Diana's Family News and Chat

Started by LouisFerdinand, October 21, 2015, 12:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

It seems that Charles Spencer is estranged with the twins.

Curryong

I think Earl Spencer is estranged from all three daughters of his first marriage. Their half-brother walked Kitty down the aisle, an odd procedure where a father is still alive as well as full brother Louis, who seems to have kept out of things. I thought that the family was fractured before Kitty?s wedding. Charles Spencer never uttered one word of joy or congratulations when either of his daughters got engaged.

Amabel2

Not at all unknown in the Spencer family,  they are well known for always being at odds with each other

LouisFerdinand

It will be interesting to see if Lady Amelia will wear the Spencer Honeysuckle Tiara on her wedding day.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on March 21, 2023, 01:58:34 PM
It seems that Charles Spencer is estranged with the twins.

It's sad but considering the history between Charles and his first wife Victoria, I'm not surprised.

LouisFerdinand

LouisFerdinand

Blue Clover

Its sad news that the Earl is estranged from his children. He has so many children. I don't think he had a good role model in his father.

LouisFerdinand

Having seen the short videdo on Greg and Lady Amelia's wedding I now know that Amelia did not wear the Spencer Honeysuckle Tiara.

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on March 26, 2023, 08:33:32 PM
Having seen the short videdo on Greg and Lady Amelia's wedding I now know that Amelia did not wear the Spencer Honeysuckle Tiara.

Well, she would have had to ask her father to loan it for the wedding and obviously she didn?t as they are seemingly estranged. Lady Kitty didn?t wear a family tiara either, nor did her father attend her wedding. It didn?t help that both weddings were held abroad, one in Italy, this one in South Africa. The insurance costs involved in transporting heirloom tiaras overseas would have been horrendous.

If either party had been speaking to each other at the time then the weddings might have been held in England, but they obviously weren?t.

At first, when Kitty pronounced herself in love and became engaged I thought Charles Spencer?s silence on the subject might have been due to disapproval of the age gap. Michael Lewis is older than his father in law. However, it obviously wasn?t as he didn?t turn up to the wedding in South Africa either. And Greg Mallet is thirty, the same age as Amelia. Charles has obviously got a muck on the pluck about something, and I wouldn?t be surprised if it goes back to the closeness of the children of his first marriage to their mother Victoria, and the son of her second marriage, Samuel. It will be interesting to see what happens when his son and heir Louis marries, the son of his marriage to Victoria. If Charles doesn?t attend that wedding either, then obvious inferences can be drawn. 

However, as far as Louis is concerned, there is this from his father in 2022.

Charles Spencer on Instagram: "My son, Louis, graduated today from @artsedlondon with a First-class degree. He was selected as his year?s

TLLK

Congratulations to the newlyweds!  :flower3:

wannable

Charles Spencer
@cspencer1508

Christmas at ⁦@AlthorpHouse⁩  - the tree in the Saloon today, looking festive.

sara8150

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13179175/Princess-Dianas-niece-Kitty-Spencer-33-reveals-shes-welcomed-child-husband-Michael-Lewis-65.html
Kitty Spencer wanted kept private on her child's gender and birth date but cant share in public out of respect I understand same Pippa and James Middleton's children on child's private gender and birth details but cant share details but I didn't know she pregnant

Curryong

Kitty has had a little girl. Apparently one of Kitty's sisters spoke about her 'little niece' on SM.

LouisFerdinand

Congratulations to Kitty and Michael on the birth of their daughter!

Blue Clover

Two pieces of news about the Spencers today. Kitty's baby girl and some disturbing news about Earl Spencer being abused when he was at boarding school.