ZARA had a baby GIRL!

Started by sassafras, January 17, 2014, 11:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sassafras

According to Richard Palmer's tweets, Zara had a baby girl!

Zara's 7lbs 12oz baby, who is yet to be named, was born at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital. Mike Tindall was present for the birth

PrincessOfPeace

Congratulations to Zara and Mike Tindall! What a joyous day for them.

cinrit

Official announcement:

QuoteAnnouncement of the Birth of Mr and Mrs Tindall's First Baby, 17 January 2014

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY
TO THE QUEEN

Mrs Mike Tindall today safely delivered a baby girl at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital. Mr Mike Tindall was present at the birth. The weight of the baby was 7lbs 12oz.

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Princess Royal, Captain Mark Phillips and Mike's parents, Mr Phillip and Mrs Linda Tindall, have been informed and are delighted with the news. The baby's name will be confirmed in due course.

This baby is the first child for Zara and Mike, the third grandchild for The Princess Royal and the fourth great-grandchild for The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh, and is 16th line to the Throne.

https://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Pressreleases/2014/AnnouncementofthebirthofMrandMrsTindallsfirstbaby1.aspx

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

missbliss

Regal

Wonderful news!  :clap:
Wonder if the name will be a traditional name?

Limabeany

:yesss: I wish them both good health!  :banana:
"You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to your boyfriend/spouse/partner, not to your co-workers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked 'female'." Diana Vreeland.

Lady Adams

Congratulations to Zara and Mike!

I agree with the poster above-- I can't wait to find out the name!
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

plattenchant

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C. S. Lewis

Sandor

I don't believe they will choose a traditional name;  Zara is not a traditional name either.  Peter and Autumn didn't select traditional names, I think it's in keeping with distancing themselves from the trappings of Royalty, not using titles, etc.

(Personally I've always felt Mark Phillips was a fool to turn down that earldom, but what's done is done).

Lothwen

^I wonder if it was more Anne's decision than his? 

Anyways, congratulations to Zara and Mike. And I also can't wait to find out the baby's name
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

stepperry

sara8150

Queen's granddaughter Zara Tindall gives birth to daughter
BBC News - Queen's granddaughter Zara Tindall gives birth to daughter

Double post auto-merged: January 17, 2014, 05:12:56 PM

'Definitely the best day of my life': Mike Tindall on the birth of his baby daughter
Mike Tindall took to Twitter to thank fans for their messages of congratulations following the birth of his baby daughter with Zara Phillips -

Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall welcome baby girl
Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall welcome baby girl - hellomagazine.com

Double post auto-merged: January 17, 2014, 05:18:07 PM

Zara Tindall, Prince William's Cousin, Welcomes a Daughter
http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20777035,00.html

Double post auto-merged: January 17, 2014, 05:20:01 PM

Zara Phillips Gives Birth to Baby Girl, Queen Elizabeth II Welcomes Fourth Great Grandchild
Zara Phillips Gives Birth to Baby Girl - Us Weekly

Double post auto-merged: January 17, 2014, 05:23:50 PM

Queen Elizabeth II's granddaughter Zara Phillips has a baby girl
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/queen-elizabeth-iis-granddaughter-zara-phillips-has-a-baby-girl/

Macrobug

GNU Terry Pratchett

HereditaryPrincess

Congratulations to Zara and Mike! :congrats: Can't wait to see a photo of the little one and find out her name.

Trudie

Fabulous news!!! Congratulations to Mike and Zara. This is one lucky little lady getting such a lovely down to earth set of parents.

TLLK

Congratulations to the new parents on the birth of their baby girl. I wonder when she'll be riding her first pony? :wink:

Lothwen

My guess would be probably before she's even walking
You may think you're cool, but do you have a smiley named after you?
Harryite 12-005

Okay, fine.  Macrobug is now as cool as I am

cinrit

QuoteRoyal Baby: Family Tree

The Queen's granddaughter Zara Tindall has given birth to a baby girl - the newest member of a Royal Family which spans four generations. Click on the images below to find out more.

