Andrew and new Epstein Trial

Started by Curryong, July 10, 2019, 01:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-medical-examiner-rules-jeffrey-epstein-death-suicide-by-hanging

NYC medical examiner rules Jeffrey Epstein death suicide by hanging.

Will this change the conspiracy theorists?  Probably not.
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Blue Clover

Wow! There are so many conspiracy theories out there - it's unbelievable. They'll say the medical examiner was paid off.  :no:

Curryong

Oh well, according to many in the tin hat brigade Epstein is in some far off land having cosmetic surgery for his new life as we speak so I guess nothing about the autopsy will be believed, even if photos are released.

Blue Clover

Quote from: Curryong on August 17, 2019, 01:07:17 AM
Oh well, according to many in the tin hat brigade Epstein is in some far off land having cosmetic surgery for his new life as we speak so I guess nothing about the autopsy will be believed, even if photos are released.

:lol: Oh my!

amabel

I don't think it is in dispute by reasonable people that he did kill himself.. but he was supposed to be on suicide watch.  And his death is going to take away from his victims a sense of closure or getting justice...

oak_and_cedar

Did anyone see Andrew grinning in the car on his way to Church no less? Sickening.

I hope they don't stop the investigation. The truth needs to be told.

Curryong

Yes I did see it, and there are many sarcastic comments on social media and in the Press about it. The Queen is getting some (rare) criticism.

And the Guardian is having a sarky say here about Andrew, Sarah and the possibility of a rematch. (Though as she's nearly as deeply smeared in the Epstein controversy as Andy is I can't see any advantage, myself.)

Andrew and Fergie: is a conscious recoupling of convenience on the cards? | Life and style | The Guardian

sandy

Seems the royals are trying the art of distraction. Talking of a "reunion" of the Yorks instead of the elephant in the room.

Mike

Quote from: wannable on August 12, 2019, 01:21:04 PM
The 'charges' against Epstein is now closed as the 'charged' has died, that is the court system in the USA.   
Charges against Epstein himself are closed, but co-conspirators are still on the hook.

Where Does the Jeffrey Epstein Investigation Go From Here? | Time

If the moderators don't want to go here, I'll withdraw the question, but, hypothetically speaking, if (IF) the investigation shows Andrew participated in illegal activities with Epstein, would Andrew be answerable to US justice?
Mark Twain:
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."
and
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

Curryong

Surely, if Andrew had committed provable offences against Virginia and/or other underage girls then he would be liable to be questioned, you would think. Isn't there something illegal about taking young girls across State lines (and overseas) for immoral purposes? Why hasn't Ghislaine been questioned about taking Virginia to London for Andrew, per Virginia's allegations? The State authorities concerned would have to contact the British authorities but if Andrew didnt want a huge disgrace he would and should allow himself to be questioned by US investigators in Britain.

IF it got to that. I can't see it proceeding that far, to be frank.  Somehow or other, Andrew will, IMO probably get away with whatever he did on the island in Florida and/or NY. Of course, we don't know what documents, photos, videos etc Epstein had hidden away for his own perusal and whether any of it still exists. IMO, Epstein wouldn't have been above using blackmail or pressure on some of his friends using this stuff. And IMO Ghislaine Maxwell knows the most about Epstein and his 'friends' activities and ought to at least be under investigation. 

The grub Andrew was photographed opening the front door of Epstein's NY mansion, in the company of a young woman, photos that have appeared in the British Press in the last few days. This house had, according to recent news reports, framed photos of underage girls in various states of undress hanging up on the walls. (This is of course if these news reports are accurate.) And yet he (and his ex, Fergie) didn't know anything of Epstein's activities on the island, in Florida or in NY? Sorry, but at the moment at least, I'm not buying what he or Fergie are selling.

Blue Clover

The Daily Mail has a video of Prince Andrew entering Epstein's house. Its the leading story, an exclusive.

Prince Andrew pictured inside paedophile Jeffrey Epstein's ?63million mansion of depravity | Daily Mail Online

wannable

Boris and the Queen need to do a Duke of Windsor job to Andrew ASAP.

Blue Clover

Quote from: wannable on August 19, 2019, 03:48:03 PM
Boris and the Queen need to do a Duke of Windsor job to Andrew ASAP.

What is that?

This is getting bad...royal damage control is needed.  :(

GUY ADAMS details Prince Andrew's toxic fixation with Jeffrey Epstein | Daily Mail Online

Curryong

A nice posting, supposedly for the RF far far away, as with the Duke and Duchess of Windsor during WW2 when he was Governor of the Bahamas in order to keep him out of trouble. The trouble is there are very few positions of that sort available nowadays. Is St Helena (where Napoleon was imprisoned)  still available? There's always the chalet in Switzerland I suppose, and a generous allowance...

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on August 20, 2019, 03:43:20 AM
A nice posting, supposedly for the RF far far away, as with the Duke and Duchess of Windsor during WW2 when he was Governor of the Bahamas in order to keep him out of trouble. The trouble is there are very few positions of that sort available nowadays. Is St Helena (where Napoleon was imprisoned)  still available? There's always the chalet in Switzerland I suppose, and a generous allowance...
there's no need for him ot have a "nice posting".  He should just be completely retired from royal duties... and he and Fergie should ideally live abroad.. and only visit to see the girls and the queen

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: amabel on August 20, 2019, 06:47:44 AM
there's no need for him ot have a "nice posting".  He should just be completely retired from royal duties... and he and Fergie should ideally live abroad.. and only visit to see the girls and the queen
But the Queen is very soft when it comes to Andrew. I don't know that she could be strong enough to do it.

