Prince Harry and Meghan Markle relationship

Started by stepperry, November 02, 2016, 08:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eri

I have never witnessed Harry get so much bad comments and press ... his Tour is a joke that isn't even being reported apart from the humiliation from the Prime Minister last Night and her family is talking to the press and giving away family pictures ... I would have never thought Harry would manage to find someone who makes Kate look good and whose family would make the Midds look classy ... MA Midds must be laughing out laud ...

Kinkade

Quote from: Eri on November 22, 2016, 09:23:19 AM
I have never witnessed Harry get so much bad comments and press ... his Tour is a joke that isn't even being reported apart from the humiliation from the Prime Minister last Night and her family is talking to the press and giving away family pictures ... I would have never thought Harry would manage to find someone who makes Kate look good and whose family would make the Midds look classy ... MA Midds must be laughing out laud ...

true. I've been lurking and reading many forums over the years. And this story just skyrocketed so fast and out of control.

IMO, whatever weaknesses or faults Kate and the Middletons have... at least they stayed quiet and endured the paps and British rags for 10 years. The immediate family stuck together and looked respectable. And most importantly, they don't try to steal the limelight from the Queen and the Monarchy. Can you imagine if Kate and her mom walked around London w/ bodyguards or assistants back when she was just a new girlfriend? They'd vilify her.

Meghan can blame the papers for all these articles coming out, but lets be real, if she didn't cry victim or indirectly gave "innuendoes or clues" on Social Media, things wouldn't have gone out of hand.

Eri

^ Only here have I witnessed 3 people defending her ... she is being crucified all over the Internet and rightfully so ... Cressida was crucified for waaaaaaaaaay less ... Harry's transformation into Andrew is complete ... we all knew he would eventually get there but his downfall I didn't predict to be from a woman as he has been pretty ruthless with Cressida , Mollie and Flee ... karma maybe for how he treated them ...

Kinkade

I could've understood defending Meghan when this news first "leaked" and Meghan had laid low and just went about her work. But she "encouraged it" and whoever her PR person is went into steroid mode and catapulted her from "maybe dating" to "princess-in-waiting" in a couple of weeks. Everything was calculated. The way she presented "clues" on IG is the regular M.O. of C & D-list actors who try to be Social Media sensations.

She complained about paps in Toronto (which is laughable). Her mom probably had more paps following her because she lives in Los Angeles. (Btw, I went to University in L.A., so I was exposed to all the celebrity bru-haha and machinery over there. Believe me, the thirst for fame and the dream is fierce.) If you want to lay low though, there are always ways to do it. 

Again , to me, it is her actions/reactions that has made me frown and dislike her. It has justified all those caricatures that British papers have made these days.

Maybe she &  Harry deserve each other, I don't know. But I feel bad for the Queen. I thought this new generation (now that William, Kate & Harry are in their 30's)  would clean up and bring back respectability to the BRF.

Eri

^ I don't feel sorry for Liz ... obviously she is a weak head of her family who allows this nonsense to happen and the new generation to ran her legacy to the ground ... I haven't figured out yet if she hates confrontation or just doesn't care ...

Curryong

That is not true. The Media Liaison officer for Government House Antigua, Jacquie Browne, stated that 17 foreign news groups were present for the Prince's arrival in Antigua and following the tour. They included US Reuters, Thompson Reuters, NBC, ABC, Vantage News, Hussain Gallery, Channel Five,
British Press Association UK, The Express, The Telegraph, the DM, the Daily Mirror and The Sun.

The Antigua Observer newspaper, reporting this,  said that their reporter had noted 35 to 40 international media representatives at the airport when Harry arrived.

Kinkade

^ I think that's the point. DESPITE all the news outlet there to cover his tour on behalf of the Monarchy. It will all be overshadowed by the gossips, questions and innuendoes related to his relationship w/ Meghan. Thus making the whole 2 weeks pretty much useless on the PR front. (I'm sure the people w/c he visited still appreciated this attendance.)

With regards to the Queen,  I just think she's old school. In her mind, she is doing her duty and expects her example to be followed by her children and grandchildren. Obviously not. She already endured her uncle's scandal and now all this. I do believe she loves her family in her own way but she was raised to uphold duty above all else. (maybe I just watched the Crown and I'm biased.  :happy:) I do believe she dotes on William and Harry, maybe that's why they get away with so many things.

