Main Menu

Recent posts

Spain / Re: Spain-Birthdays and other ...
Last post by TLLK - May 20, 2024, 03:38:37 AM
Quote from: LouisFerdinand on May 18, 2024, 09:45:14 PM
Excellent pictures. I did not see any flowers as I expected although these pictures were taken in the gardens.

Gorgeous photos of the Spanish royals!
Quote from: Blue Clover on May 19, 2024, 10:31:35 PMIt seems like an odd idea to go on global visits without being under the protection of an institution. The hosts would have been vetted and checked first, but they are doing this on their own.
I am concerned that this individual was not vetted by the  Sussexes and their staff earlier.
Quote from: LouisFerdinand on May 19, 2024, 10:00:11 PM
The Honourable Mungo Hay has an interesting first name.

It's a very Scottish name. I have heard of it before several times among the Scottish aristocracy and upper classes but it was more common fifty years ago than it is now, so may well be a family name.

Some more info

'The name Mungo is a boy's name of Scottish origin meaning "my pet". Mungo is one of the most classic Scottish names but perhaps also among the most difficult names to carry. There is a St. Mungo whose proper name was Kentigern; he is the patron saint of Glasgow.'
It wasn't a 'global visit'. It was a short visit to check out possibilities for Nigeria hosting a future Invictus Games. And that's all it was.

And if this CEO is wanted on charges in the US then having him in the reception party greeting Harry and Meghan is on the hosts who invited the Sussexes to Nigeria, not on their guests. The original, earlier DM article in which this info appeared even stated that arrangements had been made for another airline to fly the couple but that was changed (and not by them.)

It also stated in the same article that it was 'not being suggested that the Sussexes knew anything at all' about this individual. They almost certainly believed that this man had been vetted by the hosts who invited them.

From that article.

'There is no suggestion that either Harry or Meghan were aware of Onyema's history before they met him.

DailyMail.com also understands that the couple had planned to use a different airline but plans were changed at the last minute.'
Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on May 18, 2024, 10:07:57 AMDaily Mail: EXCLUSIVE- How Harry and Meghan were welcomed to Nigeria by a fugitive airline boss wanted in the US over $20M money laundering operation

It seems like an odd idea to go on global visits without being under the protection of an institution. The hosts would have been vetted and checked first, but they are doing this on their own.
Other Royal Families / Re: The French Royal Familes C...
Last post by LouisFerdinand - May 19, 2024, 10:11:42 PM
Happy, Joyous Birthday to Prince Jean d'Orleans, Count of Paris!

He would be King Jean (John) IV of France.
Alexandra as The Princess of Wales and her ponies at Sandringham House in 1880   
http://www.lookandlearn.com/history-images/M467467
Quote from: fawbert on May 19, 2024, 07:51:27 PMBirth of a son for Lord and Lady Hay, and a grandson for the Earl of Erroll. The child is destined to be Hereditary Lord High Constable of Scotland

https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2024/05/son-and-heir-for-lord-and-lady-hay.html

The Honourable Mungo Hay has an interesting first name.
Thanks for all the updates on various threads @fawbert
 The marriage took place in Germany, 11 May, 2024, between Seamus Makim (born 1981), son of William Alex Makim, and his former wife Jane Louisa Luedecke (nee Ferguson, born 26 Aug 1957), & Sibylle Weiss.

Seamus Makim, a scion of the Fergusons of Dummer (landed gentry) is a descendant of the Dukes of Buccleuch & Queensberry, and a nephew of Sarah Duchess of York.

https://peeragenews.blogspot.com/2024/05/makimweiss-marriage.html

-=-