Fave Palace

Started by PrincessPreppy, June 04, 2003, 01:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessPreppy

Does anyone have a fave palace??
Harryite #0035

kasper

I've always wanted to go to Buckingham Palace to see all the art works.  I love Caravaggio and Peter Paul Rubens' works and I know Buckingham Palace has a lot of them.  In fact, I believe Caravaggio did a ceiling in Buckingham Palace.

PrincessPreppy

U can go during tne summer when the RF is at balmoral. I did a few years ago.
Harryite #0035

sunshine69

I think Buckingham is my favorite...
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised." ~ Proverbs 31:30

This is REAL love..."For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, b

PrincessPreppy

Harryite #0035

Cassabelle

I like Buckingham, but doesn't everyone?  Its the most common palace. (hmmm, "common" and "palace" in the same sentence? Whew!)  I think its beautiful and historic and more than likely has the most to "ooh" and "ahhh" over, but I really like Balmoral, Windsor, and Sandringham a lot.

PrincessPreppy

Holyrood house( thier palace in Edinburgh) is amazing as well!!
Harryite #0035

pixie

I've also always really loved Holyrood house.

There's another, Frogmore House, which I think is absolutely beautiful.

After that I'd go for Windsor . . . I'm not a huge fan of Buckingham.
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

PrincessPreppy

oh frogmore is lovely indeed. the isle of white.....I love the play house especailly...
Harryite #0035