Scotland will be independent one day, say 70% of Scots

Started by snokitty, March 16, 2015, 09:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snokitty

Scotland will be independent one day, say 70% of Scots - The National
SCOTLAND will become an independent country, according to the views of thousands of people questioned throughout the UK in a major academic study.

North of the Border, 69% of those quizzed thought Scotland will at some point leave the Union, while that was also the view of 59% of those who took part in the research project in England and Northern Ireland. In Wales 54% reached the same conclusion. The findings are from a survey of more than 7,000 voters across the UK by a team of researchers from the University of Edinburgh and will send shock waves through the anti-independence parties who campaigned to persuade Scots to stay in the UK. September 18 last year saw 55% to 45% of Scots vote to remain in the Union.

But the referendum also sparked a renewal of grassroots political activity and interest and the study found that legacy was continuing to impact on the level of engagement Scots have with politics.

It found 76% of people in Scotland said they will vote in May's election, compared to 63% in England, 64% in Wales and 55% in Northern Ireland.

The contrast was bigger among young people, with 65% of 18 and 19-year-olds in Scotland saying they will vote, compared to just 34% in England.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty

cate1949

yup - agree - bet they do eventually choose independence.  Sort of inevitable

snokitty

Many of them believe they did vote for Independence and some fancy work with the ballots cheated them.
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too"      Voltaire

I can see humor in most things & I would rather laugh than cry.    Snokitty