Sussex family birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones

Started by wannable, August 04, 2019, 02:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Happy 38th birthday Harry! Hope you have the best one in the sad circumstances of this week, with Meghan by your side.  :bday10:

TLLK

Wishing a Happy 38th Birthday to Prince Harry.  :bday:

Curryong

Lilibet was christened last Friday at home in California by the Archbishop of Los Angeles.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Daughter Princess Lilibet Christened

PEOPLE exclusively confirms that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex held a christening for their 21-month-old daughter last Friday in a small and intimate ceremony at their home in Montecito, California.

When reached by PEOPLE, a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said: "I can confirm that Princess Lilibet Diana was christened on Friday, March 3 by the Archbishop of Los Angeles, the Rev John Taylor."

According to a source, Meghan, 41, and Harry, 38, extended an invite to King Charles, Queen Camilla, Prince William and Kate Middleton, but they were not in attendance.

After their grandfather became monarch following the death of Queen Elizabeth last September, Archie, 3, and Lilibet were afforded the titles of prince and princess under rules set out by King George V in 1917.

An insider tells PEOPLE there were between 20-30 guests at Friday's intimate gathering, including Meghan's mother, Doria Ragland, Lilibet's godfather, Tyler Perry, and an unnamed godmother. Following the ceremony, attendees were treated to an afternoon of food and dancing ? with Archie enjoying a dance with his little sister!

Amabel2

I thoguh that she had been christened ages ago and Tyler Perry was her godfather.

Curryong

Quote from: Amabel2 on March 08, 2023, 12:38:34 PM
I thoguh that she had been christened ages ago and Tyler Perry was her godfather.

No, they asked him to be Lili?s godfather, and he?s obviously been acting as an honorary one as her parents? friend, but now it?s official. The media speculated that Lili had been christened many weeks ago but neither Harry or Meghan said so.

Amabel2

Quote from: Curryong on March 08, 2023, 12:47:23 PM
No, they asked him to be Lili?s godfather, and he?s obviously been acting as an honorary one as her parents? friend, but now it?s official. The media speculated that Lili had been christened many weeks ago but neither Harry or Meghan said so.
I thought that he was always unofficial as he didn't regard himself as relgious.  so now Lili is going by the title of Princess

wannable

Gert's Royals
@Gertsroyals
Princess Lilibet was christened on Friday, March 3 by the bishop of Los Angeles, the Rev John Taylor.

(He was mistakenly referred to as Archbishop by Sussex press team)

Rev John Taylor is a member of the US's Episcopal Church. It is part of the Anglican Communion which the Church of England is also apart of.

The presiding Bishop of the US's Episcopal Church is Rev Michael Curry, who spoke at the Sussexes wedding.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on March 08, 2023, 12:36:25 PM
Lilibet was christened last Friday at home in California by the Archbishop of Los Angeles.

PEOPLE exclusively confirms that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex held a christening for their 21-month-old daughter last Friday in a small and intimate ceremony at their home in Montecito, California.

When reached by PEOPLE, a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex said: "I can confirm that Princess Lilibet Diana was christened on Friday, March 3 by the Archbishop of Los Angeles, the Rev John Taylor."

According to a source, Meghan, 41, and Harry, 38, extended an invite to King Charles, Queen Camilla, Prince William and Kate Middleton, but they were not in attendance.

After their grandfather became monarch following the death of Queen Elizabeth last September, Archie, 3, and Lilibet were afforded the titles of prince and princess under rules set out by King George V in 1917.

An insider tells PEOPLE there were between 20-30 guests at Friday's intimate gathering, including Meghan's mother, Doria Ragland, Lilibet's godfather, Tyler Perry, and an unnamed godmother. Following the ceremony, attendees were treated to an afternoon of food and dancing ? with Archie enjoying a dance with his little sister!

Congratz Lili! When they said he flew in and wore a suite, I had a feeling. He also brought a gospel choir!

I can appreciate that they sent an invite and I'm sure both sides knew that no one was really coming.

Now, someone needs to release the photo!