Eri

Quote from: Curryong on November 22, 2016, 11:21:13 AM

That is not true. The Media Liaison officer for Government House Antigua, Jacquie Browne, stated that 17 foreign news groups were present for the Prince's arrival in Antigua and following the tour. They included US Reuters, Thompson Reuters, NBC, ABC, Vantage News, Hussain Gallery, Channel Five,
British Press Association UK, The Express, The Telegraph, the DM, the Daily Mirror and The Sun.

The Antigua Observer newspaper, reporting this,  said that their reporter had noted 35 to 40 international media representatives at the airport when Harry arrived.
On my Twitter feed his Tour is non existent and I follow all the Royal Reporters who are there with him who are obviously there just for an incredible vacation ... I also noticed no real news outlet cares ...not even The Express ...

Curryong

This tour doesn't just exist on Twitter. On another forum on the tour there have been lots of articles and photos from various news organisations posted each day and it has only just started.

Double post auto-merged: November 22, 2016, 12:01:50 PM

Harry isn't 'getting away' with things. When he is on duty at his engagements Harry is never anything but professional. He's warm, enthusiastic and empathetic to the people he meets. Palmer on his Twitter page had him getting down and lying on the ground beside a severely disabled girl to give her a cuddle.

The Antigua PM was completely out of line in mentioning Harry's private life.  When a Royal goes on tour all local dignitaries are given protocol sheets, which includes not mentioning anything private when making speeches of welcome. He was completely wrong to do so, even if he was joking.

Eri

^ This topic isn't about his Tour and we shall talk about how much coverage it is getting on the specific topic ... one thing is for sure ...the press is making him pay for that statement ... them ignoring this Tour can't be denied ... he thinks he can get away with things Willy gets away with he forgets he is an irrelevant Royal who isn't doing anything of any importance and he doesn't have the two cute kids that make the press forget all the beating they get ...

Trudie

Harry is on this tour on behalf of his Grandmother it is wrong for any dignitary to bring up his private life.

Kinkade

Quote from: Trudie on November 22, 2016, 01:24:15 PM
Harry is on this tour on behalf of his Grandmother it is wrong for any dignitary to bring up his private life.

Yes, it was definitely wrong. But because the whole thing blew out of proportion due to "leaked info" and palace statements going back and forth from Meghan's PR team and Kensington Palace, plus the gossip columns, it all became fair game. What was once speculation and gossip are now being adopted as facts. (I mean, who the heck actually knows as a fact what they talked about or how many times they've seen each other in the past few months). So for any dignitary who probably just reads newspaper summary, it's probably a fact (to his mind) that their relationship is furthering along than what actually is.

Thus, it goes back to all the badly handled PR push and pull from both teams. And I believe it is naive to think that Meghan doesn't have any pull or say in this. IMO, she pushed for it w/ her social media outlets and PR team.

Harry has been linked to several actresses/singers/public figures in the past months. ( Ellie Goulding, Jenna Coleman, Emma Watson... etc). Some have pictures, some have witness accounts of flirting and some are just rumors but what is common w/ these women is that they have been discreet and silent about this issue. Mainly because these talented women are successful women in their respective work and want to be known as such, not w/ who they are dating. The rumor w/ Ellie Goulding persisted (even w/ witnesses of them kissing and flirting in public) but you won't hear a peep from her nor any innuendos or clues on her IG. THAT is THE DIFFERENCE & earns some respect from me as a WOMAN (no matter my racial background).

Eri

^^ It's not like Harry is there doing anything of significance ... Will, Kate and Harry have taken any gravitas there WAS out of the British Royal Family ... they act and they shall be treated as the C list celebs they are ...  especially Harry who loves to mingle with people like Cara Delevigne and Sienna Miller and doesn't have the excuse he will be Monarch one Day ... the man child should get a J.O.B and lay low while doing his Royal duties without putting STUPID statements out there and maybe World leaders will have something to actually talk to him about other than his private life ...

