full fledged craziness can only result in that!   :teehee:

But I like reeading everyone's opinions, it's good for some contrast now and then.   :shrug: 

I think it's nice he is adopting, good for him.  :)
we're from the city

cookie_monster

Quote from: M on August 31, 2006, 12:26:47 AM
No comment. -_-

I'll just get in trouble if I say that he should have kept it to himself. :ninja:

Keep what to himself?

You won't get in trouble M, I'd love to hear what you have to say! :nod:
~Willite, Harryite, Peterite, Elizabeth II-ite, Maryite~

M

I just don't think the world needs to know what anyone likes doing with their private parts.   -_-

I think stuff like that should be, well, private.   :shrug:

If he'd kept it too himself, he wouldn't have been disowned.

He has the right to choose his own lifestyle, to be sure, but he has no right to demand that other people accept it.  -_-

cookie_monster

So you're saying he should have kept the fact that he's gay private?

M

Yes.  -_-

Why does everybody need to know something like that?   :shrug:

I don't want to hear what anybody else likes doing with their private parts.  i don't need to know.  it's none of my business, and when people insist on screaming it from the rooftops, it means parents have to explain things to little kids, etc.

Just keep it private.   -_-

polo_pony

He said what he was doing with his..err..privates?  :unsure:

we're from the city

Stix Chix

bcuz u never see heterosexuals being "obvious" about their sexuality anywhere ever.  so there is no need to xplain that to children either.  :rolleyes:

Harryite #0004

polo_pony

Oh,you're right , but  my mum explained it to me..
we're from the city

cookie_monster

Quote from: M on August 31, 2006, 01:31:50 AM
Yes. -_-

Why does everybody need to know something like that? :shrug:

I don't want to hear what anybody else likes doing with their private parts. i don't need to know. it's none of my business, and when people insist on screaming it from the rooftops, it means parents have to explain things to little kids, etc.

Just keep it private. -_-

But you rather him keep it secret and live with that for the rest of his life. That would be a sad situation. I don't think he intended to hurt anyone by doing it, but why leave people guessing. Or should he just go through life hiding it, although that would be called living on the downlow and what if he even went so far as to marry a woman and have a family. Now I know you know that is wrong and so do I but why should he have keep that bottled up. He's not killing anyone, he's not stealing, but he would be lying and that my friend is a sin as is homosexuality. Everyone sins but just because someone is more obvious does not make it worse.  :)

polo_pony

I am going to agree with ~H4W~ on this one, it isn't fair that everyone else is allowed to live their life, but he has to hide his feelings? I can't beleive his family disowned them, thats a terrible punishment for someone is being themselves, we shouldn't discriminate against those who are themselves.
we're from the city

M

Quote from: Stix Chix on August 31, 2006, 01:36:50 AM
bcuz u never see heterosexuals being "obvious" about their sexuality anywhere ever.  so there is no need to xplain that to children either.  :rolleyes:

You are comparing natural acts with unnatural acts.  I don't want children to hear about unnatural acts between men and women, either.

Look at any gay parade and look at the way people in the parades dress and act.  Why should anyone have to explain freaky behavior like that to kids?  They often include gay men dressing as nuns and mocking the Catholic faith.  It's all about decadence, and that is not a good message to send about any community.

I'm also opposed to Spring break decadence and explicit commercials about girls gone wild, too, so I'm not just picking on "the gays".

I also don't think heterosexual affection necessitates a frank discussion about sex and sexuality, whereas homosexuality sort of does.

It's all very complicated to explain to children and it's not something people should have to explain until kids are at puberty, and the explanations should be done b parents when their kids are ready, not forced by agenda driven people pushing their lifestyle into other people's faces, including young children and forcing parents to have to answer questions about stuff like that when kids are too little and can get confused.

Nobody needs to know who is having sex with who.  It should be private.

Sex should be within the context of monogamous, heterosexual marriage anyway.

But those are my opinions and I know you disagree, which is your right.

There's no point in arguing, really, as we've been down this road before.   :pardon:

M

Quote from: polo_pony on August 31, 2006, 01:48:33 AM
I am going to agree with ~H4W~ on this one, it isn't fair that everyone else is allowed to live their life, but he has to hide his feelings? I can't beleive his family disowned them, thats a terrible punishment for someone is being themselves, we shouldn't discriminate against those who are themselves.

He is allowed to have his feelings and he can tell everyone and their dog about them, but he can't demand that anyone, including his family approve of his lifestyle choices.   :shrug:

cookie_monster

Quote from: M on August 31, 2006, 01:53:30 AM
You are comparing natural acts with unnatural acts.  I don't want children to hear about unnatural acts between men and women, either.

Look at any gay parade and look at the way people in the parades dress and act.  Why should anyone have to explain freaky behavior like that to kids?  They often include gay men dressing as nuns and mocking the Catholic faith.  It's all about decadence, and that is not a good message to send about any community.

No my friend it's called rebellion which is normal for any human being...people rebel to get revenge, they do it to prove a point, etc. They're only doing this to offend people.

cookie_monster

People create website like godhatesf*gs and what do you call that...rebellion against gays to prove a point.

M

Quote from: ~H4W~ on August 31, 2006, 01:57:06 AMThey're only doing this to offend people.

If they want ot offend people, they are succeeding marvelously, but they are cutting off their own noses to spite their own faces by doing so, because that stuff doesn't play well to most of America.   -_-

M

Quote from: ~H4W~ on August 31, 2006, 01:58:53 AM
People create website like godhatesf*gs and what do you call that...rebellion against gays to prove a point.

There is bad behavior on both sides, but bad behavior doesn't justify more bad behavior.  :shrug:

cookie_monster

Quote from: M on August 31, 2006, 01:55:10 AM
He is allowed to have his feelings and he can tell everyone and their dog about them, but he can't demand that anyone, including his family approve of his lifestyle choices. :shrug:

Keyword...family. Not the government, not random people walking down the street family. The people that loved him because they had their own plans for what his life would be. Most people don't expect their children to be born gay (and yes they are born gay, it's not a brain thing). Is there anything wrong about trying to find the love that was given to him from birth. :no:

cookie_monster

Quote from: M on August 31, 2006, 02:00:22 AM
If they want ot offend people, they are succeeding marvelously, but they are cutting off their own noses to spite their own faces by doing so, because that stuff doesn't play well to most of America. -_-

just go ahead and say Christian America  :neenerneener:

M

Homosexual behavior is contrary to Judaism and Islam, as well.  :rolleyes:

I doubt the prince in question was a Christian.  -_-

cookie_monster

oh well then you were right :neenerneener:

M