The Sussexes and Family General chat

Started by sara8150, May 06, 2020, 02:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

I listened to Lorren?s interview on the Breakfast Club. Thanks for posting it. What a great interview! Her work at the Portland Hospital her first meeting with Harry who was barefoot and wearing jeans and how different Lorren found him from what she had expected, the hug etc. I hadn?t realised she had been widowed, had a grown daughter had left her Church. It was so interesting.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on January 23, 2023, 09:51:55 PM
I listened to Lorren?s interview on the Breakfast Club. Thanks for posting it. What a great interview! Her work at the Portland Hospital her first meeting with Harry who was barefoot and wearing jeans and how different Lorren found him from what she had expected, the hug etc. I hadn?t realised she had been widowed, had a grown daughter had left her Church. It was so interesting.

Np! And yes, she's lived such a full, if not painful life at times. And the goal she has open her shop is truly admirable. She seems to be a good person and I'm glad Harry and Meghan had someone like her to look after Archie.

I really enjoy the fact that the interview was centered around her and not a lot was given to the Sussex's, she sounds like she's going to have an amazing platform going forward and I'm happy she managed to realize her dream of working for them.

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on January 23, 2023, 10:09:02 PM
Np! And yes, she's lived such a full, if not painful life at times. And the goal she has open her shop is truly admirable. She seems to be a good person and I'm glad Harry and Meghan had someone like her to look after Archie.

I really enjoy the fact that the interview was centered around her and not a lot was given to the Sussex's, she sounds like she's going to have an amazing platform going forward and I'm happy she managed to realize her dream of working for them.

Yes, Lorren seems to have thoroughly enjoyed her time with the Sussexes. I?m sure she?ll always have happy memories. The big surprise for me is that for some reason I thought she was a young person in her twenties when I first heard about her, but she then talked about her adult daughter in this chat.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on January 23, 2023, 10:30:06 PM
Yes, Lorren seems to have thoroughly enjoyed her time with the Sussexes. I?m sure she?ll always have happy memories. The big surprise for me is that for some reason I thought she was a young person in her twenties when I first heard about her, but she then talked about her adult daughter in this chat.

Fair enough for her (along with good genes and probs a good skin-care plan) but she could've had her daughter young-ish? Like I'm 27 (turning 28 this year) and my mom had me when she was 16. So people are shocked that I'm her adult daughter.

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on January 23, 2023, 10:48:55 PM
Fair enough for her (along with good genes and probs a good skin-care plan) but she could've had her daughter young-ish? Like I'm 27 (turning 28 this year) and my mom had me when she was 16. So people are shocked that I'm her adult daughter.

Yes, it can happen like that. My elder daughter had my first grandchild when she was 19, and personally, as the only surviving child of older parents, I?m glad to see the warm closeness between my daughter and her daughter (who is your age exactly!) I do think that genetics has something to do with it as well. And my presumption somehow that Lorren would be a young nanny to Archie.

changemhysoul

Prince Harry was spotted walking with his childhood friend Nicky.

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on January 25, 2023, 03:49:27 PM
Prince Harry was spotted walking with his childhood friend Nicky.

I presume this is in or near Montecito? Even California would be a bit chilly in January!

wannable

Nicky Scott married Yuki Oshima  (daughter of a Japanese Billionaire) 2014, a few months before Harry and Cressida broke up.  I'm not sure Harry went to the wedding in Tokyo.

Nicky spends his year; London, Hawaii, Tokyo, making stopovers in LA, California.

changemhysoul

Quote from: Curryong on January 25, 2023, 07:23:20 PM
I presume this is in or near Montecito? Even California would be a bit chilly in January!

Yep in Montecito! As pictured above, he's buddled up a bit (and I call it a bit because I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold)

I wasn't sure about posting the photo or not, I was trying to find a news article that mentioned it and had photos. I thought I saw one on twitter but I couldn't find the photo.

TLLK

I know more than one poster is going to snicker and scoff (Yes you @Macrobug67!)  but it's a chilly 61 degrees Farenheit today in Montecito and that's typical for the region this time of year. (My daughter lived in Isla Vista next to UCSB for four years and found it damp and cold this time of year.)

