The Iffy-Wiff Club: The Sussex Family General Chat Part 1

Started by Blue Clover, May 24, 2023, 11:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

Prince Harry denied a room at Windsor Castle during visit
Duke of Sussex told he must give due notice of intention to stay on royal estate after stopover was deemed impossible to arrange
By Victoria Ward, ROYAL EDITOR
The Telegraph
23 September 2023 ? 4:59pm

^ I think Harry needs an assistant that can book him timely with whichever 'organization' he needs or wants to deal with.  This business that he wants to skip paperwork or whatever it entails to obtain something, especially now that he is not a senior working royal, will just frustrate him more and more.

I decided to place the headline of the subscription The Telegraph article in the Iffy Wiff because Victoria Ward is claiming that Harry had asked 1. a room at Windsor Castle 2. a meeting with his dad - who was at Balmoral 3. a visit to QEII resting place (granted). 

wannable

But at home, problems persist. The Duke of Sussex was refused accommodation on the royal estate when he returned to the UK.

Roya Nikkhah Royal Editor
Saturday September 23 2023, 6.00pm BST,
The Sunday Times

^She also concurs with what seems to be widely acknowledged by the majority of RR's.

It brings tiara gate into mind of give it to me now, I'm not filling in paperwork nor follow procedures.

Curryong

Yes, just another bit of pettiness, that whatever it does to Harry, isn?t likely to improve relations any between father and son, nor indeed reflect well on the Palace.

Of course it would have been just too terribly difficult for Charles, knowing that WellChild and the Invictus Games were to be held shortly and Harry might well be in London, to tell one of his aides to communicate by phone or email with Harry and tell him a room at Windsor or BP (or God forbid Clarence House) would be made available to him if he wished to use it. It wasn?t as if he was bringing a retinue or even his wife.

Harry probably stayed with friends or at a private club.

And AGAIN, where is the link to the Telegraph article in any of these posts, so that we can read it ourselves?

wannable

He did have an entourage. To be honest and fair I only knew about his entourage because social media users made a brouhaha over his female assistant that is (was* until M arrives) by his side at all times when working, and his 2 bodyguards. They have to sleep somewhere.

I know many redundancies happened when Charles became King, this entailed many changes including merging meals and beverages at least for CH and BP, no portions lost - exacting numbers...this goes for KP and Windsor Castle workers too.

I still think Harry's assistant should follow the rules, if the Monarchy requieres 30 days notice, just Do It.

Curryong

Missing info? That?s why a link to what is being quoted should always be given if it comes from a viable source.
And why would Harry be requesting accommodation if he was bringing his own bodyguards? The media has always gone on about Harry always being under royal protection when staying on royal property. It sounds to me like that request from Harry was made some time ago and not at the last minute as has been inferred. 

As for the accommodation these aren?t medieval times. Charles probably knew Harry would have had a bodyguard or two  if not about the assistant IF it was a late request. . A way could have been found if the King had wished it, but he obviously didn?t.

And Seward wittering on in the DM about Charles offering olive branches by asking Harry to go to Balmoral on the eve of the Queen?s death anniversary is just empty rhetoric. (A) we don?t know that Charles offered the invite or not. She was just told that by an aide. And (B) IF there was an invitation then Charles must have known that Harry would hardly be rushing up to Balmoral when he had WellChild looming the next day. Unnecessary journey by commercial plane I suppose then find a car to drive up there to the actual castle, and then the same thing back to London for WellChild. Couldn?t be done!

Prince Harry 'turned down King Charles' offer to spend anniversary of Queen's death at Balmoral with his father' | Daily Mail Online,available%20for%20him%20to%20use.

Harry in astonishing snub to Charles after rejecting offer to spend anniversary of Queen's death with father at Balmoral | The Sun

Note that in the Sun ?Harry FORMALLY requested accommodation at Windsor? but was turned down. This doesn?t sound like Harry turning up at the last minute and requesting it. And the journey to Balmoral involved a plane and a car, it?s not a hop and skip away from London.

