Prince Harry and Meghan Markle relationship

Started by stepperry, November 02, 2016, 08:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

A lot to do with MM is media outlets jumping to conclusions about what she supposedly says, does, means on various occasions. As far as I know, and I've been following this romance ever since the letter just like every one else, Maghan's not actually said anything about any of these things that have come up in the Press.

She certainly didn't come out with a statement saying she didn't attend that wedding in California because she didn't want to overshadow the bride and groom. It's inevitable in filming that some actors and actresses are closer than others. So what if one actor from Suits was at the wedding and Meghan wasn't invited. Neither bride nor groom invited the entire cast of their shows to their wedding. If they'd invited everyone from Suits but Meghan then there would be something to discuss. That didn't happen however.

SophieChloe

Quote from: royalanthropologist on December 12, 2016, 02:40:40 PM
Hi guys. I have just registered on this forum although I have been a lurker for years.
Welcome to the Forum  :flower:
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

psm

MM has been using social media to drop clues or to simply troll so media have something to write about. She is also not being discreet, as in the way she's been using her accessories. I don't agree with the argument where else is she going to wear her necklace. She can keep it under a scarf or simply not wear it when going out unless she wants it to be photographed.

Also her relatives talked about her relationship extensively.

She is surrounded by entertainment business types, who are used to being in communication with media. Hence the constant sources, which are credible since her contacts have access to reporters and use PR people.

I still wonder why this relationship was rolled out the way it did. Either the couple hinted it on purpose because it got serious very fast, as in they are talking about getting married, if not already engaged. I initially thought this was the case until I decided MM is a little too thirsty. I now consider that the leak came from MM's circle.

Btw I am from Canada. Huge names are constantly in Toronto shooting movies and they are very rarely papped. I know the going price for a couple photo would be huge, but this still doesn't explain the constant photographing of her. I don't think they will get them here. Probably on their upcoming vacation. Both princes have been regularly photographed with their girlfriends on vacation, even honeymoon. So we will get the photo soon.

I'm disappointed in Harry. Not because she fell for her initially, she is gorgeous and independent and age appropriate, so good for him. But his handling since then and their mutual immaturity. Wth with matching bracelets and hormonal two day visits in breach of royal protocol. And of course MM's thirst.

sandy

Uncle Gary talked very indiscreetly  about the relationship of Kate and WIlliam, pre their engagement. Kate also used the media to "win back" William. Kate now is part of the family and this behavior did not disqualify her.  MM's relatives speak out but it is hardly taboo now since Kate got to be a royal despite it all.  Harry is one for 'matching bracelets.' He and Chelsy Davy did the same thing. I am not disappointed in him because I think it too early to tell plus both of these people are free to walk away and dating does not necessarily lead to marriage. I think Harry would have gotten criticized if he spoke of marriage too soon. He would have been accused of being too impulsive in that case. Kate and William BTW were married when they broke royal protocol when they skipped out on a royal duty to go to that place in France. Also William was reported to have skipped out on his ambulance work to go on a hunting weekend. Harry and Meghan are not engaged so I think some slack should be cut for them

TLLK

Quote from: royalanthropologist on December 12, 2016, 02:40:40 PM
Hi guys. I have just registered on this forum although I have been a lurker for years. One of the things that has really piqued my interest is the idea of a "suitable bride". I would have thought that after the Charles-Diana debacle, few people would ever put pressure on a royal to marry someone or not to marry someone??
Hi and welcome @royalanthropologist .

I would hope that no one ever has to face pressure to marry someone else. I tend to believe that QEII and the DoE rethought and revised the dating rules for Edward when his elder siblings' marriages collapsed in the 1990's. Edward and Sophie had the longest courtship of any of QEII's children. Hopefully the Queen and DoE's children have adopted a similar policy for their adult children so that potential brides/grooms can truly understand the expectations of marriage to a member of the BRF. 

psm

Well my examples were in response to a post about how MM hasn't said anything. Her circle has talked, leaked and she's subtly  communicated through her posts. So I don't buy that she's been utterly silent.

