The Education and preparation of the Wales Children

Started by TLLK, March 24, 2017, 11:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on June 22, 2023, 02:55:02 PM
Reading the Admission for Eton, parents/boy HAVE to visit the school age 9.  Prince George will study at Eton.

I wouldn't be surprised if Princess Charlotte goes to Wycombe Abbey School, 30 minutes from Windsor and their admission is similar for this all girls school.  Trivia: school ranking #1. Their A levels has an average of 85.5%, that is a very healthy and excellent academic result.

The ranking of UK schools from 1 to 10 is so tight between 85.5 which is the above all girl school (gorgeous buildings and grounds) to Eton #8 A levels at 81%.

Knowing that the boys have to visit by this age even though they have another 3 years before they'd start, I tend to believe that this visit was so that George could apply there if he wanted to do so. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wales family are considering other schools too.

HistoryGirl2

^It?s always good to have options. Especially if he tours another school and falls in love with it.

TLLK

Exactly and I wouldn't rule out the Wales considering schools that some of George's classmates/friends are interested in too as long as they're a solid match for his academics/security/extra curricular etc..

HistoryGirl2

^Very well-rounded approach; something I tend to expect from the Waleses when it comes to their children.

TLLK

Yes I believe that the Wales will definitely be looking at a wide range of choices that are potentially the best fit for George, Charlotte and Louis who likely have different needs than their siblings.

Overall I have to say that the most of HLM and the DoE's children (Anne/Andrew/Edward and spouses) seemed to take a more well-rounded/balanced approach to their children's education by truly considering their child's personalities and educational needs. The Wales seem to be following the approach of William's aunt and uncles IMO.

HistoryGirl2

^Yeah, a bit more relaxed. I think consideration with direct heirs tends to be a bit more extensive because of their position, but based on how they raise their children, I think they?ll put George?s happiness and personal wellbeing above anything else.

That being said, I don?t see any reason to suspect that Eton wouldn?t tick all the boxes in that regard either.

sara8150

Do poor people go to Eton College?
QuoteEton College was founded by King Henry VI in 1440 with the specific purpose of educating 70 poor scholars. These days you don't need to be poor to go to Eton.

What age do boys start at Eton College?
Eton College is an independent boarding school for boys aged 13-18 founded by King Henry VI in 1440 in the parish of Eton, near Windsor, England.

Why girl cant go to Eton College?
QuoteBecause it's a boys only school. It's also not the top boys only school, it's third after Westminster School and St Paul's School - London. In the girls only schools, Wycombe Abbey School also achieved better grades than Eton College. Some people believe that genders learn better when they are educated separately.

Will Eton go coed?
?Co-ed is the strong trend. There are only a handful of all-boys boarding schools left.? Eton, perhaps Britain's most famous school, is, of course, still among them. ?But even there, it's been rumoured Eton will go co-ed in a decade ? strongly denied by the school itself,? says Prof Smithers.

Are Girls allowed at Eton College?
QuoteEton is one of only three public schools?along with Harrow (1572) and Radley (1847)?to have retained the boys-only, boarding-only tradition, which means that its boys live at the school seven days a week.

PrincessOfPeace

Marlborough and Wellington are my picks. William and Catherine are doing the prudent thing and probably exploring many different schools.

sara8150

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on June 23, 2023, 05:32:43 PM
Marlborough and Wellington are my picks. William and Catherine are doing the prudent thing and probably exploring many different schools.

We have wait and see but William and Catherine makes decisions to shipped George and Louis to Eton College same William,Harry and Spencer family tradition don?t you remember when King Charles was young and late Duke of Edinburgh shipped to Gordonstoun and when young King Charles got bullied at school but NOW King Charles will not shipped his grandchildren to his alumni

Charlotte will send to Catherine?s alumni we have wait and see up to William and Catherine?s decision what best for their children education nearby Windsor Castle and Middleton also

sara8150

Could Princess Charlotte be one of the first ever girls to attend Eton? | Daily Mail Online
I don?t think so!! But Eton College is very strict for boys only but no coed but Charlotte will go to Catherine?s old school but Eton College is very strict only boy we have wait and see up to William and Catherine?s decision

TLLK

Summer term for 2023 has ended and school will not resume until September 6, 2023
Term Dates - Lambrook

TLLK

Prince George turns 10: How the Royals are raising the future King - YouTube

QuoteCamilla Tominey, Associate Editor at the Telegraph dives into how the Wales will tackle raising their three children.

In this Royal Insight episode, she discusses how social media and teenage years will play a big part of how both the Prince and Princess of Wales will bring up their children.

wannable

TLLK

I agree and it's interesting to note that her youngest child is about one month younger than George. She describes being heavi pregnant with him and waiting outside the Lindo Wing in the sweltering heat waiting for the announcement.

