Team Sussex: Archewell Foundation, Invictus, and charities, news, and activities

Started by Blue Clover, May 24, 2023, 11:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Meghan Markle steps out for a fancy lunch date with friends at Cipriani restaurant in Beverly Hills - after her surprise virtual appearance at London charity event -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13115477/Meghan-Markle-lunch-friends-Cipriani-Beverly-Hills.html

Curryong

Glad that Meghan is maintaining a connection with and supporting Mayhew, even digitally.

Also glad to see Royal Insight is up and running again, wondered what had happened! Don't like this font though. It's foul!

Blue Clover

Quote from: Curryong on February 23, 2024, 12:40:11 AMGlad that Meghan is maintaining a connection with and supporting Mayhew, even digitally.

Also glad to see Royal Insight is up and running again, wondered what had happened! Don't like this font though. It's foul!

We are doing our best to address technical issues as they arise at RIF. We should all be grateful the website was recovered and restored after this last episode of technical difficulties. A technician was paid for at my expense to get us up and running. More work is needed to return to our normal layout. Please be polite and respectful!

Nightowl

Thank you Blue Clover for getting the site back up and paying for it, I am sure most here really appreicate that as I do.

And I am standing by my comment that was red marked, whatever. It was all facts yet I get people, opinions and the Sussex's are a dynamic topic that not all agree with yet not everyone is the same as someone else.

Blue Clover

Quote from: Nightowl on February 23, 2024, 05:14:57 PMThank you Blue Clover for getting the site back up and paying for it, I am sure most here really appreicate that as I do.

And I am standing by my comment that was red marked, whatever. It was all facts, yet I get people, opinions, and the Sussex's are a dynamic topic that not all agree with, yet not everyone is the same as someone else.

Nightowl, I appreciate your kind words about the forum! Gratitude from our members makes this job worthwhile.
All I ask is for members to respond to each other politely and respectfully. Whenever I think someone is impolite, I remind them to be polite in their posting at RIF by commenting on their post.

PrincessOfPeace

Prince Harry has paid tribute to Britain's inspirational seriously-ill children as he issues new video asking for nominations for 2024's WellChild Awards:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13135913/prince-harry-tribute-britain-ill-children-wellchild-awards.html

Curryong

Missed this which occurred a couple of days ago, before the latest Kate news. Harry and Meghan attended an art exhibition together, which pleased the gallery.

https://www.tatler.com/article/meghan-markle-prince-harry-support-art-exhibition

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were relaxed as they attended a viewing of an African American art collection this week - in a surprise outing by the couple.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex appeared in good spirits as they joined attendees at The Kinsey African American Art & History Collection exhibition in Sofi Stadium in California last night.

Some of those attending the event went on to share photographs from the evening, with one sharing a snap of Meghan and Harry seemingly giving speeches to those attending. Shaun Robinson posted the photograph on her Instagram page, writing, 'Thankyou the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and the Archewell Foundation for supporting the Kinsey Collection.'

Curryong

https://honey.nine.com.au/royals/meghan-markle-news-childrens-hospital-los-angeles-visit/5188daa6-2ff5-47c8-92f4-9e5b378216c3

Meghan visited the Children's Hospital in LA, spending time with patients and staff and reading to a group of lucky children.

Meghan, 42, read Rosie the Riveter, Pete the Cat and I Saw a Cat to the children for Literally Healing story time, part of the hospital's month-long campaign Make March Matter.

The children were thrilled by the visit by the royal, who posed for photos with some of the patients receiving treatment at the hospital.

PrincessOfPeace

Apparently each child was given a signed Polaroid picture of Meghan

Curryong

The polo crowd in the US and the UK really seem to like these sort of relaxing occasions. And who wouldn't mind a glass of bubbly, a bit of finger food in the marquees, especially out in the sun. Not that that sort of weather is guaranteed in England!

PrincessOfPeace

Meghan Markle unveils first product from new lifestyle collection American Riviera Orchard with 50 influencers sent her strawberry jam - including fashion designer Tracy Robbins and Argentine socialite Delfina Balquier

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13313341/Meghan-Markle-American-Riviera-Orchard-product-jam-Prince-Harry.html

PrincessOfPeace

'It's crucial that we strive to do better': Prince Harry makes surprise video appearance from his Montecito home as he tells annual meeting of Travalyst eco firm that, 'travel and tourism relies on destinations'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13319153/Prince-Harry-general-meeting-Travalyst-travel-tourism.html

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on April 26, 2024, 07:12:31 AMDaily Mail: Clean-cut Prince Harry dons his medals for video from the back door of his Montecito mansion to present a soldier of the year award to US combat medic

The award ceremony was hosted by the Military Times - an independent news website who honour one outstanding military member for each branch of service, based on service that goes beyond the call of duty.

Thanking SFC Marks for her service, he continued: 'Ellie - you embody the Invictus spirit through your selfless service. You know that sport doesn't just save lives, it transforms them for the better.

'And in finding your own cure, you've helped countless brothers and sisters in staying alive.

'Your unwavering commitment serves as a beacon of inspiration, offering hope and setting a powerful example for others to follow.

'I am honoured to call you my friend and can't thank you enough for being you - and for Mason, your husband, for being so supportive of you.'