William: BAFTA President

Started by cinrit, November 04, 2013, 01:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

QuoteFor a second year, three students will each receive one of the Prince William Scholarships in Film, Television and Games, supported by BAFTA and Warner Bros. These scholarships, an integral element of Warner Bros. Creative Talent, Warner Bros.' investment in UK creative industries' skills and training, are awarded in the name of HRH The Duke of Cambridge in his role as President of BAFTA. The recipients will have their fees funded by Warner Bros. and will additionally receive a short funded work placement within the Warner Bros. group of companies, access to a Warner Bros. mentor, and invitations to a series of industry masterclasses.
More: http://www.bafta.org/about/supporting-talent/scholarships,3731,BA.html

TLLK

Good luck to the applicants. :thumbsup:

Canuck

'Brooklyn Boy' set for national stage with help from Duke of Cam - New York News

QuoteWe first introduced you to Steven Prescod back in December when he performed his one man show called "Brooklyn Boy" for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. It was then and there the Prince made a promise to help get Steven on a world stage.

Four months later, it is happening. I got to sit down with Steven for this exclusive interview before his big performance.

"We have been stuck in a cave, just been working on this play," Prescod said. "Right now we are up to 90 minutes in this play. And I can't wait to share it with the world."

What was an 8-minute autobiographic monologue has turned into a massive production. In it, Steven talks about being raised by a single mother, getting arrested, and facing a seven-year prison sentence.

"I am the only one who is talking in the show," he said. "But we do have singers there will be singers and dancers. Their faces are not seen -- they're just going to be silhouettes around me. We're like making a new version of a one-man show."

Prince William connected Steven with the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. The organization is sponsoring Wednesday's press junket and Thursday's showcase of "Brooklyn Boy" at the National Black Theatre in Harlem.

What a wonderful update on this story!   :nod:  I remember when Will and Kate saw the performance in New York and how enthusiastic Will was about it.  Great to see him taking steps to help out this talented young man, and a great synergy with his BAFTA connection.  I hope the show is very successful!

TLLK

Great news and I wish this young man the best of luck!

Lucy

How very William to do something like this and carry through with his word! I think the results be will be awesome!
DIANISTA # 1

TLLK

CTBF | The Cinema and Television Benevolent Fund - Home A little information about the charity that the benefit premiere is helping to fund. This is the leading charity in the UK's film industry to assist those men and women working behind the camera. One of its primary functions is to  assist them during times of unemployment, bereavement, injury etc...

TLLK

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge & Prince Harry will join kids from their charities at their charities forum hosted by @BAFTA @aardman Oct 26

wannable

October 26 premier Spectre 007
Spoiler alert and final trailer

Quote. Spectre (12A)
Rating:

Does it warrant all the hype, the secrecy, the breathless anticipation? Indubitably, yes.
From the exhilarating pre-credits sequence, against the backdrop of the Day of the Dead festival in Mexico City, to a spectacular denouement in the shadow of the Houses of Parliament, Spectre is a proper joyride of a James Bond film.
It features everything (with the exception of a really memorable theme song) that most of us hope for in a 007 picture: great gadgets, stunts, and a handful of laugh-out loud one-liners
Will it overtake Bond's last outing, Skyfall, which took over $1 billion at the global box-office, to become the most successful British-made film ever? Well, it stands every chance.
And we live in record-breaking times. Spectre not only features the oldest of all Bond "girls" in 51-year-old Monica Bellucci, it is also, at nigh on two and a half hours, the longest of all 24 Bond films.

Read more: Spectre warrants all the hype with 007 returning to his murderous, glamorous best | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The premier funds will go to HM royal patronage   CTBF | The Cinema and Television Benevolent Fund - Patrons

wannable

Tomorrow  the three will attend a Charities Forum event and in the evening, the gala black tie premiere of the James Bond movie Spectre.

TLLK

Jennifer

QuoteKate looks smashing as 'Bond babe'

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge was a true head-turner, as she arrived at Royal Albert Hall in London on Monday evening, ready to watch the premiere of the new Bond film Spectre.

