The Belgian Monarchy Current Events

Started by Jennifer, February 18, 2017, 01:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisFerdinand

Why is the Belgian Royal Family wearing face coverings when they are riding bicycles in the outdoors?

Curryong

Quote from: LouisFerdinand on September 20, 2020, 11:10:02 PM
Why is the Belgian Royal Family wearing face coverings when they are riding bicycles in the outdoors?

I imagine it's an extra precaution against Coronavirus. We here in Victoria are doing the same. Either that or there's a lot of smog in the atmosphere!

Amabel2

obviously setting a good example since a lot of people dont want to wear masks

Curryong

I usually don't mind the way Queen Matilde dresses, even though she has been criticised by others over the years for being too formal. But sequinned silver pants! She probably doesn't mind King Philippe's multi coloured casual outfits either, lol.

PrincessOfPeace

The King presents the blue beret to the students of the peloton which includes Her Royal Highness Princess Elisabeth. The formal opening of the academic year of the ERM will take place on October 8.

L'Avenir - Remise du b?ret bleu ? la princesse ?lisabeth - YouTube

Pics: TT Nyhetsbyr?n

Macrobug67

Way to go, Elizabeth.

Now the real stuff starts.  Fingers crossed.  I think she will do fine

Blue Clover

The children in this family seem to do very well. Princess Elizabeth is quite impressive.

PrincessOfPeace

Delphine, the illegitimate daughter of King Albert II of the Belgians, is now Princess Delphine of Belgium, the Brussels Court of Appeal has decided.

TLLK

WOW!!! Oh my I was not sure that Delphine would be now HRH Princess Delphine of Belgium. However IMHO she is a near double of her  late paternal grandmother Queen Astrid and Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte. She is also very similar to Princess Marie Astrid.

Curryong

That is a very strange pronouncement for the illegitimate progeny of a King, isn't it? The only other case I can remember is in the Monaco RF when one of Rainier's forebears was voluntarily legitimised by her father the ruling Prince, because he had no other heirs.

I'm not sure that King Phillipe will be particularly pleased, bringing back as it does, his childhood and youth when much of his father's attention went away from his legitimate offspring. Though apparently Delphine is to be left money by Albert she is not in the line of succession, and whoever draws up House Rules as to which individuals are regarded by the RF and Court as in the family and who is definitely not might have to go back to the drawing board!

Amabel2

It has been decided by a court, not by the King.. and I think its due to a general shift in the legal field.. that children born outside wedlock have to have the same rights as children born in wedlock.  But it doesn't seem to have taken all that long to decide, so presumably the RF have resigned themselves to knowing that she will be given a title

Curryong

Yes, I know it was a Court desk ion that prompted this. I've been following it on another forum. It is still an unusual decision, even for this day and age, especially the bestowing of an HRH. Nevertheless, the Belgian Royal House also has records which show which of the family bears the name Saxe Coburg for example, which members are of the inner core of the family and ducal designation etc, such as Brabant, and who are extended members, just bearing name and rank alone.

Amabel2

Quote from: Curryong on October 04, 2020, 03:10:24 PM
Yes, I know it was a Court desk ion that prompted this. I've been following it on another forum. It is still an unusual decision, even for this day and age, especially the bestowing of an HRH. Nevertheless, the Belgian Royal House also has records which show which of the family bears the name Saxe Coburg for example, which members are of the inner core of the family and ducal designation etc, such as Brabant, and who are extended members, just bearing name and rank alone.
yes but It seem that the RF are willing to allow the court to decide.. Unless they appeal the court ruling and that might be controversial.... Of  course it is unusual.. but it seem to me that the mood of the country must be in favour.....or the court could not see any reason to deny  her the title

TLLK

The Military Academy's Openning Ceremonies for the academic year. Princess Elisabeth's family came for the event.  :Jen:

Opening Ceremony Of The Academic Year October 8 Bilder und Fotos - Getty Images,%202020&sort=newest#license

LouisFerdinand

What specific military jacket is King Philippe wearing?

PrincessOfPeace

King Philippe of Belgium has met his half-sister Princess Delphine de Saxe-Cobourg Gotha for the first time - after she was finally recognised as former king Albert II daughter following a lengthy legal battle.

King Philippe of Belgium meets his half-sister Princess Delphine for first time | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

Official social media account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGXcdWUnANA/

QuoteOn Friday 9 October, we met each other for the first time at the Castle of Laken. It was a warm encounter. This long and rich discussion gave us the opportunity to learn to know each other. We talked about our respective lives and areas of shared interest. This bond will further develop within the family setting.

Philippe & Delphine

Good for King Phillipe and Princess Delphine to meet. I hope that she and her family will have the opportunity to further their relationship with her half-siblings if this is what they desire.

wannable

Very interesting and forward thinking. It's the best humane thing the king did.

@TLLK can you report on the latest biggest crowds ever protest Thailand royals, oh dear A Katniss Everdeen Hunger games hand signal protest. And with reason!

TLLK

Princess Elisabeth sends her thanks for birthday wishes in Flemish, French, German and English :bday7: via the Royal Family Instagram account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGwXyrlnUFV/

PrincessOfPeace

A photograph released by the palace today shows Princess Delphine de Saxe-Cobourg sitting socially-distanced alongside Albert II and his wife Queen Paola in their home Castle Belvedere in Laeken on Sunday.

Belgium's hidden princess sits beside former King Albert for first time | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

This is wonderful news! While it might have been awkward for Albert, Paola and Delphine I am glad that the three have met.

PrincessOfPeace

Europes newest princess, 17, only just received her title on Oct. 2, but she has already stepped up to the royal plate, donating almost 18 inches - of her flowing auburn locks to Think Pink, the national breast cancer campaign of Belgium.

Inside The Life of Europe's Teen Princess Josephine of Belgium | PEOPLE.com

Macrobug67

I like this family - in particular, Elizabeth.  I think she is doing well as heir.  And holy smokes did El?onore grow up in the last few months.