William's Choice of Bride - does it matter?

Started by Ytsken, September 04, 2008, 12:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trudie

Sandy your right Wills does seem to treat Kate as a duty. However Kate is a duty of his own making. Kate wasn't presented to him from a list of Aristocratic women like all the brides were vetted for his father. I rather get the impression that all the pressure from the media is what is holding him back from either marrying her or letting her go.

QueenK

Quote from: leogirl on September 07, 2008, 12:46:34 AM
I doubt he will. She'd be too sophisticated for him.

Why would a university student be too sophisticated, he was one once himself?
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Palace party

Didn't he say that he would propose at the end of the year like in December 2008?
Well it is not December yet.
:flower: :flower:

Palace party

Williams choice of bride should it matter?

Well it should only matter to William.

So no it does not matter.

Trudie

Quote from: QueenK on September 07, 2008, 10:37:44 PM
Why would a university student be too sophisticated, he was one once himself?

Most european uni students have extensively traveled before uni not been cocooned in royal palaces with a set calendar.

Trudie

Quote from: Palace party on September 07, 2008, 11:05:42 PM
Williams choice of bride should it matter?

Well it should only matter to William.

So no it does not matter.

Well it appears that Charles second choice didn't matter and it's sloppy seconds at that, so who is anyone to say Willies choice of a bride should matter.  :snob:

Palace party

It should matter to William. Meaning if he marries who he loves then he won't end up divorced.
Duhhhhhh :flower: :flower:

Trudie

That was my point Palace Party the only person it should matter to is William. I don't understand why so many people can embrace Cammy and bash Kate.

Palace party

They have high hopes for the future.
:flower:

leogirl

I doubt it. I predict the monarchy will be over soon. Probably after Elizabeth II passes away (long live the queen!), it will be over. Charles and Camilla? William and Catherine? I'm not seeing a bright future.

fawbert

The transfer of power on the death of the sovereign is swift and sure thereby killing any opposition to the new King. If Her Majesty keeled over and died today then the Accession Council would take place in the morning with the new King proclaimed throughout the land by lunchtime.

Parliament would meet to pay tribute to the late Queen & then go into recess until after the funeral of Elizabeth II, and of course any discussion or debate on the monarchy in the chamber of the House of Commons in strictly forbidden.
Fawbert

leogirl

Interesting, fawbert. But it's very hard to tell. What you described was how it was done 50+ years ago, when Elizabeth II became Queen. The world is a very different place now. Who knows what will happen? Only time will tell.