The Principality of Lichtenstein-News, Current Events, Birthdays etc...

Started by LouisFerdinand, August 08, 2016, 12:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Does Liechtenstein have a law that if the reigning Prince has only daughters, a daughter could succeed him?

TudorQueen

No. Agnatic primogeniture still reigns. It was a case in the UN human rights in the early 2000s. Hans Adam II pointed out it was a family rule and didnt impact citizens so it was a private matter.

If there are no male heirs, the reigning prince can adopt an heir, so the line wont die out. There are currently 53 men in line so little concern.

Curryong

The reigning Prince Alois has three sons so at present there?s no problem. But no, Lechtenstein does not follow Salic law. As has been pointed out before, if there is no male heir among nephews etc then a male can be adopted.

LouisFerdinand

TLLK

The first princess of African origin: Princess Angela of Liechtenstein ? Royal Central

QuoteIn January 2000, Angela Gisela Brown became the first person of African heritage to marry into a ruling European family. The marriage was ground-breaking in Liechtenstein and the union did receive negative remarks from some of the royal family, although most were happy for the couple and did not express any prejudice towards their new princess.

Angela was born in Panama into an ordinary family and went on to study fashion at Parsons Design School in New York. Angela excelled in her studies and won an award upon graduating. Whilst running her own design company called A. Brown, Angela met her now husband Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein.

Maximilian is the second son of the current reigning Prince of Liechtenstein, Hans-Adam II. As Maximilian is not set to inherit the throne, the couple married and have lived a relatively normal life for royals. Maximilian studied business and is now the Chief Executive Officer of the LGT group which is an asset management and private banking group. This enterprise which began in the 1920s has made Liechtenstein one of Europe?s most wealthy monarchies despite being a tiny state.

Angela and Maximilian currently have one son together, Prince Alfons who was born in 2001. Prince Alfons is 6th in line to the throne of Liechtenstein. Other than her background in design and her marriage to Maxmilian, little is known about Princess Angela as the family are keen to stay away from the public eye as much as possible.

LouisFerdinand

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Hereditary Princess Sophie!   
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

LouisFerdinand

Hans-Adam I reigned from 1684 to 1712. He took a great interest in art. He bought works by Rubens and van Dyck for his collections.   

:french: :french: :french: :xmas4: :xmas4: :xmas4: :xmas4: :xmas4: :xmas1: :xmas1: :xmas1:

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

Today, US Ambassador Scott Miller presented his credentials to HSH Hereditary Prince Alois in Vaduz. We look forward to further strengthening the close political and economic cooperation of Liechtenstein with the US during his term.

https://twitter.com/MFA_LI/status/1493956243987312640?s=20&t=49XdPXp4sEtBTuIpHKHdng

PrincessOfPeace

The Princely family has gathered for the opening of the exhibition True Prince - Joseph Wenzel and his art".

The exhibition will be in the Liechtenstein Palace that the family owns in Vienna and admission will be free.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CamRZNhsrVx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

LouisFerdinand

True Prince - Joseph Wenzel and his art would be a remarkable exhibit to see.   
How many years did Prince Joseph Wenzel I collect art and paintings?

TudorQueen

@LouisFerdinand  not sure on exact numbers, but here is some more about the exhibit which seems to be the 'constant prince' not 'true prince'

THE CONSTANT PRINCE ? Joseph Wenzel and his art | Vienna, Liechtenstein Garden Palace, ladies appartements and historic library | 1.3.2022 - 31.3.2022

Sounds like an extraordinary collection. I'd love to see it.

Many of the pieces are usually in the private apartments of the royals. They have an art collection that is said to be only second to the British royal collection. I studied art history as one of my minors, I'd love to explore either collection.

Luxarazzi 101: Princely Collections of the House of Liechtenstein

Curryong

Quote from: TudorQueen on March 03, 2022, 11:05:47 PM
@LouisFerdinand  not sure on exact numbers, but here is some more about the exhibit which seems to be the 'constant prince' not 'true prince'

THE CONSTANT PRINCE ? Joseph Wenzel and his art | Vienna, Liechtenstein Garden Palace, ladies appartements and historic library | 1.3.2022 - 31.3.2022

Sounds like an extraordinary collection. I'd love to see it.

Many of the pieces are usually in the private apartments of the royals. They have an art collection that is said to be only second to the British royal collection. I studied art history as one of my minors, I'd love to explore either collection.

Luxarazzi 101: Princely Collections of the House of Liechtenstein

So would I! I think we all would. To go into the inhabited royal palaces of the world and see everything hanging on the walls, and in cabinets, not just the things that are on show in the collections the public can see, that would be a dream!

TudorQueen

@Curryong One of the reasons I'd want to see this exhibit. They are displaying some pieces that have been buried in private royal rooms for centuries. One of those exhibits that is the closest to a walk in private royal suites as many get.

There are pieces commisioned by the Prince in the 1790s. They have not been displayed in public since Wenzel purchased them.

LouisFerdinand

The Golden Carriage is extremely fancy. Imagine it being used for a royal wedding.

PrincessOfPeace

PrincessOfPeace

LouisFerdinand

Happy, Joyous Birthday to Prince Joseph Wenzel!   

:bday5: :bday5: :bday5: :bday5:

TLLK

Hereditary Prince Alois gave an interview to Forbes magazine.

Milliardaire | Interview d'Alois von und zu Liechtenstein:

QuoteLiechtenstein is undoubtedly an amazing country: GDP per capita of $180,000 per year on average for the 38,000 inhabitants of a country of approximately 160 km2. As rich as it is ancient, Liechtenstein is a concentrate of history, stability and prosperity. So what is the secret of such success for the 6th smallest state in the world? Exclusive interview for Forbes France with His Serene Highness Hereditary Prince Alois von und zu Liechtenstein in Vaduz, the country's capital.

TLLK