I think Kate was hungry for the title, but this is slightly different. I guess I hold royalty to a better standard than your average celebrity, so my impressions of MM as a minor celebrity courting attention upon bagging a major bachelor yields a negative conclusion. She could have conducted herself better, more discreetly without hurting her business which is built around her social media presence.

My disappointment in Harry is twofold.

One is the letter which upon my first reading I regarded to be a very romantic gesture and as a minority person who has suffered from racism I guess I was really impressed he talked about it. However upon further consideration, I came to the conclusion that just by changing the wording or communicating through other channels he could have still come against the racism and sexism, without sounding like his brother whining about media intrusion. Also he could have done this without acknowledging the relationship which has only added immense amount of fuel to the fire.

Now all articles cite the letter and can say, officially confirmed. How does this help with his desire of privacy and his request for media to stop following MM? He has in the past complained that people marry him to any woman he talks to, that he needs to nurture a relationship without outside  pressure, yet releasing that letter now caused everyone to conclude this is way more serious and everyone's expecting an engagement announcement. I know I am, and considering how short their relationship has been and how little time they've spent together, I think it would be a disaster.

Also the wording had clear North American tone to it, which the DM article confirmed. So MM misjudged, or egged him on to publicly acknowledge her, or went full activist, which is something admirable, but it's just trouble for BRF.

The second misstep was Harry's lying and flying to Toronto in breach of royal protocol. This was an absolute no for me. It was immature, ill-concieved and one of them should have acted as the adult. And guess what, if my initial admiration of MM were to hold true, she should have acted like the older, wiser person who had more life experience. However she's been party to a spoiled behaviour which confirmed what's known about most actors, they are attention-hungry, egotistical and usually immature.

So we'll see where this leads. As much as I'd love to see Harry with a woman who is not BBB, MM has so far left a bad taste in my mouth. I remember the things I've criticized about Chelsy, and how they were so minor compared to this lady, I kind of wish they went back together. Here is something I never thought I'd say.

FanDianaFancy

Quote from: Vesper on December 08, 2016, 07:33:14 PM
^^ And I have the opposite view. While I agree she's more intelligent and articulate than you know who, she also has some very strong negative attributes that are far more dangerous for the monarchy. Miss outspoken - I'm a great feminist - which is all a show anyway, is going to have a rude awakening if she marries in. What happens when she has to fall in line and her famewhoring is limited? I foresee the airing of the dirty laundry that will make Diana and Fergie look docile. The way this relationship started and was unveiled will be how the marriage between the two will end, full of drama and acrimony. She's an actress and will get high on the publicity.

I agree if she is his choice,fine!!
If  he is her choice, fine!!
Each other's  choice, FINE!!!  Best to them. Everyone likes to see a happy  ending.

As I have said before,  BRF  is not  celebrityville  for  the  BRF, the B govt., the  country, the  people there, and the  Commonwealth.
For  being  in the BRF,  most  world reknown,  most  wealthy,  and more, there are unbelievable , undeniable freedoms that  one  cannot imagine. The wealthiest  of the world's wealth  cannot  even  have  or imagine.  Priceless jewels,  estate  used for  a  personal home ( Anmer Hall, Highgrove, etc.)  historic  castles/palaces,  all for your  use and  paid  for the by the  govt.,  or the  duchy's  or  yearly  income  for the govt. Fabulous vacations free  of charge. National  security  which can  be  or  not  be  sometimes  a  feeling of imprisonment. Meeting the worlds'  leaders,  going , free of charge to  shows/concerts and plays and other forms of entertainment such as  sports things like  Wimbledon.
Designers  sending clothing or charging less  than they would for  their wealthy  people  or entertainers.
The list  of things are endless. Oh, do not forget the fancy  personal  cars-Rolls Royce, Jaquar, Range Rovers, etc.  Sometimes they  might  have to rough it  and ride in a  priceless carriage  for like for Ascot.
Don't worry  ever about  running errands other than shopping .  There are  staff for all of those mundane normal  people chores  like coking, cleaning, etc.

They  have  freedoms  to  have a  real life as in  friends,  doing normal things, etc.
Behind the palace walls, they  live normal lives in their world.

