Sussex family birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones

Started by wannable, August 04, 2019, 02:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sara8150

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 09, 2023, 01:12:23 PM
Still hopping we get a picture of Princess Lili christening

I don?t think so we will not release the pictures without permission from Harry and Meghan not back to what happened to release pictures of Archie and Meghan against UK taboilds and Meghan won case kept private

TLLK

Please continue the discussion of Princess Lilibet's christening in this thread.

I've created a new thread to discuss the titles for Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet of Sussex. It can be found in the Prince Archie forum. Please continue all discussion of the recent change in that thread. Thank you.

The new royal titles for Archie and Lilibet 2023

Princess Cassandra

It's good that she has been baptised at last.

Amabel2

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on March 10, 2023, 04:09:10 AM
It's good that she has been baptised at last.
Obviously it wasn't a priority. THey coudl have had her baptised any time since she was born.  All it takes is a cleric and godparents.

Yale

TLLK

@Yale-Here's the thread for the Sussex children's titles if that's the one you are referring to in you post. Let me know if you are able to join in. It's in the sub forum for the Sussex family-Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet of Sussex

The new royal titles for Archie and Lilibet 2023

Nightowl

As Harry and Meghan said about the way they titled their children.....*It is their birthright* so maybe Harry can finally accept that he was born 2nd and William was first as it is his birthright to be the heir and king someday......Now will Harry/Meghan walk back on what they said .....time will tell!   Jealousy does not become anyone!

wannable

It's not the children's fault that their parents are wacko.  They will be reading and hearing from school friends though about their parents shenanigans. 

On another note, I'm glad 2 Spencer relatives travelled to Montecito.

"Marie Claire has reported that Lady Jane Fellowes and Lady Sarah McCorquodale, the older sisters of the late Princess Diana, were among the guests at the christening."

Amabel2

Generally royal children are christened somewhere around 3 to 6 months.  Eugenie was nearly 9 months because of her father being in the Navy..  Lili is walking for goodness sake. If they waited much longer she'd be at school

Curryong

And I?m also very glad to read that Harry?s aunts Jane and Sarah went to Lili?s christening to support their nephew and his little daughter. Good for them!

TLLK

This thread is for discussion of Sussex Family birthdays,  anniversaries and milestones such as christenings.  Discussion of the children's titles belongs in that thread. Further off topic discussion of titles will be deleted

Curryong

I can?t get into the Archie and Lili titles thread. It says it?s off limits and directs me back.

wannable

^ The thread disappeared all together.

Perhaps Admin should open a 'child boards' for the Sussexes. The only way to actually see it and post is login in. Guests wouldn't be able to view it, which was the purpose of it when the RIF was created. Children, only members.  BUT lately, the Waleses child board is viewable by Guests.

TLLK

@wannable @Curryong @Yale -I've reopened the thread now. Are you still having issues accessing the Sussex children's title thread where you are required to log in? Please let me know. Thanks[/b][/b].

wannable

PrincessOfPeace

I can see a thread for Sussex general news but nothing specific about their children.

TLLK

@PrincessOfPeace-So you can't see the forum for Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet and  the threads that are in that forum?

Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet of Sussex

PrincessOfPeace

I clicked the link you provided and said error occurred. Otherwise I can't see it in the threads.

Amabel2

TLLK

Thank you everyone for your replies. Okay. Let me try moving the thread to the main Sussex forum.

I've moved the Sussex children's title  thread to the main Sussex forum. Please let me know if you can access it.

changemhysoul

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 18, 2023, 01:12:59 AM
Los Angeles bishop baptizes Princess Lilibet, daughter of Prince Harry and Meghan ? Episcopal News Service

Bishop Curry had been slated to oversee the christening but came down with COVID and asked Bishop Taylor to oversee it.

Oh that?s interesting, thanks for posting this news. I did wonder at the time why Bishop Curry hadn?t been asked to preside as he played such a prominent role at the Sussex wedding. Sorry he had Covid but Bishop Taylor was a great substitute I?m sure. And I?m glad that it was a very nice occasion.

TLLK

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 18, 2023, 01:12:59 AM
Los Angeles bishop baptizes Princess Lilibet, daughter of Prince Harry and Meghan ? Episcopal News Service

Bishop Curry had been slated to oversee the christening but came down with COVID and asked Bishop Taylor to oversee it.

Yes I'd read that he'd been requested to bestow this sacrament, but understandably had to excuse himself. Fortunately Bishop Taylor was available to come to Montecito that day. Now apparently christenings do not traditionally occur during Lent, but the diocese seems to have been happy to make this exception.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on March 18, 2023, 01:40:03 AM
Oh that?s interesting, thanks for posting this news. I did wonder at the time why Bishop Curry hadn?t been asked to preside as he played such a prominent role at the Sussex wedding. Sorry he had Covid but Bishop Taylor was a great substitute I?m sure. And I?m glad that it was a very nice occasion.

I thought the same about Bishop Curry. It said this was his second bout as well. It's good he had someone he trusted enough to take over for him.