Katherine Jenkins is a vision in stunning laser cut dress at the Epsom Derby

Started by PrincessOfPeace, June 07, 2014, 06:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

Katherine Jenkins OBE is a favourite of the BRF

QuoteShe was barely recognisable when she stepped out make-up free, and with significantly darker hair, during a visit to a BP garage on Thursday – but Katherine Jenkins was back on form as she made an entrance at the Epsom Derby.

The Welsh mezzo-soprano looked stunning in a breezy pleated Oscar De La Renta dress with a distinctive black waistband that drew attention to her slender frame.

Its sleeveless detail gave Katherine, 33, the opportunity to show off her nicely toned arms as she made her way onto Epsom Downs ahead of the race on overcast Saturday afternoon.
More: Katherine Jenkins is a vision in stunning laser cut dress at the Epsom Derby | Mail Online

cinrit

For those of us in the U.S. who don't follow opera, she's mainly known for having sung and then been a contestant on "Dancing with the Stars".  I believe she came in second, but I thought she should've won.

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

cate1949

she is a pretty woman - but I do dislike laser cut - think it looks cheap - the dress to me is just all wrong.  The hat is nice though!

Limabeany

"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Macrobug

I have always assumed it meant using a laser to cut the fabric.  Especially useful for precise repetitive patterns in leather.

Victoria Beckham | Quincy laser-cut leather tote | NET-A-PORTER.COM   I want this purse :vday4:
GNU Terry Pratchett

ohsillyme

Wow, I always thought she and Adam would reunite. I did not realize she was engaged to someone else!

Re: Laser cutting in fashion "Cutting fabric with a laser produces "sealed" seams without fraying. Multiple layers of fabric can be laser cut into designs that are impossible to achieve with traditional cutting methods. Fabric can also be laser engraved to produce unique effects."