Diana and religion

Started by oak_and_cedar, March 07, 2019, 01:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

In 1993 rumours were rife that Diana was about to convert to Roman Catholicism. The Fail published an article as did others. However, the origin of the rumour was a joke at a dinner party.

Is the Princess of Wales about to become a Roman Catholic?: Rumours of possible conversion have been growing, despite the revelation that a dinner

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on March 10, 2019, 03:26:49 AM
In 1993 rumours were rife that Diana was about to convert to Roman Catholicism. The Fail published an article as did others. However, the origin of the rumour was a joke at a dinner party.

Is the Princess of Wales about to become a Roman Catholic?: Rumours of possible conversion have been growing, despite the revelation that a dinner
I coud not get inot that link, hwoerever there were certainly rumours going around in the 90s, and there were sightings of Diana going to Catolic churches.  She also is reputed to have thought of getting a Catholic priest to marry her and Has Khan..

TLLK

Interesting as this was around the time that Frances Shand-Kydd had become a Roman Catholic.

2004: Mother of Princess Diana ? A Convert to the Catholic Faith | History.info

amabel

Quote from: TLLK on May 23, 2019, 12:20:27 AM
Interesting as this was around the time that Frances Shand-Kydd had become a Roman Catholic.

2004: Mother of Princess Diana ? A Convert to the Catholic Faith | History.info
True Frances became RC but Im not sure if that would have influenced Diana given that her relationship with her mother was so volatile.  Though I suppose it might have sparked her interest. I think she was more likely influenced by the Duchess of Kent who had turned Catholic and whom she admired

LouisFerdinand

In 1985 Princess Diana visited the Vatican to meet Pope John Paul II.   
Princess Diana meets the Pope - YouTube