Now Prince Harry seems to have quickly adapted to Central Coast weather in the past few years after life in the UK so I'm not surprised that he's bundled up. Meghan lived in Illinois and Toronto so she's lived in much colder climates. However the fog does linger along the coast and that just adds to the chill.

Montecito, CA Weather Conditions | Weather Underground

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on January 25, 2023, 08:32:59 PM
Yep in Montecito! As pictured above, he's buddled up a bit (and I call it a bit because I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold)

I wasn't sure about posting the photo or not, I was trying to find a news article that mentioned it and had photos. I thought I saw one on twitter but I couldn't find the photo.

Yes I hate the cold too. One of the reasons I migrated to Australia!

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on January 25, 2023, 08:43:01 PM

Yes! And you being from NORFOLK would know coastal cold!!!

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: changemhysoul on January 25, 2023, 08:32:59 PM

It's an intriguing photo...look at the three wrapped boxes he is carrying. It's also nice that he is just having a nice walk with a friend and doesn't look upset or serious.

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: Curryong on January 25, 2023, 08:43:01 PM
Guess you won't be moving to central New England, then! Although, we have had a warmer than usual January. It will be about 38F today. 

changemhysoul

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on January 27, 2023, 01:30:54 PM
Guess you won't be moving to central New England, then! Although, we have had a warmer than usual January. It will be about 38F today.

That is good, if your interested...I do believe, I saw a tweet that said it might be a book(s) called LOTUSLAND- Coffee Table Book

"A beautifully crafted volume on the world-renowned gardens of Lotusland?the first such book in more than two decades and the first ever magnificent tribute to this international treasure."

wannable

I'm going to post the will they won't they travel to the UK/Coronation in their general chat until May 6 (group event).

The Daily Express is making a 'government' claim this time.

Prince Harry and Meghan ARE invited to King's Coronation but have just weeks to respond
EXCLUSIVE: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been included on the Coronation guest list as the King is keen to make amends with his youngest son, it can be revealed.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will be invited to the King's Coronation this spring, it can be revealed. A detailed plan is underway to ensure the couple do not overshadow the proceedings in any way, a Whitehall source said, after Harry levelled allegations and criticism at the Royal Family in his memoir, Spare. ''They're on the list and planning is well underway to make sure the proceedings run as smooth as possible - without any drama'', they said.

The Palace is currently working in close consultation with No10 and the Foreign Office to finalise the guest list.

RSVP is mandatory until first week of April

Prince Harry and Meghan are on the King's Coronation guest list | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

I suppose a freed seat can be allocated to someone else if a person doesn't RSVP.

changemhysoul

this is a little random thing,

during the commercials for the superbowl, it featured photos of Harry and Meghan's wedding and the duo at the Jubilee

changemhysoul

a little random and happy but happy valentines day to everyone and a very special celebration for both Harry & Lili's pregnancy announcements. 

Curryong

Quote from: changemhysoul on February 13, 2023, 02:22:39 PM
this is a little random thing,

during the commercials for the superbowl, it featured photos of Harry and Meghan's wedding and the duo at the Jubilee

That?s lovely and reminders of past happy times!

wannable

Will they won't they, Coronation. Harry wants a meeting with Charles and William before leaving Montecito.

Harry and Meghan are 'undecided' about whether to attend the King's coronation as duke demands meeting with his father and Prince William before leaving his Montecito home
Harry and Meghan have not decided if they will attend the coronation in May
The couple are expected to be invited despite their fallout with the Royal Family

Daily Mirror

changemhysoul

They (the media) should just get over it. Whoever is in the royals PR camp should just let it go and stop talking about how Charles wants Harry there.
We're not not even at the end of the February. Honestly, Harry has already given everyone an out during his interviews and it can be blamed on him.

One, he stated him and his wife and therefore his kids are team. The media and whoever else going on about how only Harry is wanted back, sneaking him and out while Meghan stays behind and etc, isn't going endear him to coming.

Two, he already stated what he wanted, an apology to his wife and for the family to actually address the fact that they let information relating to him and his family leak constantly. (Giving up titles, stepping back, crying and etc.)

Three, he said without that, he won't be there.

Four, the royal PR, media and whoever and etc are saying the family won't do that.

Therefore, Harry and Meghan won't be there.

