Books written about and by the Sussexes Part 3.

Started by TLLK, January 08, 2023, 02:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

The Victim narrative, hence they intentionally don't say the full story, half truth, a full lie, a fantasy, take your pick, followed by the precious arts, the royal collection furniture at KP A1 Waleses to engross the reader, watcher, the fan ''I'm a victim''. (William and Kate lived in Nott Cot for 2 years) but Harry says, 'I don't know who lived here, it must have been really short people (but when W&K married and moved to Nott Cot, Harry would hang out with them, then when W&K moved to KPA1, Harry would go breakfast, lunch or dinner frequently, he was single whilst W&K had already George, Maria the Nanny, the housekeeper...) see the cut off parts that are not mentioned. The book is littered with these type of examples.

The ghostwriter is superb, the words are filled with the dramatic effect needed, like with Harry's recollection of the QUeen Mother's death. I was at school, the sun was setting, I felt the warmth, I was all alone, a courtier arrived and told me the news. LOL (My brain is half fried combined with I have to keep up with the victim narrative, William doesn't want to hang out with me) Meanwhile, the real Harold was hugging Pa and Willy at the Klosters Ski Resort.  :orchid:

TLLK

It is interesting that the  fact that the Wales lived there right up for at least 2 years is glossed over at times.  Harry's aunt Jane and her husband had lived there too.

wannable

And immediately after the Cambridges then 2013 (2 years, married 2011) moved out of Nott Cott to A1, Harry moved from CH boy room to Nott Cott (5 minute drive from Clarence House to Nott Cott with his clothing because he stayed with W&K Not Cott furniture)!

Before Harry/After Harold is that before the real Harry said to visit W&K, eat frequently with them at both abodes (NC and A1), to the after Harold, 'whoever lived there, I don't' know who, must have been short'. 🤯

The nagging, whining, poking must (I'm 100% sure) so intense, that after 1 year, Queen's hair was electrocuted, Charles hand was poof like a balloon, they moved to the reconstructed/remodelled Frogmore Cottage.
My 100% source: Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead (click) planning and building control (click) fill in the blank, it's free for public interest Frogmore Cottage, more than a dozen reconstruction/remodelling in a historical context with Royal Crown Estate property, you guessed another FIRST and quickest for Harry. How to create a spoiled monster.

changemhysoul

Prince Harry's memoir sold 3.2-plus million copies globally in its first week on sale, according to his publisher. NPD BookScan reported U.S. print sales of 630,000 copies, while in the UK, Nielsen Bookscan reported sales of 467,000 copies

https://twitter.com/xanalter/status/1616158531597500437

wannable

That means Penguin Random House recovered (and made moneys) the first part of their invested money on Harry

USD5M divided by 3,200,000 sold books = USD1.56 per book, but the real cost is, to play it safe, half priced from the original cost = recovery of 1/4 of the investment of USD20M deal of 4 books, 1 book out would be USD5M.

Congratulations
(BRF Thrown under the bus xoxo  :hehe: )

Kristeh-H

I know Harry says Meghan was sobbing on the floor after the bridesmaid dresses issue with Catherine, but did she cry on the floor any other time?

Kristeh-H

Quote from: TLLK on January 19, 2023, 07:46:42 PM
I have never understood why the Ikea furniture was an issue while the couple lived at NC.

I don't understand the IKEA furniture issue either, but I'm guessing it is either a smear at William and Catherine (Look how fancy-schmancy they are while we are so down to earth), or it's part of the Cinderella theme Harry believes.  Or maybe both.   

TLLK

Quote from: Kristeh-H on January 19, 2023, 11:36:27 PM
I know Harry says Meghan was sobbing on the floor after the bridesmaid dresses issue with Catherine, but did she cry on the floor any other time?

I was under the impression that she was found "sobbing on the floor" a few times, but I could be mistaken.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on January 19, 2023, 09:35:24 PM
That means Penguin Random House recovered (and made moneys) the first part of their invested money on Harry

USD5M divided by 3,200,000 sold books = USD1.56 per book, but the real cost is, to play it safe, half priced from the original cost = recovery of 1/4 of the investment of USD20M deal of 4 books, 1 book out would be USD5M.

Congratulations
(BRF Thrown under the bus xoxo  :hehe: )

There were a great many books, e-books and audio books that weren?t on sale however, and those sort of deals are common when a prestige book is about to be published. I?ve seen Obama and Mohelle?s books undergo the same process before the publication release date.

I bought through Kindle on Amazon (simply because for me it is more convenient nowadays for me. I have too many full bookcases.) I paid the full price for Kindle. I know thirty people of my acquaintance and extended family who bought on publication or pre-ordered before publication and NOT ONE of them bought the book on sales.

I asked them specifically that question because of the wittering on this thread from you that Penguin wouldn?t make its money back on ?Spare? and the inferences since (because your speculations were proven to be wrong within a week) that it is only a best seller because the majority of the books have been sold at half price or less. Which is not only untrue but frankly ridiculous!