TLLK

:flower3:  Congratulations to Lilibet and her family on this milestone in her life.  :flower3: Considering that she's nearly two years old, I doubt that she wore the BRF's christening gown as I don't believe that it would fit. The second gown was modeled on the first one and that one was definitely made for infants. Traditionally a white garment is all that is required, so I presume that Lilibet just wore a white dress. I was hoping that the family would consider releasing a photo with the article, but for now it doesn't seem like we'll receive one.

I wonder if she was christened at home or at one of the nearby Episcopal churches?  Here's a list of the local ones.

episcopal churches in santa barbara ca - Google Search,lf_ui:4&tbm=lcl&rflfq=1&num=10&rldimm=17784963797210031843&lqi=CiZlcGlzY29wYWwgY2h1cmNoZXMgaW4gc2FudGEgYmFyYmFyYSBjYSIDiAEBSMWSo_7mgICACFo-EAAQARgAGAEYAxgEGAUiJmVwaXNjb3BhbCBjaHVyY2hlcyBpbiBzYW50YSBiYXJiYXJhIGNhKgYIAhAAEAGSARBlcGlzY29wYWxfY2h1cmNomgEkQ2hkRFNVaE5NRzluUzBWSlEwRm5TVU50YVhWNVNEZEJSUkFCqgFECggvbS8wMnJzdxABGh4QASIawS9xLGkryw8sxSTL2rYlE0659iNSHGUZAcQqFiISZXBpc2NvcGFsIGNodXJjaGVzKADgAQA&ved=2ahUKEwjA6f69tcz9AhVBIUQIHXVWDwwQvS56BAgSEAE&sa=X&rlst=f#rlfi=hd:;si:17784963797210031843,l,CiZlcGlzY29wYWwgY2h1cmNoZXMgaW4gc2FudGEgYmFyYmFyYSBjYSIDiAEBSMWSo_7mgICACFo-EAAQARgAGAEYAxgEGAUiJmVwaXNjb3BhbCBjaHVyY2hlcyBpbiBzYW50YSBiYXJiYXJhIGNhKgYIAhAAEAGSARBlcGlzY29wYWxfY2h1cmNomgEkQ2hkRFNVaE5NRzluUzBWSlEwRm5TVU50YVhWNVNEZEJSUkFCqgFECggvbS8wMnJzdxABGh4QASIawS9xLGkryw8sxSTL2rYlE0659iNSHGUZAcQqFiISZXBpc2NvcGFsIGNodXJjaGVzKADgAQA;mv:[[34.446613,-119.61753709999999],[34.413593999999996,-119.8717918]];tbs:lrf:!1m4!1u3!2m2!3m1!1e1!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:4

Curryong

According to People magazine, who broke the news the ceremony was at the family home.

PEOPLE exclusively confirms that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex held a christening for their 21-month-old daughter last Friday in a small and intimate ceremony at their home in Montecito, California. End quote

I?d love to see a photo or two. Perhaps they?ll release a couple later, hope so!

TLLK

@Curryong-Thank you. I wasn't sure what the guidelines/rules were for christenings in the Episcopal/Anglican church so I thought there might be a chance that they opted for one of the nearby churches.

Harry and Meghan-Please release a family photo from that day!!!   :happy:

sara8150

Quote from: Curryong on March 08, 2023, 01:23:13 PM
According to People magazine, who broke the news the ceremony was at the family home.

PEOPLE exclusively confirms that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex held a christening for their 21-month-old daughter last Friday in a small and intimate ceremony at their home in Montecito, California. End quote

I?d love to see a photo or two. Perhaps they?ll release a couple later, hope so!

I don?t think so not without permission from Harry and Meghan for release pictures don?t you remember last time Meghan against UK Taboilds for release pictures of Archie years ago and Meghan won case no privacy on their children for good reasons but in UK forbidden Harry and Meghan have christened in USA i know have small ceremony and low profile no official ceremony nor announcement from Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace

sara8150

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's daughter Princess Lilibet Diana is christened | Daily Mail Online

Was godfather Tyler Perry behind decision to christen Lilibet at home? | Daily Mail Online

Inside Lili's California christening! Prince Harry and Meghan threw celebration at home | Daily Mail Online

Bishop who christened Princess Lilibet is Richard Nixon's former chief-of-staff | Daily Mail Online

Lilibet christening: Is Harry and Meghan's daughter a Princess? | Daily Mail Online

Omid Scobie claims Charles, Camilla and William and Kate 'declined' Lilibet christening invitation | Daily Mail Online

Palace Will Update Prince Archie and Princess Lili's Titles on Website

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Kids Archie and Lilibet Now Have Titles

Royal Family Didn't Attend Princess Lilibet's Christening After Invite

King Charles, Prince William and Kate Middleton did NOT attend Lilibet's christening: Here's why | HELLO!