The TRADEOFF.  Here is where I agree with  Vesper and  I  have posted over and over. Can  MM  realize what she  is  getting into to No turning back.  TPTB will have her whole life  planned  out  from names to chose from for  her kids, godparents to select from  to  her funeral procession  one day. Oh she and PH  can determine  when they  want  a  child, LOL. Gone long gone are the days  when  TPTB  witness the consummation of  the marriage and  labor  and delivery  of  the HRH heirs.

Can she withstand Black America  bullying her?  Can she do her job?  I mean I, we  are no where near that world  she may  enter, but  we  are  just big fans  and  have read how it works.  the mystery, magic, privacy,  respect  is what  keeps that machine going. YES, PC, CPB, then PD and  PAndrew and Fergie still  have done much to destroy  it.

I  believe that  PH, like  a  lot of people  his age  or who wants to settle down,  is looking for  keeps and  perhaps MM is too. I posted before, gessch, PW and his wife, C, and oh then there  is PH tagging along to events...a third wheel  is what we say  in The USA.

IMHO, MM  is  far more  advanced in single adult life than K was. PH  is far more  dedicated to working, his duties and  being in the public eye and with the media than PW  is  at  . Thing is, PH and his  wife whoever she  will be  are  not  next up. PW and K are.

royalanthropologist

Quote from: psm on December 13, 2016, 02:02:23 AM
Well my examples were in response to a post about how MM hasn't said anything. Her circle has talked, leaked and she's subtly  communicated through her posts. So I don't buy that she's been utterly silent.

I think Kate was hungry for the title, but this is slightly different. I guess I hold royalty to a better standard than your average celebrity, so my impressions of MM as a minor celebrity courting attention upon bagging a major bachelor yields a negative conclusion. She could have conducted herself better, more discreetly without hurting her business which is built around her social media presence.

One is the letter which upon my first reading I regarded to be a very romantic gesture and as a minority person who has suffered from racism I guess I was really impressed he talked about it. However upon further consideration, I came to the conclusion that just by changing the wording or communicating through other channels he could have still come against the racism and sexism, without sounding like his brother whining about media intrusion. Also he could have done this without acknowledging the relationship which has only added immense amount of fuel to the fire.

Now all articles cite the letter and can say, officially confirmed. How does this help with his desire of privacy and his request for media to stop following MM? He has in the past complained that people marry him to any woman he talks to, that he needs to nurture a relationship without outside  pressure, yet releasing that letter now caused everyone to conclude this is way more serious and everyone's expecting an engagement announcement. I know I am, and considering how short their relationship has been and how little time they've spent together, I think it would be a disaster.

Also the wording had clear North American tone to it, which the DM article confirmed. So MM misjudged, or egged him on to publicly acknowledge her, or went full activist, which is something admirable, but it's just trouble for BRF.

The second misstep was Harry's lying and flying to Toronto in breach of royal protocol. This was an absolute no for me. It was immature, ill-concieved and one of them should have acted as the adult. And guess what, if my initial admiration of MM were to hold true, she should have acted like the older, wiser person who had more life experience. However she's been party to a spoiled behaviour which confirmed what's known about most actors, they are attention-hungry, egotistical and usually immature.

So we'll see where this leads. As much as I'd love to see Harry with a woman who is not BBB, MM has so far left a bad taste in my mouth. I remember the things I've criticized about Chelsy, and how they were so minor compared to this lady, I kind of wish they went back together. Here is something I never thought I'd say.

Thanks for the welcome. Another person once told me that maybe they should go back to the old system of marrying each other (e.g. European royalty). For example the problems Beatrice and Eugene are facing is precisely because they were not married off to be queens and princesses in other kingdoms. Imagine if either of them was a crown princess of Norway, Denmark or Netherlands? There would be no more fuss about what to do with them. Also imagine if Madeline of Sweden was William's wife. The British monarchy would experience a revival not seen since the days of Diana and this time they would have a princess that had seen it all. She would know what to expect and what to do about the media. Maybe marrying "commoners" is not what it is cracked up to be after all? :partaay:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Kinkade

The thirst is so real and so evident, the dislike that Meghan is receiving has nothing to do w/ her being bi-racial.She's not the first nor will she be the last bi-racial woman on this planet to face so many challenges in their respective careers. She's not the first actress either to raise this concern. Case in point, look at Rashida Jones... who graduated from Harvard , btw.