More: BBC News - Royal baby: Family tree

A Childhood Fit for a Future Sports Star! 730 acres to play in, a nanny and a doting grandmother just down the road will give Zara's daughter a royal start to life

She may be a professional rider and former Olympian, but sporty Zara Phillips has no intention of being a hands-off mother.  Despite telling Australian magazine Woman’s Weekly that her pregnancy came as a complete 'shock', Zara, who gave birth this morning in the Gloucestershire Royal NHS hospital, has been quietly preparing for motherhood.

Now she has left hospital, having stayed just a few hours, finding a nanny will be among her immediate plans, because the Olympic silver medallist hopes to pick up her eventing career where she left off.

The arrangement is similar to one employed by Zara's own mother, Princess Anne, herself a keen horsewoman.  Her two children, Zara and Peter Phillips, were cared for by their nanny Sarah Minty while she and ex-husband, Captain Mark Phillips, pursued hugely successful careers in showjumping.

More: A childhood fit for a future sports star! 730 acres to play in, a nanny and a doting grandmother just down the road: Zara and Mike Tindall's baby will

Cindy
Always be yourself.  Unless you can be a unicorn.  Then always be a unicorn.

FanDianaFancy

That is  nice.
Once again, pardon me for repeating myself again, but  PAnne  did a wonderful job  with her children  in giving them a sense of  pride, self, importance, life  of their own,  etc. They  are  QEII's grandkids, but  they will not  be  in line  for that throne.
They  seem to  be , by  all accounts, everytime, just  well-rounded  and happy, nonenvious, with their  lives and place  in life that world.

SophieChloe

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Trudie

Anne to her detractors may seem to be haughty however, I disagree Anne was born a Princess and a Royal who knew from the day Andrew was born she would not ascend the throne. Anne a tireless royal worker also became a champion equestrienne and runs her own estate training horses and the horse trials. Anne knew how to separate herself and raise her children to know that HRH or not they are loved and valued and has supported her children in their every endeavor. I believe Zara has that same no nonsense approach that while she has royal blood her child/children will be loved and valued and will be supported in what ever endeavor they choose. Anne and Mark did not air dirty laundry during their divorce and have continued to be friendly and working together. I believe this is why her children are so well adjusted and hard workers.

Lady Adams

I can't wait to find out the name! Personally-- knowing how close Zara and HM are-- I think it would be so sweet to have Elizabeth as one of her names.

Does anyone know when we'll find out? Maybe after services tomorrow, like how we found out Savannah's name?
"To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, American writer

HereditaryPrincess

Quote from: Lady Adams on January 19, 2014, 03:18:42 AM
I can't wait to find out the name! Personally-- knowing how close Zara and HM are-- I think it would be so sweet to have Elizabeth as one of her names.

Does anyone know when we'll find out? Maybe after services tomorrow, like how we found out Savannah's name?

We don't know when we'll find out Baby Tindall's name just yet, but I agree with you - perhaps after the services. :)

I too think it would be lovely if Zara and Mike included Elizabeth in Baby Tindall's name combination. Like Peter and Autumn did with Savannah and Isla, I think they (Zara and Mike) will choose a name that's fairly popular in modern times, but not too modern sounding. I love the name Scarlett and think that Scarlett Elizabeth sounds lovely on its own without any additional names. Eloise is nice too but I think it would need another name before Elizabeth (if Elizabeth featured as a middle name). Just some suggestions.

PrincessOfPeace

Not sure about Elizabeth. Thats one of those reserved names like George and Victoria. If Kate has a daughter I can see her being named Elizabeth but Zara is a little to far down the line to use such a noble name. My thoughts anyway.

Lady Adams

^ But Isla's middle name is Elizabeth. And so is Zara's.

That's why I think she *won't* have Elizabeth as one of her names, but I really hope I'm wrong.

I'm all for modern and non-traditional (ie Isla) I really hope it's not something like Ashley, Madison, or Stephanie though!

Anyway, all this speculation is a lot of fun. I hope we find it out soon!