I asked my husband?s friend who still has a lot of contacts in the book trade after Xmas about how he thought Harry?s book would do, and he told me the direct opposite of your speculative posts on here.

So I guess one of the two of you was completely wrong about how Spare would sell, and guess what, it wasn?t my  husband?s friend!

TLLK

Quote from: Kristeh-H on January 19, 2023, 11:41:16 PM
I don't understand the IKEA furniture issue either, but I'm guessing it is either a smear at William and Catherine (Look how fancy-schmancy they are while we are so down to earth), or it's part of the Cinderella theme Harry believes.  Or maybe both.   

Personally I believe that  the Ikea furniture was  a sound decision as their pieces are often time scaled for smaller rooms/spaces like those at NC. Besides Sussexes knew that they were going to move eventually and would be decorating and furnishing Frogmore Cottage in the future. Reportedly there is a warehouse of sorts that holds the art work, accessories, furniture, rugs etc...that members of the BRF can make use of if they don't mind  the style or taste of previous owners.  Kensington Palace has seen a large number of residents come and go over the centuries, so eventually someone else will occupy NC and bump their heads on the ceiling if they're over six feet tall.

TLLK

While Americans certainly have no say in determining the future of the Sussexes' titles, the shift in opinions that took place over the last six weeks was astonishing to me.

Now Americans Think Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Should Lose Their Titles

QuoteAlmost half of Americans believe Prince Harry and Meghan Markle should be stripped of their royal titles, in a dramatic about-turn on a long-standing controversial subject, exclusive polling for Newsweek shows.

The couple were made the Duke and Duchess of Sussex when they married in May 2018 and they continue to refer to themselves using the titles, including on their Archewell website.

Calls have been growing in Britain for them to be stripped of the titles in the wake of their royal exit and in light of a major rift between the couple and the wider royal family.However, as recently as December 5 Americans didn't agree, with 43 percent saying they should keep the titles and 27 percent saying they should lose them.

Those figures have turned upside down in just over a month, with 45 percent now in favor of Harry and Meghan being stripped of their titles, 26 percent opposed and 28 percent responding "don't know," according to the polling by Redfield & Wilton for Newsweek.

The swing follows the release of Prince Harry's memoir Spare and his publicity tour around the book, as well as the broadcast of their Netflix documentary Harry & Meghan, in two parts, on December 8 and 15.

Since then, the world has learned a lot about Prince Harry, and not least of all his frost bitten crown jewels, after he described the memory of his mother wafting back to him as he applied her favored Elizabeth Arden lip cream "down there."

Kristeh-H

Quote from: TLLK on January 19, 2023, 11:58:56 PM
I was under the impression that she was found "sobbing on the floor" a few times, but I could be mistaken.

If true, that is quite dramatic.  Most people outgrow that by the time they start school.

Curryong

She was also found by Harry sobbing in bed at night. And in case it should be thought that ?Meghan is an actress, she can cry at will? then Valentine Low?s observation on his Twitter page that the summer before the Sussexes left England he had been told (by sources) she ?was in a bad way? might be of interest. He is no friend of the Sussexes and the observation didn?t prevent him from fulfilling the biggest scoop of his career, the bullying allegations by staff of course, but at least he mentioned it.

Curryong

Quote from: Kristeh-H on January 20, 2023, 12:11:07 AM
If true, that is quite dramatic.  Most people outgrow that by the time they start school.

That isn?t so at all. I?m retired now but I was a social worker for decades and I?d hate to think of the numbers of adults of all ages and both sexes, some of them curled up into balls. who have sobbed their hearts out in my office over the years. Everybody is capable of weeping when a crisis hits, when they are feeling miserable however old they are.

Kristeh-H

Quote from: TLLK on January 20, 2023, 12:08:58 AM
Personally I believe that  the Ikea furniture was  a sound decision as their pieces are often time scaled for smaller rooms/spaces like those at NC. Besides Sussexes knew that they were going to move eventually and would be decorating and furnishing Frogmore Cottage in the future. Reportedly there is a warehouse of sorts that holds the art work, accessories, furniture, rugs etc...that members of the BRF can make use of if they don't mind  the style or taste of previous owners.  Kensington Palace has seen a large number of residents come and go over the centuries, so eventually someone else will occupy NC and bump their heads on the ceiling if they're over six feet tall.

Oh I completely agree.  There's nothing wrong with Ikea furniture, and it might have been more sensible for Nott Cott.  But it just seems that the way Harry brought it up was simply to make people feel sorry for him and Meghan, and to seem as if they were being treated poorly. 

Kristeh-H

Quote from: Curryong on January 20, 2023, 12:21:50 AM
That isn?t so at all. I?m retired now but I was a social worker for decades and I?d hate to think of the numbers of adults of all ages and both sexes, some of them curled up into balls. who have sobbed their hearts out in my office over the years. Everybody is capable of weeping when a crisis hits, when they are feeling miserable however old they are.