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle refer to daughter Lilibet Diana as 'Princess' in christening announcement | HELLO!

Prince Harry and Meghan's daughter Princess Lilibet Diana christened in LA | US News | Sky News

Duke and Duchess of Sussex use ?Princess? title at daughter Lilibet?s christening | Prince Harry | The Guardian

Royal Family snub invite to Lilibet's christening as Charles, William and Kate skip event | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Why Archie and Lilibet won't use HRH after becoming Prince and Princess | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Lilibet Diana given Princess title in new statement from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Lilibet Diana christened: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announce daughter baptised in US | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-03-08/harry-and-meghans-daughter-princess-lilibet-diana-christened-in-la

Harry and Meghan get Lilibet christened at home - but royals snub invite - Mirror Online

When Meghan and Harry's children will use Prince and Princess titles - and when they won't - Mirror Online

Meghan and Harry told King about new royal titles before Lilibet's christening - Mirror Online

Prince Harry's kids' titles 'predictable' as he makes millions from royal link, says expert - Mirror Online

Royals confirm Archie and Lilibet are now prince and princess after title row - Mirror Online

When Meghan and Harry's children will use Prince and Princess titles - and when they won't - Mirror Online

Meghan and Harry christen daughter ?Princess Lilibet Diana? at LA ceremony ? and royals WERE invited... but didn't go | The Sun

Mystery over Lilibet's godmother as Meghan Markle & Harry's daughter is christened with her famous godfather by her side | The Sun

Royal fans spot crucial addition to Lilibet's name in christening announcement - and it's baffling everyone | The Sun

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/sussex/the-duke-and-duchess-of-sussexs-children-referred-to-as-prince-and-princess-for-first-time-187083/

HistoryGirl2

She?s a very cute baby. Interesting development. Nothing surprising, but still very contradictory to utilize a title for an institution when you say you don?t want an institution but a regular family.

I wonder if Charles? office sent over a gift or acknowledgment even if he (quite understandably) chose not to attend.

TLLK

I'm sure that Lilibet has received gifts from her grandfather and other family members for this special milestone in her life.

HistoryGirl2

I would certainly expect so, but since they chose to tell everyone that the RF was invited, I did wonder if he actually didn?t sent anything or if it was purposefully omitted.

I am glad that this happened though. Now we can see that nobody was denying them the right to use prince or princess (not even sure if that?s possible), it was only ever a matter of whether they wanted to style them that way. BP will now be changing the website per the Sussexes wish.

Yale

Harry and Meghan claimed the titles for both her and Archie during the christening. In fact a new report just came came out the palace will update the Royal website accordingly as well.

Amabel2

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on March 08, 2023, 05:44:53 PM
She?s a very cute baby. Interesting development. Nothing surprising, but still very contradictory to utilize a title for an institution when you say you don?t want an institution but a regular family.

I wonder if Charles? office sent over a gift or acknowledgment even if he (quite understandably) chose not to attend.
Baby?  She's walking. 

HistoryGirl2

I apologize. I call anyone under a certain age a baby. Very cute toddler.

sara8150

changemhysoul

Still hopping we get a picture of Princess Lili christening

Amabel2

Quote from: changemhysoul on March 09, 2023, 01:12:23 PM
Still hopping we get a picture of Princess Lili christening
Why? In spite of the title now being used, she is still a private individual, and in any case the RF has usually kept christenings private.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Amabel2 on March 09, 2023, 01:40:47 PM
Why? In spite of the title now being used, she is still a private individual, and in any case the RF has usually kept christenings private.

Just because I'd like to see it.

If they don't release one, it's fine but Lili is too cute so it'd be nice to see.

wannable

The highest bidder will get the Lilibuck's christening pics