The Wessexes and Family General Chat

Started by TLLK, March 10, 2019, 02:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

The BRF have access to MI5, MI5 has access to profiles.  The son of Helen Holland, I don't have access to MI5, but Google is our friend, the son is a middle class professor of the School of Hygiene, Tropical Disease and Medicine at London University *Linkedin UK profile, Scholar UK website, Government website, what he writes in his CV including hobbies, the address is Middleclass .  The university website has 100% insurance coverage for it's employees and family members included; including hospital, death and funeral arrangements.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on May 26, 2023, 12:55:11 AM
The BRF have access to MI5, MI5 has access to profiles.  The son of Helen Holland, I don't have access to MI5, but Google is our friend, the son is a middle class professor of the School of Hygiene, Tropical Disease and Medicine at London University *Linkedin UK profile, Scholar UK website, Government website, what he writes in his CV including hobbies, the address is Middleclass .  The university website has 100% insurance coverage for it's employees and family members included; including hospital, death and funeral arrangements.

Family members are more likely to be spouses/partners and non adult children of employees than elderly mothers. There is no sign however that Helen was a woman who was scratching around for cash. My guess is that the family is m/c. I don?t think any gesture of a monetary gift from the RF would be taken up anyway. 

Amabel2

Quote from: HistoryGirl2 on May 25, 2023, 06:23:25 PM
I?m not sure why doing a good deed would ever be inappropriate. She?s not being accused of doing anything and she?s not under any sort of investigation.
It is a case between the Police and the lady's famly, not Sophie.

HistoryGirl2

^Legally yes, but to me, compassion doesn?t come out of a requirement to get involved?if it did involve Sophie, that I would see as inappropriate because it would be like hush money. To me, a gesture like that comes out of compassion for their plight after a horrific accident. If you feel differently, that?s fine.

Amabel2

I think it woudl look very odd as if the family could not afford to pay for th lady's funeral....  I'd say vulgar and condescending.

HistoryGirl2

I?d certainly not throw a bag of money at someone and imply they?re unable to pay. Something as simple as, ?Please let me know if there?s any way we can help during this terrible time? would suffice. There does exist tactful ways to address people. That way, the ball is in their court. If they want to make the request, they can; if they don?t need or want it, everyone moves on with their lives.

wannable

Nightowl

She looks so lovely, her smile is mega watts.  I admire this woman, she like HM just keeps going on and on and doing the job.

PrincessOfPeace

Prince Edward and his wife Sophie show off their skills as they hit the slopes with friends during skiing holiday in Switzerland -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13132215/Prince-Edward-Sophie-skiing-holiday-Switzerland.html

LouisFerdinand

The Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh played badminton.     

PrincessOfPeace