If they just firmly state that it won't be happening, there is no need to count the days, constantly put out articles, constant media-play. We have the answer. Harry wants an apology, they feel they don't need to give one (which is fine, I'm not here to argue that point, it is what it is.) Which leads us too, Harry and Meghan won't be there. No need to wonder about it. Ponder of it. I'd take both of these camps making it clear what will and won't work as the answer.

Harry and Meghan stay home and celebrate the most important event in their family for that day.

Charles and co won't have to worry about them.

And the media still gets what they want because once the day passes, they'll have all of the time to make their money from articles about the Sussex's not being there, being mad that they're not there while saying it was wonderful event because they weren't there.

So, until something actually comes from either side in a statement released by them, I'd take it as Sussex's not going.

wannable

Perhaps it is media fill in the box for a paycheck, and they are taking advantage of Harry's Spare 'tour' of interviews where he stated several things related to the British Monarchy; apology for Meghan in order to go to the Coronation, I'd like to work for the British Monarchy via the Commonwealth if Pa asks.

If I was H, I'd go for the big moneys allegedly being offered by several US media to be a 'easy' reporter 'in studio'.  Easy = H signaling to live editors to pan him, he wants to make a comment.  It's a win win situation IMO. He makes loads of moneys, rather than being ignored by the BRF.  Surely he knows they ignore him because he runs his mouth immediately after any type of 'exchange' with a senior royal.  Also the trashing of Camilla and Catherine is not a man thing to do.

changemhysoul

Yeah, I don't think so. It'd be pointless for Harry to do a live about the coronation because he doesn't actually know how one is ran? It'd make no sense imo. Now, if he had some deep know-all about how these things go, then it would make sense. But hey, if it's something he would like doing, by all means, have fun. Also, the BRF have been doing everything but ignore him imo.

I've also made my feelings clear, seeing as Harry isn't the only person who goes running to the papers once they get information, Harry can play the game as his family plays the game. I just respect him more because he willing to say it with his chest.

I'd say yeah, Camilla got it bad but eh, I don't feel to bad for her as she re-hired someone who broke the trust of the young princes. In fact, I'd say it's pretty graceful to of Harry to say that she only did it because she needed to survive as the mistress, then girlfriend, then wife of Charles and it points to a bigger issue within the media and the institution/family. Kate, didn't get it nearly as bad some people might like to try and paint it. In fact, Harry talked fondly of her hidden funny said and only talked about her actions. If her actions were so bad that them being revealed, makes people think he's trashing her. It says more about her as a person than Harry. Kate didn't get trashed as much as people want to say that. Camilla got it worse by far and even then, Harry didn't just call her villian but painted her as a victims of circumstance.

In fact, he gave a lot of humility and grace to his family that I, personally would not have. He treated him as a human beings with flaws and all but when the family is suppose to modeling / are being held to the standard of being perfect, appointed by god and what people should look too.....treating him like human beings can come off as trashing.

To bring it back to the Coronation and not Spare because I don't want the thread to derailed and complaints about him and his writing about Camilla and Kate are more reserved for the book thread (I think, I just don't want to get a warning or take it too far)

Harry has already given everyone an out, take it.

He wants apology, they don't want to give apology, therefore he won't be showing up and they don't have to worry about him appearing. So, Harry gets the peace to enjoy the most important event and have fun with Archie and family. Charles gets Harry not being there and a peaceful event and the media gets something to write about.

We move on and there's nothing to lord over the Sussex's head for a "will they, won't they." for a good few years.

wannable

Allegedly it will be an ''easy'' reporter status rather than a historian reporter status. Easy reporting includes ID people he surely knows and what kind of anecdote he can state in reference to the ID'd people. The scary part would be 'my memory is my memory, I will curate it as I see fit.  The drug and alcohol abuse in his life is factual science of taking a big effect on the brain depending on the quantity of intake.

In reference to trashing women, the couple should have immediately registered ''the first and second and that's it reaction'' of the royal family, minus Eugenie. The first reaction is the Queen's official statement and the second is William. The registered indication the couple should have noted was that 'you can't break the unity of this family'. But historically, the couple insisted in trying to break that unity and so far have failed to the point of ignoring him.  Every time the couple do a media outburst, the deafening silence should be an indication, and yet they intimidate that the next one will be 'bigger'.