The adolescent years are challenging for most parents and their teens, so going forward it's going to be interesting to see the Wales' parenting skills and choices.
So far their peers in most of the world's monarchies have had a smooth path and no major social media scandals.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 26, 2023, 04:26:15 PM
Very balanced opinion.

It?s not going to be while the Wales children are under 15 that any troubles may occur. It?s very easy for parents and the Palace  to stage manage any tantrums at that age and make sure there?s good behaviour. George appears to be an obedient child at the moment. If he decides to not play the royal game in his 20s then the Palace will face problems. George?s life seems that it will be set in stone at the moment. Not so his sister and brother.

Wont be so easy when for instance Louis or Charlotte reaches 18 to 22 and want to go to clubs and pubs with his/her mates, environments where alcohol and some drugs are available.  It is far more likely imo that any complications in these children?s lives are going to develop more in their late teens and early twenties, especially for the spares.

Hard decisions are going to have to be made as to what the two younger children are going to do with their lives. Louis may want to go fly helicopters in the RAF, but what if for instance Charlotte wants to be a painter or an actress and lead a bit of a bohemian lifestyle?  What if neither she nor Louis want a life of public duties at all, or she or Louis like being in the spotlight a bit too much? And what if a girlfriend/ boyfriend for any of them looms up and is considered ?unsuitable? in their twenties and God forbid, as far as the Palace is concerned, the royal chooses to stay with them.

Even if George never rebels in his entire lifetime and chooses to stolidly follow the dull royal route, it doesn?t mean that his choice of friends and wife won?t matter. And it shouldn?t be forgotten that Margaret, Andrew and Harry were all presented as idealised and well brought up children, washed and brushed and polished. Yet all three of them faced different challenges in their lives as adults and none of them led or have led particularly happy or contented lives as spares. And that?s something that?s not going to be able to be stage managed by parents, the Palace or anybody else. .

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on July 26, 2023, 04:41:26 PM
I agree and it's interesting to note that her youngest child is about one month younger than George. She describes being heavi pregnant with him and waiting outside the Lindo Wing in the sweltering heat waiting for the announcement.

The adolescent years are challenging for most parents and their teens, so going forward it's going to be interesting to see the Wales' parenting skills and choices.
So far their peers in most of the world's monarchies have had a smooth path and no major social media scandals.

It?s worth pointing out that most of those monarchies don?t have a tabloid Press like the British nor an absolutely voracious readership in the English- speaking world that chews over every bit of information and gossip, true or untrue and discusses it on social media ad nauseum.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on July 27, 2023, 12:23:21 AM
It?s worth pointing out that most of those monarchies don?t have a tabloid Press like the British nor an absolutely voracious readership in the English- speaking world that chews over every bit of information and gossip, true or untrue and discusses it on social media ad nauseum.

Spain has a similar type of tabloid press and a large readership that includes the other Spanish speaking nations. The Scandinavian monarchies have their own tabloids, but apparently it's the German ones that seem to be an irritant to them as well as the Benelux monarchies too.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on July 27, 2023, 11:19:20 AM
Spain has a similar type of tabloid press and a large readership that includes the other Spanish speaking nations. The Scandinavian monarchies have their own tabloids, but apparently it's the German ones that seem to be an irritant to them as well as the Benelux monarchies too.

Yes of course the Spanish Press, especially their magazines, are gossipy, insulting and muckraking, and German magazines aren?t far behind. However, those countries do not have daily tabloids like the Fail, Sun, Express, etc coming out every day with stories about royals which may or may not be true and who target one sort of royal and set another up for sainthood. The only other RF the US Press were interested in beside the BRF were Grace?s children when they were young. (And Yes, the Spanish have done that with Sofia vs Letizia, but that?s exceptional.).

When you add the huge English speaking market of North America and Commonwealth countries as well, that encompasses many millions of people and they concentrate on the BRF for the most part. And that will occur more and more with the Wales children in the next ten-twenty years. You can almost feel the British media gearing up for it. I wouldn?t want to be those kids for all the money in the world. Any missteps in their teens and twenties and the spares will get it in the neck via nasty news reports and SM and the Palace will protect the heir as much as possible.

You could tell what British tabloids are about when the only thing they were interested in about the Danish monarchy recently was that Queen Daisy had demoted some of her grandchildren and there was a possibility of a family feud. And when you also get SM going hammer and tongs throughout the Internet, as they do about some royals then it definitely focuses on the British royals and will in the future.

wannable

I like Camilla Tominey's balanced view because she is not 'predicting' or wishing away negatives. She basically balanced the view by stating that teenager years ''may'' be difficult. Broken families have it harder, stats.

Catherine comes from a very stable and tight family unit. William is very lucky.