Nightowl

Quote from: wannable on September 23, 2023, 07:17:21 PM
^ I think Harry needs an assistant that can book him timely with whichever 'organization' he needs or wants to deal with.  This business that he wants to skip paperwork or whatever it entails to obtain something, especially now that he is not a senior working royal, will just frustrate him more and more.

I decided to place the headline of the subscription The Telegraph article in the Iffy Wiff because Victoria Ward is claiming that Harry had asked 1. a room at Windsor Castle 2. a meeting with his dad - who was at Balmoral 3. a visit to QEII resting place (granted).
[/quote

Oh Harry still thinks the world revolves around his wants when he wants something, he just has not accepted the fact he *left or ran or whatever* years ago from his family who then he bad-mouthed to the entire world......just who does this selfish entitled so called prince think he is........still the same ole behavior as before....this time the Palace did not give into his wants......he is no longer a working royal of the BRF and will never be that again......

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on September 23, 2023, 07:54:05 PM
Yes, just another bit of pettiness, that whatever it does to Harry, isn?t likely to improve relations any between father and son, nor indeed reflect well on the Palace.

Of course it would have been just too terribly difficult for Charles, knowing that WellChild and the Invictus Games were to be held shortly and Harry might well be in London, to tell one of his aides to communicate by phone or email with Harry and tell him a room at Windsor or BP (or God forbid Clarence House) would be made available to him if he wished to use it. It wasn?t as if he was bringing a retinue or even his wife.

Harry probably stayed with friends or at a private club.

And AGAIN, where is the link to the Telegraph article in any of these posts, so that we can read it ourselves?

@Curryong-Here's the link to The Telegraph article. I have also posted the entire article.

Honestly, it seems that the request from Prince Harry came too late for the staff at Windsor Castle so it was denied. Prince Harry and his team then apparently went to a hotel. Charles and Camilla were at Balmoral which is typical for the monarch during this time of the year. With just a one day/night stay in the UK, it would have been difficult to coordinate a visit.

It should be noted that summer is when the major cleaning, repair and restoration work at BP, WC, CH, etc..occurs even while allowing for the tourists who come to visit these historic sites.

Prince Harry denied a room at Windsor Castle during visit

The Duke of Sussex must give due notice if he wishes to stay on a royal estate, The Telegraph understands, after he was denied a room at Windsor Castle earlier this month.

The Duke flew to London for the WellChild Awards, an annual charity event that this year fell on the eve of the first anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II?s death.

Having established that it would be impossible to see his father due to their diary commitments and because the King was at Balmoral, the Duke asked if he could instead stay at Windsor Castle.

The arrangement would have enabled him to easily visit his grandmother?s resting place at St George?s Chapel, Windsor, the following day, which he also asked if he could do.

The visit was the Duke?s first since the Sussexes were evicted from Frogmore Cottage, their former Windsor home. It means they are now ?homeless? when on UK soil and must ask permission from Buckingham Palace to stay on one of the royal estates.

Royal sources have stressed that such provision will be made where possible but that the palace must be given suitable warning of any such visit.

The Duke is next expecting to be in the UK in January, when his claim against News Group Newspapers, the publisher of The Sun, for alleged unlawful information gathering is due to be heard at the High Court.

The Duke?s office first contacted Buckingham Palace after confirming his attendance at the WellChild Awards.It said the Duke would love to see his father and stay with him if at all possible.

However, he was told he would have to put in a formal request. It is unclear whether the King was aware of such correspondence.

The Duke?s team duly sent specific details and timings of his trip. He had only a small window of 24 hours in the UK before he flew to Germany for the Invictus Games.

The palace is understood to have responded, explaining that the King would be at Balmoral on the relevant dates but that the Duke was more than welcome to join him there.

Such a meeting would have allowed father and son an opportunity to catch up, face to face, for the first time in months.

