Countess of Wessex will present medals to The Rifles at Allenbrooke Barracks

Started by snokitty, December 05, 2014, 11:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snokitty

BritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy

QuoteToday The Countess of Wessex will present medals to @The_Rifles at Allenbrooke Barracks in #Germany. HRH is Royal Colonel of the Regiment.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

cinrit

QuoteSophie, Countess of Wessex Flies to Germany to Present Medals to the Last British Troops to Leave Afghanistan

Around 400 soldiers who were among the last British troops to leave Afghanistan have been presented with campaign medals by the Countess of Wessex.

Sophie, looking smart and chic in a navy coat and purple hat, presented the servicemen and women of 5th Battalion, The Rifles with the accolades to mark their safe return from Helmand Province during Operation Herrick 20.

The Countess, 49, who is the Royal Colonel of the battalion, flew to Alanbrooke Barracks in Paderborn, Germany, to meet the troops.

Several hundred of the soldiers' families braved the cold, alongside local civic dignitaries, to watch the battalion parade behind The Band of the Scots Guards.

More: Sophie Countess of Wessex presents medals to last Brit troops to leave Afghanistan | Daily Mail Online

Cindy

Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

TLLK

I love the coat with the military style buttons. Not a fan of the hat though.