Kinkade

as I've traveled throughout the world, I tried to ask Brits I've met about their opinion regarding the royal family. 95% of the reply I got was always " I guess they're good for tourists". So I guess that sums up the POV of locals and foreigners who are awed by the pomp and circumstance. (Although I do believe QE2 has a certain respect, thus she won't abdicate.) And in a way, they are like celebrities, brought out for the viewing public on special occasions. (again, I'm quoting the Brits I asked about this)

And it goes back to Meghan being American ( again, I don't care if she's biracial or not, lest someone lectures me on that), thus she is enamored by this lifestyle of jewels & titles & pomp & privilege. Maybe she even believes if she is princess, she can do "good through her charities". But IMO, she is pushing way too hard for this w/o knowing the responsibilities they have, first & foremost to the British people. (Let's face it, it's their taxes who are sustaining them) She's thirsty for this w/o realizing the responsibility this should entail.

Harry and Meghan may believe it's their lives and people should let them live it. But let's face it, w/ privilege comes responsibility. If Harry can get an 8-5 job, w/o all the privilege his title or ancestors gave him, I don't think the Daily Mail would care who he dates or who he brings into the his family.

Cat00

It's amazing how some people like to judge others. She's divorced, she's bi racial, she's an actress, she likes to show up ... so what? At least now Harry is not with a futile blonde, head of air, is with a woman of personality, independent, who earns his own money. What's wrong with her continuing to post on social networks? She's a public person, an actress, she's been working on a TV show for six years, she's got fans, she's got thousands of followers .... and she has not posted anything that commits Harry. And the negative comments that Harry is receiving, it's half a dozen envious trolls, people who have an unhappy life and attacks others to unburden their unhappiness and frustrations, It's just nonsense, unimportant  :thumbsdown:

Eri

Harry is stupid with limited mental capacity we all know that ... it's his people that shock me ... to put that moronic statement out there ... what did they expect? That it would make people stop talking about innocent snowflake Megan? Stupid ... his Press Secretary should be fired on the spot ...

Cat00

Some speak until she has posted the bananas. What's the problem? Is the name Harry written on the banana? People have nothing to talk about, so they encounter problems where they do not exist. Not to mention those people who are envious, jealous, and others who also dream that Harry will still return to his ex girlfriends. Pathetic!!!!
I'm really cheering for this romance to work out and end up in marriage. :consoling1:

Vesper

Branding people who criticize two public figures, one of which is selling her lifestyle, is a weak argument to put it politely. I don't aspire to be a poseur so no my problem with her has nothing to do with jealousy.

If I were dating a member of the BRF, I would have the common sense to be less thirsty than than this drama queen.

sandy

Quote from: Eri on November 21, 2016, 10:38:04 PM
^ If they go that far the weeding will be very downsized ... to Zara's level ... I always said Harry won't have a grand wedding under Liz but only if he married when his father is King if he marries this one it will be a very downsized to what he would have with another woman who isn't twice divorced ...

No, as the second son of the heir to the throne I think it will be similar to Prince Andrew's, and be televised. Harry is part of the downsized monarchy. His father, a divorced man, married Camilla, a divorced woman who was involved with Charles during his marriage to his first wife. I doubt Charles would tsk tsk Harry if he marries Meghan.

Double post auto-merged: November 22, 2016, 03:52:35 PM

Quote from: Eri on November 22, 2016, 02:51:48 PM
Harry is stupid with limited mental capacity we all know that ... it's his people that shock me ... to put that moronic statement out there ... what did they expect? That it would make people stop talking about innocent snowflake Megan? Stupid ... his Press Secretary should be fired on the spot ...

No we "all" don't know that since it is your opinion.

Double post auto-merged: November 22, 2016, 03:54:18 PM

Quote from: Eri on November 22, 2016, 01:52:28 PM
^^ It's not like Harry is there doing anything of significance ... Will, Kate and Harry have taken any gravitas there WAS out of the British Royal Family ... they act and they shall be treated as the C list celebs they are ...  especially Harry who loves to mingle with people like Cara Delevigne and Sienna Miller and doesn't have the excuse he will be Monarch one Day ... the man child should get a J.O.B and lay low while doing his Royal duties without putting STUPID statements out there and maybe World leaders will have something to actually talk to him about other than his private life ...

