The Monegasque Family General News and Chat

Started by TLLK, July 20, 2020, 05:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TudorQueen

Quote from: wannable on June 25, 2021, 02:57:32 PM
She can take a private jet to the Principality of Monaco, where her husband is the ''head'' of state. It's not like there is somebody above him in that decision or that his people would be against it. It's to date since the start of the pandemic, one of the most free places in planet earth, like if nothing has happened C19.

He is not the head of state of France. And the nearest airport for her to fly into is in Nice.

And no you don't fly when you have an ear infection. Any doctor would tell you that. Flying is hard enough on your ears when you are healthy. If you are having issues you can cause major damage flying.

Amabel2

I hope she;s OK if she really has to have several surgeries it must be a severe infection.  But in all honesty, I think shes happy in SA - except for the children being so far away....

Amabel2

Anyone seen a documenatry on Graces' children the other night?

wannable

^ Today I heard she can't come back until her ear is 100%.  IF she decides to fly back before 100%, there is a potential of hearing loss.

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on July 12, 2021, 05:24:18 PM
^ Today I heard she can't come back until her ear is 100%.  IF she decides to fly back before 100%, there is a potential of hearing loss.

Which is what several posters here, including myself, pointed out in former posts when you suggested that she could fly back whenever she liked as her husband was the ruler of Monaco.

Amabel2

But those are 2 separate issues.  Could she fly back?  Unless she had Covid, or had been in contact with someone who had Covid, I assume she could fly into Nice and come back to Monaco...and self quarantine..(Unless travel between SA and France is barred which I presume it isn't).

obviously given that she is supposed to have some ear infecton, it would not be wise medically for her to fly.  But its a bit vague. She has been in S Af for a few months.  They didn't mention that she was ill and needing surgery until very late in the day when it was obvious she was going to miss their 10th Wedding anniversary.

Curryong

Quote from: Curryong on June 25, 2021, 02:15:19 PM
Well finally the Palace in Monaco has jumped into gear with the speed of a lame tortoise, or rather Princess Charlene has issued her own statement about why she hasn?t been back to Monaco for months after her looong stay in SA working with her wildlife Foundation. And why she will unfortunately miss her forthcoming  tenth wedding anniversary to Prince Albert.

Charlene has unfortunately contracted an ear, nose and throat infection that has required multiple procedures in the months she?s been away in her home country. She issued a statement explaining why she has been in Monaco only once since January by disclosing this condition which requires her to stay put in SA for now. It appears more operations may be necessary.

Twitter and gossip sites have been aflame with theories about why she hasn?t been seen in Monaco for months and so this statement may quell the rumours for now. Albert and the children visited her in South Africa in May, and are likely to visit again soon.

No Cookies | The Chronicle

This is my original post which began this latest little spurt of discussion about Charlene and her health on this forum. The first and second paragraphs talk about serious ear, nose and throat infections which will  prevent her from returning to Monaco in the near future to celebrate her 10th wedding anniversary.

Blind Freddie (as we say here in Australia) would know that anybody with developing serious conditions to do with the ears would not fly on a plane anywhere.

Wannabie then joined the conversation by stating that Charlene?s husband was a Head of State and that therefore Charlene could fly anywhere she wanted. That missed the entire point of the previous posts by others which were discussing the health conditions that had just been announced.

As was stated by Tudor Queen and others including you and me, if a person has an ear problem requiring hospital procedures it doesn?t matter if the person?s husband is Emperor of the Universe, they don?t fly.

Amabel2

I agree... but Im a bit sceptical about the illness.  It may just be the Monaco way but they took a long time to say she was ill and then longer (As far as I recollect) to say that she needed surgery and that it would all take ages... Only I think when there had been discussion and stuff on social media for a few months noting Charlene's long absence... 

Curryong

Now Paris Match is speculating about Albert and Charlene, her long absence from Monaco and her illness.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR3miUWrPyL/?utm_medium=copy_link

sara8150

Blue Clover

I really hope she is well. Being away from her very young children for so long seems unusual.

wannable

The French and Monaco media are now publishing articles of imminent divorce, she was seen in Johannesburg looking to purchase a home, unnamed courtiers saying she has no intentions of coming back, unnamed close friend of the palace saying her medical condition excuse is wearing very thin. WOW.

Basically the most famous 2 people that have been for years taking pictures and royal reporter of the Monaco Royal family are implying:

1. Dec 2020 Charlene finds out Albert has another baby with a Brazilian
2. Dec 2020 She shaves her head practically entirely, punk look
3. Jan to Feb 2021 the unnamed sources says she has terrible mood swings
4. She leaves to SA and gets a ear infection. The excuse is wearing thin.