But both sides acknowledged that it was simply not feasible given the timings. The Duke would have had to have flown to Scotland by helicopter or private jet and even then would have had minimal, if any, time with his father.

The Duke?s office then asked if it was possible to be given accommodation in Windsor ? or indeed anywhere else ? but is said to have done so too late and that it was deemed impossible to arrange.As such, he was forced to stay in a hotel for the night ? which, having been stripped of his police protection, added a complicated security element.

The Duke was, though, allowed to visit the late Queen?s grave ? a private excursion that became public knowledge when a member of the public took a photograph of him leaving the chapel.

The late Queen is buried alongside her husband, the late Duke of Edinburgh; her mother, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother; her father, King George VI, and her sister, Princess Margaret, at the King George VI Memorial Chapel inside St George?s Chapel.

The Duke was joined at the Invictus Games in D?sseldorf by the Duchess of Sussex, where they were warmly applauded by the crowd.

At the event, he made a speech saying people should not be judged by their ?past pain?.

The Duke is not thought to have fully reconciled with his family during his visits to the UK for state events, such as the late Queen?s funeral and the King?s Coronation, after the incendiary allegations contained in his autobiography Spare, which was published earlier this year.

Curryong

Many Thanks for that entire article. I really wanted to read the entire content, not little snippets, and now I can. And interesting that the offer to go to Balmoral to C+C was just empty rhetoric as I stated in a previous post. The Palace acknowledged that the window was too small to allow for travel to Balmoral and back.

I don?t see why FC (which is now completely empty of tenants and everything else) couldn?t be kept for the Sussexes on a yearly lease. Instead they were more or less evicted, told to go, allowing the British media to crow, in order for that property to stand empty and without purpose. Everyone must have known that Eugenie and Jack were only stop gap tenants. If Andrew was supposed to move into FC then that plan fell apart and very quickly. Imo, telling the couple they couldn't have FC after they had spent considerable money on it was just vindictive and petty.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on September 24, 2023, 07:18:53 PM
Many Thanks for that entire article. I really wanted to read the entire content, not little snippets, and now I can. And interesting that the offer to go to Balmoral to C+C was just empty rhetoric as I stated in a previous post. The Palace acknowledged that the window was too small to allow for travel to Balmoral and back.

I don?t see why FC (which is now completely empty of tenants and everything else) couldn?t be kept for the Sussexes on a yearly lease. Instead they were more or less evicted, told to go, allowing the British media to crow, in order for that property to stand empty and without purpose. Everyone must have known that Eugenie and Jack were only stop gap tenants. If Andrew was supposed to move into FC then that plan fell apart and very quickly. Imo, telling the couple they couldn't have FC after they had spent considerable money on it was just vindictive and petty.

IMO  it was largely a business decision. After KCIII's reign began, his staff would have begun  appraising the vacant properties to determine which ones were likely to fetch the highest rents.. IMO it was determined that the newly renovated Frogmore Cottage is easier to rent as a single family home, than some of the other vacant dwellings on the royal estates. It's large enough for a family but not so spacious that a 21st century couple would struggle to fill the spaces with furniture and other belongings.

If the Sussexes require a place to stay in London, than the now vacant Apt1 is a good choice IMO. It's obviously secure and has been recently repaired with a new roof.  Plus it is spacious enough for the entire Sussex family and any staff/security they need to bring. It can easily be furnished with items from the warehouse and any other rooms can just remain closed off. It's location is close enough to see Charles at Clarence House or Buckingham Palace but out of the way of courtiers that Harry/Meghan likely don't want to encounter. Plus, I believe that it gives Harry a chance to show his children where he spent his childhood. They could probably even use the BP swimming pool if they wished to do so.

wannable

Posting by subscription pay per view articles doesn't help that media company to survive, that is 2,729 employees with families too for the above particular cheated article. I have explained thoroughly to RIF administration I will not post cheat archive links nor full articles from by PPV subscription media websites. By posting a quote with the RR, Date and Media Organisation is sufficient to search it in your own browser and pay for it or cheat unlawfully about it or check what I quoted is truthfully from one of them.

Anyway more Iffy Wiff from The Sun, they survive with advertisement.

SUSSEXES GAG KIDS Harry & Meg?s aides tried to GAG teachers & pupils as young as 5 at school where they filmed for their ?80m Netflix show
Harry & Meg?s aides tried to GAG teachers & pupils as young as 5 at school where they filmed for their ?80m Netflix show | The Sun

LOL with the 5 year olds.

wannable

Forgmore Cottage latest news - nothing petty or vindictive. 

Harry and Meghan struck deal to pay no more rent

Daily Mail
Home | Daily Mail Online ? news ? article-11876637
Mar 18, 2023  The Duke and Duchess of Sussex struck a deal with Buckingham Palace to pay no further rent on Frogmore Cottage after refunding the GBP 2.4 Million.

^ Nothing in the world beats a financial statement.

TLLK

^^^Which IMO made perfect sense since they were not living there year round. They save money to put towards other bills that they have.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on September 24, 2023, 08:52:55 PM
Forgmore Cottage latest news - nothing petty or vindictive. 

Harry and Meghan struck deal to pay no more rent

Daily Mail
Home | Daily Mail Online ? news ? article-11876637
Mar 18, 2023  The Duke and Duchess of Sussex struck a deal with Buckingham Palace to pay no further rent on Frogmore Cottage after refunding the GBP 2.4 Million.

^ Nothing in the world beats a financial statement.

Yes, but who suggested this deal first, the Sussexes or the Palace. And British Press reports always twist all their stories about the couple to ?show? that the Palace is always in the right and the Sussexes completely in the wrong.

Eugenie and Jack were there at the Cottage for part of the time, and we don?t know whether they paid rent or if they did, to whom?  What?s more, the Sussexes have never ever stated that they did not wish to have FC as their home whenever they came to Britain. It was given to them as a wedding gift. Some gift!

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on September 24, 2023, 08:18:23 PM
IMO  it was largely a business decision. After KCIII's reign began, his staff would have begun  appraising the vacant properties to determine which ones were likely to fetch the highest rents.. IMO it was determined that the newly renovated Frogmore Cottage is easier to rent as a single family home, than some of the other vacant dwellings on the royal estates. It's large enough for a family but not so spacious that a 21st century couple would struggle to fill the spaces with furniture and other belongings.

If the Sussexes require a place to stay in London, than the now vacant Apt1 is a good choice IMO. It's obviously secure and has been recently repaired with a new roof.  Plus it is spacious enough for the entire Sussex family and any staff/security they need to bring. It can easily be furnished with items from the warehouse and any other rooms can just remain closed off. It's location is close enough to see Charles at Clarence House or Buckingham Palace but out of the way of courtiers that Harry/Meghan likely don't want to encounter. Plus, I believe that it gives Harry a chance to show his children where he spent his childhood. They could probably even use the BP swimming pool if they wished to do so.

I hardly think Harry or his family would be allowed to use the precious BP swimming pool without written permission at least six months in advance. Nor do we know whether they will be required to ask permission to use Apt 1 months in advance either. And in the meantime FC remains empty, in spite of it being such a fine outstanding ?single family home?.. Efficient usage of vacant royal properties? Doesn?t appear so, does it?

wannable

For the 99% of citizens it is a gift, the crown estate property comes with a bunch of add ons, and cheap rent.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on September 24, 2023, 09:30:30 PM
For the 99% of citizens it is a gift, the crown estate property comes with a bunch of add ons, and cheap rent.

Yes, the bunch of add ons included the Sussexes having to pay back millions to the Sovereign Grant, something that wasn?t asked of the Cambridges with any of their properties in spite of expensive renovations, or of any other member of the BRF.