In fact, Catherine could almost be mistaken for being a real 'Bond babe' herself. Flanked by two handsome Princes in true Bond attire, Prince William and Prince Harry, Catherine looked absolutely stunning in her flowy pale blue gown.

The dress was by Jenny Packham — one of the Duchess's favourite designers — and featured a chiffon wrap front and a beautifully draped semi-open back. A glittering waistband underlined Catherine's tiny waist.

Read more:
Kate looks smashing as 'Bond babe' | Royalista
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Jennifer

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge both looked lovely at the BAFTA 2017 event! I like the Duchess's updo hairstyle & dress.  :)

QuoteDuchess of Cambridge steals the show at Baftas

On Sunday evening, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had a date night out attending the Baftas, of which the Duke is President.

The Duchess stole the show, which was originally what some organisers feared. Walking the red carpet with Prince William looking dapper in a tux, the Duchess wore a black and floral, off-the-shoulder Alexander McQueen gown with her hair beautifully tied up.

As lovely as the dress was, her earrings may have been what caused all the commotion. Kate donned chandelier-style earrings that could be seen a mile away. Kensington Palace did note that they were not borrowed from The Queen, but any more information as to if they were Kate's or taken from another collection remain to be a mystery.

Read more:
Duchess of Cambridge steals the show at Baftas – Royal Central
"You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination". ~ Ralph Marston

Jennifer

Quote12-02-2017 Catherine (L), Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge attend the 70th EE British Academy Film Awards (BAFTA) at Royal Albert Hall in London, Britain.

PPE Agency

Nightowl

Darn but Catherine looks gorgeous and so happy with her life..........That is one very beautiful gown she is wearing and those earrings are to die for.  William looks just handsome and both look like they are still deep in love.........way to go! :friends:

Lothwen

I liked Kate's dress, except for the shoulder straps and the hairstyle.  I thought the pattern and ruffles were cool, but the straps made it seem more suited for Tara in the Old South.
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

wannable

I love it that she went atypical of her unicolor long dresses.

wannable

Verified account

@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the #EEBAFTAs  Awards ceremony at the Royal Albert Hall on Sunday 10th February.

The Duke, @BAFTA President, and The Duchess will meet BAFTA representatives and watch the ceremony. The Duke will also present the Fellowship award.

wannable

The nominees had a dinner party at KP last night

This Saturday night, we will be LIVE from the red carpet on Facebook from 7pm at the BAFTA Nespresso Nominees' Party at Kensington Palace, hosted by Alice Levine and Alex Zane. @Standardinsider #EEBAFTAs #NespressoTalents
Discover more: Nespresso BAFTA Awards 2019

Tonight's Bafta Awards

You can watch the red carpet on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook @BAFTA. It begins at 5pm GMT.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are the last to arrive -just before 6.30pm GMT (that's the time the livestream ends).

BBC1 will be deferring the Bafta Awards, starts at 7:00 p.m. BST but will be aired at 9:00 p.m. BST

TLLK

Catherine is wearing part of her late mother-in-law's South Sea pearl and diamond earrings tonight along with the drops from the Collinwood diamond/pearl earrings.
Princess Diana?s South-Sea Pearl Earrings | The Royal Watcher

QuoteUPDATE- The Duchess of Cambridge wore the top portion of Princess Diana?s South-Sea Pearl Earrings paired with the pearls from her Collingwood Pearl Earrings at the BAFTAs in February 2019!

TLLK

Congratulations to tonight's winners at the BAFTA awards. IMO the BAFTA President and his elegant wife looked very pleased to be there celebrating the best of the British Film and Television industry.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive at BAFTAs - YouTube

Double post auto-merged: February 11, 2019, 01:28:15 AM

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge meet BAFTA winners - YouTube

wannable

They probably HAD to watch all the nominated films, in order to chit chat what they said to each winner, on point. 

It sucks not being on point, the only way is by not watching the film (s). 

So good for them (it's the first time in their 3 bafta's that the couple are filmed by the Royal Channel congratulating and stating why, I watched the movie ;) their actions/reactions by royals and actors and actresses, film directors and producers, one can tell, rather than confused with a royal comment)

I loved the Mexican film ROMA, a must watch.  William loved it too.