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on July 27, 2023, 12:17:29 PM
Yes of course the Spanish Press, especially their magazines, are gossipy, insulting and muckraking, and German magazines aren?t far behind. However, those countries do not have daily tabloids like the Fail, Sun, Express, etc coming out every day with stories about royals which may or may not be true and who target one sort of royal and set another up for sainthood. The only other RF the US Press were interested in beside the BRF were Grace?s children when they were young. (And Yes, the Spanish have done that with Sofia vs Letizia, but that?s exceptional.).

When you add the huge English speaking market of North America and Commonwealth countries as well, that encompasses many millions of people and they concentrate on the BRF for the most part. And that will occur more and more with the Wales children in the next ten-twenty years. You can almost feel the British media gearing up for it. I wouldn?t want to be those kids for all the money in the world. Any missteps in their teens and twenties and the spares will get it in the neck via nasty news reports and SM and the Palace will protect the heir as much as possible.

You could tell what British tabloids are about when the only thing they were interested in about the Danish monarchy recently was that Queen Daisy had demoted some of her grandchildren and there was a possibility of a family feud. And when you also get SM going hammer and tongs throughout the Internet, as they do about some royals then it definitely focuses on the British royals and will in the future.

Based upon what I read, it seems that the Spanish and British tabloid press are very similar in their sensational headlines as well as their "investigative reporting."
Now when it comes to Social Media discussion, I can't honestly say which is worse as I don't follow Spanish language social media.

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on July 27, 2023, 12:36:24 PM
I like Camilla Tominey's balanced view because she is not 'predicting' or wishing away negatives. She basically balanced the view by stating that teenager years ''may'' be difficult. Broken families have it harder, stats.

Catherine comes from a very stable and tight family unit. William is very lucky.

Yes I agree that William has been fortunate to have the Middletons in his life in order to observe what life as a stable family unit is like when compared to his own upbringing. I would tend to believe that the couple do turn to Mike and Carole for advice on child-rearing and will continue to do so through the Wales' kids adolescence and young adulthood. 

wannable

^^The United Kingdom is ranked one of the worst for ''press freedom''. So basically, half of the job for a public person is done. The other half depends on the public person's behaviour out in the wild.

Read carefully how I'm wording it: ranking of press freedom. The UK is listed one of the worst, hence my next sentence. Imagine if they lived at a country where the Press Freedom ranking is one of the best?! The higher the troubles out in public for the public family or the public individual. NDA's to everyone life or carry on as 'gentleman's agreement of let my kids go to school, don't invade, I will give you pictures and access to events where they will be present'.  IMO the latter. The outdoor teenager/20's activities is normal for that age, parental guidance to not getting 'sloppy' at such normal activities at that age will be/is KEY!!!

HistoryGirl2

Quote from: TLLK on July 27, 2023, 02:45:36 PM
Yes I agree that William has been fortunate to have the Middletons in his life in order to observe what life as a stable family unit is like when compared to his own upbringing. I would tend to believe that the couple do turn to Mike and Carole for advice on child-rearing and will continue to do so through the Wales' kids adolescence and young adulthood.

Agreed. Their marriage is also stable and they're both very involved in their children?s upbringing which definitely helps. No marriage, relationship, or family is perfect, and nothing can guarantee that your children will turn out to be balanced, healthy adults with mental fortitude. But having all of that stability definitely helps.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 27, 2023, 02:57:46 PM
^^The United Kingdom is ranked one of the worst for ''press freedom''. So basically, half of the job for a public person is done. The other half depends on the public person's behaviour out in the wild.

Read carefully how I'm wording it: ranking of press freedom. The UK is listed one of the worst, hence my next sentence. Imagine if they lived at a country where the Press Freedom ranking is one of the best?! The higher the troubles out in public for the public family or the public individual. NDA's to everyone life or carry on as 'gentleman's agreement of let my kids go to school, don't invade, I will give you pictures and access to events where they will be present'.  IMO the latter. The outdoor teenager/20's activities is normal for that age, parental guidance to not getting 'sloppy' at such normal activities at that age will be/is KEY!!!

I would say to all the above that ?guiding?, monitoring and supervising your offspring?s activities when they are in their late teens, early twenties would be/ is extremely difficult to do, especially in the SM age when everyone has a cell phone with a camera and this is a famous young person that?s plunging into an independent life. It depends on which environment they?re in and what sort of friends they have. People in their early twenties don?t always follow their parents? advice anyway. In fact a person?s peers become much more important from the mid teens on.

And the fact that some friends may well be aristos is no guarantee that everyone, including the young royal, will behave ?appropriately? at all times at parties, in clubs, on holidays etc. Plus, you can have all the Press agreements between parents, Palace and the Press, that you want, but once the Prince/Princess leaves University or military college all bets are off as far as the media is concerned.