:happycry:

PrincessOfPeace

If true what a development.

Curryong

Lots of rumours lots of gossip in magazines. As of now however, both Charlene and the Palace at Monaco are following the Party line of ?Nothing untoward is happening, everybody move along? with the story that Charlene is going to return to Monaco at the end of October, her health restored.

Time, as always, will unveil the truth of the situation. At best all this speculation is baseless and this couple/family will continue living as they have for the past five or so years, in semi-detached fashion. At worst there will be a presumably discreet divorce and all sorts of stories will erupt.

Charlene is at the very least likely to return to Monaco at some time, if only to see her children. Jacques is heir to the Principality. He can?t be brought up on another Continent.

Amabel2

If she goes back to S Africa, she'll have to leave her children.. so it seems an insoluble problem.  I think there are definitely issues.. whether between the 2 of them or because Charlene dislikes Monaco and being a princess.. I dont think she'd be away so long due to illness.

PrincessOfPeace

The Palace has confirmed that Charlene is undergoing another surgery today and that Albert and the kids will join her in South Africa in the coming days to be with her during her recovery
(Although the kids have to be back in Monaco in early September for school).

https://twitter.com/Heaven_LeeM/status/1426154518232944643?s=20

Blue Clover

How long has Charlene been separated from her children? Leaving six-year-olds with a nanny for months on end, the mother may be very ill, is never a good idea. It is better for the children to be around the mother even if she is ill. I am not sure I understand the decision-making that has been a part of Carlene's illness. This estrangement/separation may be a combination of a legitimate illness and other marital issues. We will find out eventually.

Amabel2

Quote from: Blue Clover on August 17, 2021, 05:36:09 AM
How long has Charlene been separated from her children? Leaving six-year-olds with a nanny for months on end, the mother may be very ill, is never a good idea. It is better for the children to be around the mother even if she is ill. I am not sure I understand the decision-making that has been a part of Carlene's illness. This estrangement/separation may be a combination of a legitimate illness and other marital issues. We will find out eventually.
I think she's been away since about March..  I assume she was meant to come home within a  few weeks but this illness has gone on and on. However, given that they're very rich, I would have imagined the kids could have gone and stayed with her for long weekends at least.  At their age i dont think it matters if they miss a bit of school...

TLLK

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on August 13, 2021, 12:24:54 PM
The Palace has confirmed that Charlene is undergoing another surgery today and that Albert and the kids will join her in South Africa in the coming days to be with her during her recovery
(Although the kids have to be back in Monaco in early September for school).

https://twitter.com/Heaven_LeeM/status/1426154518232944643?s=20

Best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Macrobug67

Hope she heals soon.  I am quite curious what is happening but that is her private business.

Amabel2

Well assuming that they are telling the truth, she is having a lot of ENT infections and pain, possibly partly due to the fact that she was a professional swimmer.. and perhaps she also flew a lot.  But she has been in SA now for several months, her children are in Monaco.. and there have been rumours about issues in her marriage or in her princess role for a long time...
but the Monaco court does tend to try to avoid giving out information and they usually have to say something in the end.  Given that Charlene missed her wedding anniversary with Albert, and that she has not been active as a Princess for most of her marriage, it isn't surprising that this long absence has made people wonder if their marriage is in trouble or if Charlene has just become fed up with life in Monaco...
And I do wonder if the children could not have been flown to SA to see her more often during this time.... True there's Covid but all the same they are probalby missing their mother and they are young enough that missing shcool isn't really that big an issue...

Blue Clover

Quote from: Amabel2 on August 17, 2021, 08:12:54 AM
I think she's been away since about March..  I assume she was meant to come home within a  few weeks but this illness has gone on and on. However, given that they're very rich, I would have imagined the kids could have gone and stayed with her for long weekends at least.  At their age i dont think it matters if they miss a bit of school...
@Amabel2

I agree, having the children spend time with their mother is far more important at this age than school, a tutor or remote schools would be better. I can't imagine how the children are coping during this very long separation. They are only six years old.

I believe that her ENT problems are very serious but many mothers with severe health issues spend time with their very young children while sick.

Amabel2

oh well if there are marital issues I hope that they resolve them...

Blue Clover

Quote from: Amabel2 on August 19, 2021, 08:19:15 AM
oh well if there are marital issues I hope that they resolve them...

Yes, if they have marital issues on top of such serious and debilitating health issues, I hope they can resolve them and move forward.