King Felipe and Queen Letizia\'s visit to the UN in New York

Started by Jennifer, September 21, 2016, 05:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

I like how King Felipe expressed the importance of ending the conflicts in troubled countries and bringing peace to the world.  It shows how diplomatic he is and proves that he is suitable to be a King! 

QuoteFelipe VI: Spain to Be Generous with Refugees, but Urges Conflicts Be Ended

Spain's King Felipe VI said on Tuesday at the world leaders' summit on refugees that Spain "will continue providing proof of solidarity and generosity" in the coming years, but all "palliative measures" will be "insufficient" if conflicts and terrorist acts that cause refugee flows are not ended.

"It becomes imperative to put an end to conflicts that are devastating many countries in Africa and the Middle East ... (and) we must fight with determination the scourge of terrorism that spurs forced displacements across wide zones" of both regions and also in Asia, Felipe said.

This was the central message the Spanish monarch delivered to the other heads of state and government participating in a summit convened at the urging of U.S. President Barack Obama with the aim of gathering significant commitments to deal with the United Nations' humanitarian needs created by the worst refugee crisis since World War II.

Read more:
Latin American Herald Tribune - Felipe VI: Spain to Be Generous with Refugees, but Urges Conflicts Be Ended

Double post auto-merged: September 21, 2016, 05:50:49 PM

QuoteSpanish King Felipe addresses United Nations General Assembly

The King of Spain, Felipe VI, on Tuesday appealed for dialogue and a "sense of duty" to overcome "complicated periods" in Spanish society, where disputes should be resolved with respect for the given rules, during his speech at the General Assembly of United Nations in New York.

During the monarch's second attendance at the General Assembly of the UN as Spain's Head of State, he dedicated a short but significant part of his address to Spain's current political and economic situation and urged to strengthen the country's recovery and "to protect and improve the welfare state", with a special attention to those that have suffered and "are still affected" from the recession.

Read more:
Spanish King Felipe addresses United Nations General Assembly | Fox News Latino

Double post auto-merged: September 21, 2016, 06:13:42 PM

As Special Ambassador for nutrition at the UN, I think Queen Letizia has done a great job bringing awareness to people about this subject. In general, it is important for everyone to eat healthy so they have good physical and mental health.

I read the comments on the DailyMail article and was appalled by them. People kept saying that she is too skinny and needs nourishment. Queen Letizia has always been thin and there is nothing unusual about it. I was always thin too. Some people tried to make it into a issue and told me the same criticisms. I use take the criticism personally, but I learned to just ignore them because these people just like to put others down. Regardless of how much good news is reported, some people are determined to find negative things to say. It is just sad how people enjoy putting each other down.

QuoteQueen Letizia discusses Nutrition in New York

Queen Letizia brought some glamour to the Big Apple on Wednesday as she paid a visit to the United Nations headquarters in Manhattan, New York.

The mother-of-two looked business-like in a crisp white Hugo Boss top and matching pencil skirt, which highlighted her trim figure.

The 44-year-old, who is the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations' special ambassador for nutrition, participated in a boardroom discussion with the Director General of the FAO.
Queen Letizia looked glamorous in a figure-hugging white gown as she joined Director General of Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Brazilian Jose Graziano da Silva in New York on Wednesday
+9

Queen Letizia looked glamorous in a figure-hugging white gown as she joined Director General of Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Brazilian Jose Graziano da Silva in New York on Wednesday.

Read more: Queen Letizia displays her svelte frame in a fitted dress as she heads up a boardroom discussion about the importance of good nutrition in New York  |

"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston