Hereditary and non-hereditary aristocrats and gentry for UK and Europe Chat

Started by beeswax, November 11, 2005, 02:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on May 19, 2024, 10:00:11 PM
The Honourable Mungo Hay has an interesting first name.

It's a very Scottish name. I have heard of it before several times among the Scottish aristocracy and upper classes but it was more common fifty years ago than it is now, so may well be a family name.

Some more info

'The name Mungo is a boy's name of Scottish origin meaning "my pet". Mungo is one of the most classic Scottish names but perhaps also among the most difficult names to carry. There is a St. Mungo whose proper name was Kentigern; he is the patron saint of Glasgow.'

fawbert

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on May 19, 2024, 09:19:25 PMThanks for all the updates on various threads @fawbert

Thanks. I tend to be a bit hit and miss here but will be more dutiful in future. :-)
Fawbert

sara8150

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13437725/Inside-Duke-Westminster-Olivia-Hensons-wedding-Chester-Cathedral-Prince-William-Prince-George-starring-roles.html
Prince of Wales and Prince George are both going to Duke of Westminster's wedding but Harry and Meghan aren't invited due back to tell all book on Harry's memoir,Netflix and Oprah but Catherine cant attend Duke of Westminster due to her cancer treatment Charlotte and Louis will stay at home with Kate,nanny Maria and Carole but William,Harry and members of the royal family been associated with his family for decades but articles said will included with 100 police officers and security expect for Prince of Wales and Prince George will be there

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/us-celebrity-news/prince-harry-snubs-archies-godfathers-32847137
Duke of Westminster's wedding makes his own decisions not invite Sussex on the list this is his wedding not Harry's

LouisFerdinand

I did not think that Prince Henry would attend the wedding of The Duke of Westminster.