Cambridges-Official Engagements & Court Circular Entries September 2019-Present

Started by TLLK, September 17, 2019, 02:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

?The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will visit Birkenhead on Thursday 26th September to attend the naming ceremony of the UK?s new polar research ship, the #RRSSirDavidAttenborough.?

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

wannable

Shipbuilding and repair is pretty much the economy of Birkenhead (and Birkenhead Market, and Town Hall), if they plan to kill (more) birds in a visit.

sara8150

Prince William and Kate Middleton's first joint engagement for autumn revealed | HELLO!

Gert?s Royals Twitter says
QuoteSeptember 26th,
Prince William & Duchess Kate will visit Birkenhead  to attend the naming ceremony of the UK?s new polar research ship, the #RRSSirDavidAttenborough.
Twitter

wannable

Antarctic Survey
‏Verified account
@BAS_News

Tickets are still available for the #RRSSirDavidAttenborough naming ceremony events next week.

Thursday 26th - naming ceremony with very special guests the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Ice worlds festival of discovery.

Saturday 28th ? Ice Worlds family day.

It's part of a 3-day celebration of UK science, engineering & shipbuilding

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend a special event at the Aga Khan Centre on 2nd October, hosted by His Highness The Aga Khan.

The event falls ahead of TRH?s official visit to Pakistan, which will take place between 14th - 18th October.

wannable

Quite thoughtful of the KP team, nicely done considering they will be visiting Pakistan.  By the way, I can't wait to see Kate's tour outfits, she get's it right with the theme dressing, especially if there will be official meetings with the Pakistan Government reps. 

TLLK

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some repeats of a few of her outfits from the India/Bhutan tour.

All of Kate Middleton?s Looks on the 2016 India Tour | Vanity Fair

wannable

I hope she wears new and made in Pakistan clothes.  There are circumstances where that is part of a great marketing and PR.  With the India versus Pakistan politics and social tensions, I think it wise the KP team chooses carefully her clothing for this trip

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: wannable on September 20, 2019, 04:23:38 PM
Quite thoughtful of the KP team, nicely done considering they will be visiting Pakistan.  By the way, I can't wait to see Kate's tour outfits, she get's it right with the theme dressing, especially if there will be official meetings with the Pakistan Government reps.
Likewise! And to get pictures against the backdrop of a country we don't often see will be great, too. This is a lot of responsibility for the security team, but I'm sure William and Kate will be cooperative with them.

Double post auto-merged: September 21, 2019, 01:36:01 PM

Quote from: wannable on September 20, 2019, 04:41:05 PM
I hope she wears new and made in Pakistan clothes.  There are circumstances where that is part of a great marketing and PR.  With the India versus Pakistan politics and social tensions, I think it wise the KP team chooses carefully her clothing for this trip
I think she will. She is usually very careful about selecting materials and styles that will reflect and support the culture...I'm sure we will see some beautiful Pakistani prints, for example, and like you, I hope they have some clothing made their. It will be fascinating.

wannable

This event is tomorrow.

The couple will very likely take a Helicopter (London to Birkenhead distance is 211.7 miles)

Double post auto-merged: September 26, 2019, 12:18:31 PM

Almost time for the Duchess of Cambridge to officially name the #SirDavidAttenborough
Twitter

TLLK

@sara8150 -Thank you for the videos and articles. I really hoped that "Boaty McBoatface" could have been the name but at least the submersible vessel has been given that honor.  :D

Congratulations to Sir David Attenbourgh on this great honor. God bless this ship and her crew.

wannable

The commentators (the best and almost all comments) of the DM are mad that it won't be Boaty McBoatface.  They are questioning why carry out a VOTE when at the end the most voted is ignored, just like Brexit.

UK citizens patience is wearing thin...

TLLK

Twitter

Double post auto-merged: September 26, 2019, 02:38:02 PM

Short video of William and Sir David.

Lothwen

I?m disappointed they didn?t ACTUALLY name the thing Boaty McBoatface
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

wannable

I am too, but I am not sure how the Vote was organized? I am trying to seek the information IF it was from the official builders, city or was it a Media (news) site, if the later than its not valid, if from the Officials, then its very wrong, even if they named the robotic underwater vehicle the winning vote.  By the KP twitter, it seems like some 'conversation' about it came up before the engagement and immediately after the voting. 

If anyone find the official website or the media that carried out the vote, please share.

Kensington Palace
‏Verified account
@KensingtonRoyal

The Duchess of Cambridge, who is the ship?s sponsor, named the RRS Sir David Attenborough before Their Royal Highnesses met locals who had come to the dockyard to see the ceremony.

TRH learn about the role of the robotic underwater vehicle famously named Boaty McBoatface.

Thank you Birkenhead!

TLLK

Quote from: Lothwen on September 26, 2019, 04:22:42 PM
I?m disappointed they didn?t ACTUALLY name the thing Boaty McBoatface
I agree. If they didn't plan to honor the vote, why bother having one?

Curryong

The background to the RSS Sir David Attenborough, which has in fact been launched for some time, by Sir David himself in an official ceremony.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cUBQodY60U0

Double post auto-merged: September 26, 2019, 10:24:00 PM

Article from the Guardian in 2016 about the naming process for the Arctic Research Vessel

'Boaty McBoatface' ship to be called RRS Sir David Attenborough | Environment | The Guardian

Double post auto-merged: September 26, 2019, 10:28:56 PM

The Natural Environment Research Council announced the poll as soon as the ship's construction was announced but the spokesman stated that the results would not be binding and the most popular name would not necessarily be used. The decision to ultimately name this vessel RSS Sir David Attenborough was a government one.

TLLK

Twitter

Walkabout video with The Cambridges and Sir David.

Glad to see that Sir David had the opportunity to meet and greet the crowds for this "bread and butter" or domestic visit today.  :happy:

Double post auto-merged: September 26, 2019, 11:01:43 PM

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Attend The Naming Ceremony of The UK's New Polar Research Ship - YouTube

Blue Clover

TLLK

@Blue Clover Yes they are a fantastic cause. I'm hoping that the launch of this ship will allow for continued research into conservation for the endangered species on this planet.

Twitter

QuoteThe ship, operated by British Antarctic Survey, will allow the UK?s research community to carry out world-leading research in Antarctica and the Artic over the next 25-30 years.

❄️ Researching these polar regions will help us to better understand our planet.

Double post auto-merged: September 27, 2019, 03:26:33 PM

Kensington Palace on Instagram: ?The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge met crew members, ship builders, scientists and children taking part in British

Double post auto-merged: September 27, 2019, 03:27:15 PM

QuoteThe Duke and Duchess of Cambridge met crew members, ship builders, scientists and children taking part in British Antarctic Survey?s Polar Explorers program during their tour of the RSS Sir David Attenborough.
The ship will carry 30 crew members and up to 60 scientists on its voyages. She took one million pieces of steel and 900km of cabling to construct

wannable

Spotted yesterday afternoon catching the train back to London.

flurrymay
Only the most glamorous people get to catch the 14.47 train to London from Liverpool on a Thursday afternoon...
Flurrymc on Instagram: ?Only the most glamorous people get to catch the 14.47 train to London from Liverpool on a Thursday afternoon...?

Princess Cassandra

Wow, when you look at that ship you know it means business. Gratifying to see how deeply important the cause is to the people of the UK and Commonwealth.