Yes, of course everyone is capable of crying in a crisis-I have myself at the death of loved ones and other crises.  But a grown adult throwing themselves on the floor to cry still seems a bit melodramatic.   

Curryong

Quote from: Kristeh-H on January 20, 2023, 12:30:20 AM
Yes, of course everyone is capable of crying in a crisis-I have myself at the death of loved ones and other crises.  But a grown adult throwing themselves on the floor to cry still seems a bit melodramatic.

Nowhere does it say that Meghan ?threw herself on the floor?, in any sort of melodramatic fashion. A lot of young and youngish adults often sit on the floor in preference to chairs, talking, when using cell phones, reading magazines etc. especially ones from more informal societies than the British. I?ve seen it myself here in Australia. So I would imagine that Meghan was already seated on the floor when she began to cry.

Curryong

Harry?s book smashes Australian sales records.

Loading 3rd party ad content

Prince Harry?s memoir Spare sold more than 64,000 print copies in its first week in Australian bookshops, blitzing the previous record for the genre by nearly 45,000.

Nielsen BookScan, which surveys book retailers around the country, reported print sales of 64,150 in the seven days after Spare?s January 11 publication. Nielsen said the previous best-selling autobiography was by television commentator and former NRL player Darren Lockyer, which sold a mere 18,866 copies in its first week when it went on sale in 2011.

Nightowl

Quote from: changemhysoul on January 19, 2023, 04:30:19 PM
64,000 copies sold in Australia during the first week of Spare

That only says how much money Harry and Meghan are making, from the way I see it ..*MONEY is their GOD* oh, I know how that is, I was married to GOD at one time, Money was and still is the most important thing in the world to some, Trump is like that as are the Sussex's.  And in case of wondering, I did not get the money, I got something more important, my Freedom.  So here is a question, what does that *say* about Harry/

Nightowl

Quote from: Kristeh-H on January 19, 2023, 11:41:16 PM

As usual nobody informed Meghan that William and Catherine lived at KC before she and Harry did.  William is taller then Harry right so that remark about who lived there being short was done on purpose and another dig at William by Harry as I am darn sure Harry knew where his brother and wife lived as he VISITED them at KC.....that is just another LIE by Harry.  My question.....why are people so accepting of Harry and Meghan's LIES? Being known as a LAIR shows the type of person you are and that is not a way to make friends and heal wounds.  For those in the US, we all know that T stole 1.6 Billion from the taxpayers so would you vote for him again.....yet he is a LAIR also like Harry and Meghan. What is the deal with IKEA furniture, Harry apparently loved it when he was single living there and *cash poor* since when was Harry with out money? He had millions in the bank from his mother and his dad has and did pay him millions more........go buy your own darn furniture as a grown up man would. And Meghan using her money to improve the place, boy Harry played her for sure if she did that with all his money.

These two are just pitiful and a disgrace to the entire world, rich and famous for lying and backstabbing and living in a huge mansion crying broke all the way to the bank making millions more.......yep Money is their GOD for sure. 

Nightowl

Well Meghan is an actress and really knows how to reel them in to suit her purposes.....crying on the floor is a good way appear weak and desperate and lonely...great scene stealer on her part.  I honestly believe she played Harry for the fool he is and she won that gold Welsh ring as her prize.

Nightowl

Quote from: Curryong on January 20, 2023, 12:45:44 AM
Harry?s book smashes Australian sales records.

Prince Harry?s memoir Spare sold more than 64,000 print copies in its first week in Australian bookshops, blitzing the previous record for the genre by nearly 45,000.

Nielsen BookScan, which surveys book retailers around the country, reported print sales of 64,150 in the seven days after Spare?s January 11 publication. Nielsen said the previous best-selling autobiography was by television commentator and former NRL player Darren Lockyer, which sold a mere 18,866 copies in its first week when it went on sale in 2011.

Why is that so important?  What does that say about the character of Harry? A book of LIES makes money....sad

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on January 20, 2023, 05:59:48 AM

Why is that so important?  What does that say about the character of Harry? A book of LIES makes money....sad

You haven?t read it, not in its entirety, yet you aver that the book is full of lies. I think that?s sad actually.

Amabel2

Quote from: Kristeh-H on January 20, 2023, 12:11:07 AM
Agree.  Surely only small children throw themselves sobbing on the floor unless it is some terrible sudden tragedy and an adult collapses

Amabel2

Quote from: Curryong on January 20, 2023, 08:10:15 AM
You haven?t read it, not in its entirety, yet you aver that the book is full of lies. I think that?s sad actually.
Harry and Meghan have repeatedly lied, and changed their stories so it is very hard to beleive much of what they say.  Its rather similar, Im afraid with Diana.  She too exaggerated and downright lied at times and said different things at different times so it is hard to be sure when she was telling the truth.