Well whether he likes it or not William will have to get his act together and so will Kate, since he is a future monarch. But that said, Harry IS part of Charles plan for a scaled down monarchy and will do royal duties. I hope the three of them step up.

Double post auto-merged: November 22, 2016, 03:55:51 PM

Quote from: Eri on November 22, 2016, 10:30:36 AM
^ Only here have I witnessed 3 people defending her ... she is being crucified all over the Internet and rightfully so ... Cressida was crucified for waaaaaaaaaay less ... Harry's transformation into Andrew is complete ... we all knew he would eventually get there but his downfall I didn't predict to be from a woman as he has been pretty ruthless with Cressida , Mollie and Flee ... karma maybe for how he treated them ...

It takes two to make a relationship. Unless one can spy on Harry and the lady friends, it is not known how they behaved or how they were treated.

Cat00

These bitter people think that offending Meghan or criticizing the dating will make them finish. If they are in love (what I believe) the opinion of others will not matter. And if they do, it certainly will not be because of the opinion of others. Didn't the prince of Sweden marry a woman whom the majority considered inadequate? Meghan is not even the majority., are some people with several different profiles, who feel pleasure in judging, criticizing and annoys

Yale

Quote from: Cat00 on November 22, 2016, 05:01:45 PM
These bitter people think that offending Meghan or criticizing the dating will make them finish. If they are in love (what I believe) the opinion of others will not matter. And if they do, it certainly will not be because of the opinion of others. Didn't the prince of Sweden marry a woman whom the majority considered inadequate? Meghan is not even the majority., are some people with several different profiles, who feel pleasure in judging, criticizing and annoys

Cat00, no worries. Harry is going to do what he wants in the end.  And Meghan is an American Black woman and she is made of pretty tough stuff! She will not let the media scare her off.

Vesper

I believe that's we call a Hail Mary.   :wub:

LouisFerdinand

Would it be possible for Prince Harry to still marry Meghan at Westminster Abbey? After all, his Grandmother The Queen is the head of the Anglican Church.

Kinkade

Well, like I said on my post before, I can give Meghan the benefit of the doubt if she had laid low and promoted her job w/o all the innuendoes and dramas. But it is her actions w/c are annoying and inappropriate. I mean really, crying victim, hiring bodyguards and adding fuel to the fire w/ all her "timed social media" posts. How thirsty does she have to be for it all to be obvious.

I'm neither a troll nor jealous. But it only takes common sense to realize how all these publicities are orchestrated. When William & Kate were dating, did you ever hear "leaks" of planned vacations 2-3 weeks beforehand? Or did Kate's family babble to the press getting their 5 minutes of fame? Bodyguards? Drivers? Playing victim to the press? No, she kept her sh*t together in spite of 10 years of the press calling her "waity katie".

And most importantly, people are just jumping the gun. Everyone seems to forget that this is a vacation romance! Meghan and Harry haven't even lived in the same city in a span of a month, much less years. How can you know each other when every time you meet up, it's all about vacation and romantic spots, not real life ? IMO, that's why Harry was embarrassed when the topic came up, everybody seems to be pre-empting him when he seems to just want time to "date this girl".

I'm not sure about the specific rules, but I don't think you can marry in church when your ex-spouse is still living. Prince Charles was able to re-marry because Princess Diana passed away. Charles and Camilla waited and bided their time.

As for Prince Philip of Sweden, well.. . ask Swedes what they think of their Royal Family. They're either irrelevant or embarrassed by his choice. And they're really really glad they changed the ascension rule so that Princess Victoria would be Queen.

sandy

Camilla was a divorcee and Charles was a divorced man (he divorced Diana before she died) and not widower. He was able to marry Camilla in a registry office with the blessing. He did not get the Church wedding.  Charles had to wait to marry Camilla for 9 years after he divorced Diana, one reason was that his grandmother did not want the marriage in her lifetime. I think he would have married Camilla whether or not Diana died. He was still a divorced man not a widower. Kate did play the media during the breakup, for several weeks.  Kate's family did babble to the press. Uncle Gary gave an embarrassing interview recounting WIlliam and Kate's stay at his home. There were also reports that William "lent" bodyguards to Kate.