It?s a wonder that FC hasn?t been snatched up to rent by eager wealthy Londoners then if it?s so cheap and wonderful. Instead it is empty and it?s now nearly Oct.

wannable

I think the late Queen and King Charles is handling the Sussex problem very well.

They paid back because they announced themselves 18 months after a royal marriage that they wanted to step down and be half in half out. A scandal of SG moneys wasted. Of course they had to pay back - it was widely reported worldwide.

Anyway, I am curious to see IF King Charles will let H a property within any of the crown estates.  H comes with a film crew too for commercial purposes - this I did not mention yesterday with his entourage, but a couple of film crew was also travelling with him. It's a huge dilema for his father, H seems to not understand it.  Using royal connections and wanting to have it - by this time he shoud know but he likes to shoot himself in the foot  - circle of anger again and again.

Once KCIII let's H have a property within any of the crown estates, everyone else living there are at H's mercy because Dad made it happen. It is what it is. Dad would have to make H sign a bunch of NDA and a mile long list of rules, is it worth it?  I don't think so, I think H should purchase a property of his own like Montecito and be King to his own home.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on September 24, 2023, 09:43:24 PM
I think the late Queen and King Charles is handling the Sussex problem very well.

They paid back because they announced themselves 18 months after a royal marriage that they wanted to step down and be half in half out. A scandal of SG moneys wasted. Of course they had to pay back - it was widely reported worldwide.

Anyway, I am curious to see IF King Charles will let H a property within any of the crown estates.  H comes with a film crew too for commercial purposes. It's a huge dilema for his father, H seems to not understand it.

Oh so Harry was there with a film crew at the unknown hotel he had to stay in because he was denied rooms at Windsor? Interesting that no-one reported it then! The truth is that 90% of the time when Harry is in Britain he doesn?t have a film crew on hand. Did he have a film crew around when he was appearing at his court cases earlier this year? No!  Any film crew were obviously there to film WellChild or more obviously, the IG, which were such a brilliant success.

And if Roya is reporting that it?s probable that Harry will get a property somewhere on Crown estates then it?s probably on the cards that he will. FC would have been ideal. The same reasoning went behind Charles being advised by the Palace to keep Harry as a Counsellor of State. He is still the next adult in the line of succession. Bad optics, almost as bad as chucking your son out of a home gifted to him by his grandmother as a wedding present.

wannable

Yes, he did not travel alone. What I've seen from social media videos and pictures, his followers ID'd 5 people

An example of a crown estate for those who do not know:
Buckingham Palace
188 staff bedrooms

Harry was born into it, he was used to having immediate staff members at his beck and call. 3 years ago he has to pay for his own staff and much more.

wannable

For those who do not know.
Windsor Castle
150 staff quarters

wannable

Kensington Palace
50 staff quarters

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on September 24, 2023, 10:15:25 PM
Kensington Palace
50 staff quarters

For those who do not know, Apt 1 at KP does not consist of staff quarters.

Nor does BP which held flats for Anne, the Yorks and the Wessexes, before recent renovations.

Nor does Clarence House, which is Charles?s home now and used to be Harry?s and William?s after the QM?s death. The house has ample guest quarters.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on September 24, 2023, 10:14:35 PM
Windsor Castle
150 staff quarters

For those who do not know. Windsor Castle, the largest castle in the world that is still a family home, used to host UK BRF family Christmases. It accommodated many members of the RF at that time. It does NOT consist solely of staff quarters. There are ample guest suites.

wannable

My reply has to do with questioning Harry's entourage. He has to pay for their accomodation or thought he can get 6 rooms at a crown estate property for independent commercial reasons.

Nightowl

Maybe it is time Harry  actually uses that *Brain* on his head and do some thinking for a change besides shooting from the hip that he can get what he wants when he wants something.  News Flash:  Harry the world does not go around or revolve around you and your needs/wants.  Think he will learn that someday, what a tiny spoiled BRAT he is.

He has millions so pay your own way in life now that you left the royal family even your bodyguards and entourage.  They are *your  responsibility* when working for you.