The French Royal Familes Current events, general news and discussion

Started by TudorQueen, March 13, 2022, 09:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TudorQueen

A thread for  the current events, news and general discussion of  the two French Royal Houses: Orleans and Bourbon

Sorry if there is a thread this belongs, but I cant seem to find any for the French Royals. Sorry admin if needs moving.

Mobile uploads

Mica?la d'Orl?ans was the widow of Henri, Count of Paris who died in 2019. Micaela was his 2nd wife, and the couple had no children together.

Micaela did have a child Alexis B?uf with her first husband.

Alexis Boeuf and his Mother Princess Micaela d'Orleans during the... News Photo - Getty Images

Her husband had five children from his first wife, Duchess Marie-Th?r?se of W?rttemberg including the current count of Paris, Jean.

QuoteMica?la, the Dowager Countess of Paris, whose late husband was a pretender to the French throne, has died at the age of 83. Born Mica?la Ana Maria Cousi?o y Qui?ones de Le?n in Vichy on 30 April 1938, she worked in the media and with public relations and married Jean-Robert Boeuf in 1961. On 31 October 1984 she married Prince Henri, the then Count of Clermont, as his second wife. His father, the then Count of Paris, refused his consent to the marriage and disinherited his eldest son, but he was eventually reinstated and Mica?la was created Princess of Joinville. Her husband, who in 1999 succeeded his father as head of the former royal family and Count of Paris, died on 21 January 2019. His widow was not well enough to attend his funeral at Dreux. The couple had no children, but from her first marriage the Dowager Countess was the mother of Alexis. (Photo: Phidelorme/Wikimedia Commons) See less

TLLK

A little background on why there are three separate branches claiming the French throne.

Death of Count of Paris sparks pretend game of thrones in France | France | The Guardian

QuoteThe pretender to be French king is dead. Long live the other pretenders, all three.

France might have thought it had done with monarchs, first in 1793 when it sent Louis XVI to the guillotine during the French Revolution, and again when it exiled Napoleon III in 1870.
Henri d?Orl?ans in 1987.
Henri d?Orl?ans in 1987. Photograph: Pascal George/AFP/Getty Images

The death earlier this week of Henri d?Orl?ans, Count of Paris ? hailed by French royalists as Henri VII ? however, has again raised the question of succession to a non-existent throne.

Royalists claim Henri, who died aged 85 on Monday, 226 years to the day after Louis XVI was beheaded, had most claim to be king as a direct descendant of the Duke of Orl?ans, the brother of Louis XIV, the Sun King. His son, Prince Jean de France, inherits the title.

The legitimacy of this is contested by the rival Bourbon house, whose pretender king is Louis de Bourbon, the Duke of Anjou or Louis XX to his followers.

Louis is a direct descendant via the all-important male line of Louis XIV. He is also a descendant of Queen Victoria and the Spanish dictator Francisco Franco.
The third candidate is Jean-Christophe Napol?on, also known as Prince Napol?on. The 33-year-old, who studied at Harvard, is the great-great-great-great-nephew of Emperor Napoleon I and the Bonapartist pretender. He also has links to the Bourbon-Anjou and Orl?ans royal families and several other European dynasties.

The current Napol?on, who works as a banker in London, tries to keep out of the fray.

Louis de Bourbon, 44, who styles himself ?head of the Bourbon household?, was brought up partly in Spain and is subject to mockery from French royalists for his accent.

Meanwhile, Jean d?Orl?ans, 53, has shown himself to be a man of the people with support for the gilets jaunes protesters.

Of course, France is a republic and, as such, does not recognise those who claim to be French royalty, but for the would-be King Jean of Orl?ans ? whose motto is ?to serve France and the French? ? hope springs eternal.

?I think France is monarchist at heart, and republican through reason,? he said in a recent interview.

The funeral of Henri d?Orl?ans will be held on 2 February at the royal chapel at St-Louis de Dreux, the burial place of the Orl?ans family.

TudorQueen

The imperial claim has a new heir. Prince Napoleon and his wife welcomed their 1st child, a son.

Prince Louis Charles Riprand Victor J?r?me Marie Napol?on was born December 7.

L'Empire ? un Aiglon

Beyond Marie for religious, name honors family:

Louis-JC's grandfather
Charles- JC's father
Riprand-Oympia's father
Victor- Louis' father
Jerome- both for Napoleon's brother they are descended from and  his son Napoleon-Jerome (Victor's father)

Baby major royal lineeage, not only Napoleon.

-Jc mom is Princess Beatrice of Bourbon-two Sicilies older sister of current Duke of Castro
-Olympia's dad Count Riprand von und zu Arco-Zinneberg is great-grandson of Ludwig III through his daughter Gundelinde
-Olympia's mom is Archduchess Maria Beatrice of Austria-Este, older sister of Prince Lorenz of Belgium

Nightowl

How interesting and yet delightful for them. I find it interesting how former royal families of the past have held on to their heritage and kept it alive in today's time. 

Curryong

Thanks for the news about the new Bonaparte arrival TudorQueen. Congratulations to his parents. Baby Louis Charles has indeed a very regal lineage on both sides, which is quite unusual nowadays among noble and royal families.

Curryong

Quote from: PrincessOfPeace on June 09, 2023, 10:46:31 PM
Three aristocratic financiers who think they are rival contenders to be King of France... | Daily Mail Online

The last of the ancestors who founded these families sat on a Throne over 125 years ago, and the last Bourbon King was over 180 years ago. Quite frankly, even if I was extraordinarily proud of my ancestry (and it?s clear they all are) two generations away from a ruling monarch would be my cut off point of dreams and ambitions. If anyone further away than a grandfather called himself King but wasn?t I?d say it?s time to pop the facsimile sceptre and orb into a drawer somewhere and find another hobby. It?s not as if any sector of the French population is exactly calling for a Restoration!

TLLK

The Count and Countess of Paris have announced that they're expecting their sixth child which will be due in December 2023. Best wishes for an easy pregnancy and a safe delivery for mother and child.

Un sixi?me enfant pour Jean de France et son ?pouse Philomena | Point de Vue

Nightowl

Okay, not sure where to put this so please remove it or delete it if in the wrong place.....on TV today, Sunday 24, 2023 PBS had a great show about Notre Dame Cathedral's rebuilding.......it was just fabulous to watch, Nova was the TV show it was on.  I was stunned at all that went on and has been going on for years and how they have come up with ways to save what was left of the original cathedral.  I hope it is a rerun for the future as I wished I had recorded it.  Love PBS!

LouisFerdinand

The Count and Countess of Paris had a son born on December 31, 2023.   
His name is Prince Alphonse Charles Francois Marie.