Blue Clover

Quote from: amabel on August 20, 2019, 06:47:44 AM

amabel, I have to agree with you! This one is a whopper!  >(

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on August 20, 2019, 09:41:43 PM
But the Queen is very soft when it comes to Andrew. I don't know that she could be strong enough to do it.

Princess Cassandra, I agree with this as well.  :coy:

amabel

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on August 20, 2019, 09:41:43 PM
She will have to be.  I think that Andrew' in spite of his faults had a good side.. but this one is a not something that the RF can or should tolerate.. and I can't see anything to do but to insist that he is out of working royal life. I think that Charles has wanted to put him out of the working RF for some time now.. and he will probably do that when he is king

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: amabel on August 21, 2019, 07:27:00 AM
She will have to be.  I think that Andrew' in spite of his faults had a good side.. but this one is a not something that the RF can or should tolerate.. and I can't see anything to do but to insist that he is out of working royal life. I think that Charles has wanted to put him out of the working RF for some time now.. and he will probably do that when he is king
Since he is denying at this point that he had sex with an underage female, the big question is obviously whether or not he is telling the truth. If it turns out he is NOT telling the truth, or if it can never be proven either way, I hope the Queen's advisors will help her understand what she needs to do.  On her own I think she would have a hard time not supporting her much-loved son. But in all fairness it is POSSIBLE that he IS telling the truth, that Epstein cultivated a royal friendship without involving Andrew in sex with underage girls....since he was divorced it wouldn't be illegal to have sex with someone old enough. If he could prove himself innocent it's hard to say what they would do. He would still be an embarrassment and would not be able to have the high profile he now has.   

amabel

It doesn't matter IMO. I dnt think he did have sex with under aged girls... (at least not knowingly).  However he has continued a friendship with Epstein after he knew what Ep was up to, that he had a criminal conviction.. and he also seems to have brought Epstein to Royal households like Balmoral and to have secured a loan from him to help Sarah.. All this is IMO very bad behaviour and even if he has not broken the law, I think it is time they put him firmly on the back burner.   I've tended to support Andrew in the past, not over this but in terms of feeling that he has his good points and has been a loyal friend to Fergie..but this whole Epstein affair is not something one can over look.  whether his loyalty to Epstein was because of stupidity and poor judgement or whether it was because he wanted to cultivate him for financial reasons it is a step too far and He has to step down..

TLLK

IMHO the title of this article should highlight Andrew's association with Epstein over the Sussexes and Zara Tindall.

By royal disappointment: Meghan and Harry?s behaviour is undermining the monarchy | The Spectator

QuoteAugust on Royal Deeside. Soft rain falls without cease on the Caledonian pine forests, it soaks into the ancient peatlands and it darkens the pelts of the red deer chewing heather out on the moor. Behold the beauty and the glory of the Scottish land and skies, from deep inside a luxurious estate where the troubles of the world melt into this velvety panorama. Certainly, one has always found this to be the case. One has taken peaceful refuge here every summer since one was one. However, one?s tranquillity is being tested this year, most sorely.

Recent newspaper headlines and strident television bulletins will have made uncomfortable reading and viewing for the Queen during her annual holiday at Balmoral. Fresh revelations about the Duke of York?s friendship with the late Jeffrey Epstein are causing further embarrassment in a snowballing scandal that threatens to engulf her beleaguered second son. Eco-warriors the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been criticised for taking four private jet flights in 11 days, two of them paid for by Elton John. Yet they see no hypocrisy in their elitist, planet-destroying travel plans.

Errr...sorry but Andrew's decisions are likely to have a far more serious affect on the monarchy than those of the Sussexes and Zara.

QuoteMeanwhile it has been revealed that a Hong Kong businessman has being paying fistfuls of dollars to willing royals for years. Dr Jonny Hon gives a ?100,000 stipend to Zara Tindall to advise him on horse racing matters (?it?s over there, the one with four legs?) and has given almost ?300,000 to the Duchess of York for ?marketing and promotion? and being a non-executive director of his film company (?pass me the paperclips?). In return he gets lots of lovely handshaking access to the Windsors ? and he certainly seems pleased with his deal.

Inside Balmoral Castle, in the canyons of my mind, a 93-year-old woman switches on both bars of the electric fire in her sitting room and shivers as she buttons up the cardigan of her twinset. For HM the Queen is feeling a distinct chill in the air that has nothing to do with the weather; a change in the climate that has little to do with greenhouse gases. As several of her children and grandchildren continue to disport themselves like the entitled spawn of a dodgy Eurotrash autocrat, perhaps she must be asking herself: is any of this my fault?

Okay...a tad overdramatic IMHO as I don't see who the "several" children and grandchildren are that she would be referring to as "the entitle spawn of a dodgey Eurotrash autocrat" in this paragraph.  :wacko: :unsure:

Curryong

Yes, I agree, TLLK. As far as Andrew is concerned I think he certainly should allow himself to be questioned by New York authorities with regard to what he knew about Epstein's activities. And IMO I believe that said authorities should take a serious look at Ghislaine Maxwell and her part in Epstein's activities.

As for Fergie, did she ever intend to pay back the loan from Epstein, I wonder? She certainly seems adept at receiving money from billionaires with little effort on her part. What exactly was she doing and who was she providing access to in the Johnny Hon affair? $300,000 is a lot for seemingly very little.

oak_and_cedar

That article about him having 1000 lovers is absolutely disgusting. Either he doesn't understand the severity of this situation, or he doesn't care. That he or someone close to him think that this is the right time to "brag" that he's had that many lovers, and that because of that, that  he's not involved. What kind of reasoning is that? There are pictures and videos of him around Epstein, and more stories by the day. Let's see where this leads to.

Absolutely sickening.