And oh look, she's papped walking her dog in Toronto in full outfit and make-up. Have you ever seen A-list celebs in Los Angeles or NYC walking their dogs or out w/ their children? Jen Garner, Gwyneth Paltrow, Naomi Watts, Mila Kunis... etc, etc. They're wearing T-shirts, sweatpants, sneakers and no makeup.

Her Social Media only promotes herself. If you have any doubts, compare hers w/ her co-stars Sarah Rafferty, Gabriel Macht or Patrick Adams? They've been promoting Suits. And when they show glimpses of their private lives, it is warm, funny and full of love, not staged or aimed to show a certain "chic lifestyle".

Truth is, I'm disappointed in her and Harry. I had a higher expectation from them because they are supposedly older. Like many here, the way they've handled this whole thing has really turned me off. What more the opinions & reactions of British citizens who support the BRF through their taxes. And now Canadian taxpayers have to pay for security also.

As for marrying co-royals... I think their parents (previous generations) received that pressure and are trying to not put it on the new generation. Plus, I can't imagine the new generation having the selfless patience and fortitude needed to stay in that marriage even when the partner isn't ideal ... e.g. is the former King and Queen of Spain JC and Sofia. If rumors of his antics and misbehavior are true, then I admire her fortitude & honor in staying in that marriage. For the previous generations, duty and country usually comes first (w/ some exceptions like the Duke of Windsor). Although I agree, if they marry co-Royals or other aristocrats, everything would be handled better and the duty and responsibility expected from them wouldn't come as a surprise. SO far, Prince Guillame and Princess Stephanie have been handling their duties just dine.

TLLK

Quote from: royalanthropologist on December 13, 2016, 04:31:38 AM
Quote from: psm on December 13, 2016, 02:02:23 AM

Thanks for the welcome. Another person once told me that maybe they should go back to the old system of marrying each other (e.g. European royalty). For example the problems Beatrice and Eugene are facing is precisely because they were not married off to be queens and princesses in other kingdoms. Imagine if either of them was a crown princess of Norway, Denmark or Netherlands? There would be no more fuss about what to do with them. Also imagine if Madeline of Sweden was William's wife. The British monarchy would experience a revival not seen since the days of Diana and this time they would have a princess that had seen it all. She would know what to expect and what to do about the media. Maybe marrying "commoners" is not what it is cracked up to be after all? :partaay:
IMO the commoners who have married royalty in recent years are doing quite well as Queen or Princess Consorts (Maxima, Mathilde, Letizia Jetsum, Salma) or as the spouse of the heir-to-the-throne (Mary, Mette Marit, Stephanie, Daniel). The only one who has truly struggled is CP Masako of Japan and she was diagnosed with an adjustment disorder similar to her mother-in-law's. 

And we do have among the older generation  examples of equal royal marriages. QEII and the DoE are still going strong, but then again King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia have certainly had their marital problems.

Not sure if going back to the tradition of royals marrying royals is the way to go. At least if the pool is opened to a larger group of people there is the greater chance that they'll find someone with whom they are truly compatible.

royalanthropologist

You are quite right. Many commoners have done well but poor Beatrice and Eugene are left looking like a pair of bad pennies. There is an open season on them in the Daily Mail and Express. I bet their parents wished they had planned for them in adulthood. As for Meghan, I think that Britain is not yet quite ready for a princess Meghan. Lol. :hehe:
"In the past, people were born royal. Nowadays, royalty comes from what you do"...Gianni Versace

Kinkade

I think the topic of marrying royals to each other or not is an interesting. I don't know if this is the proper thread for it.

Queens Maxima, Mathilde & Letizia have done well and earned the respect & love of most. Personally, I like them. I think most importantly is that though they're intelligent, well bred women w/ their own personalities, their main goals is to help boost and support their partners to make them more respectable monarchs for their respective countries and not gain attention just for themselves. 

I have a special regard for CP Masako. Such an intelligent and smart woman who has been put under so much pressure to give birth to a son. She was hesitant to marry Naruhito but I guess she did it partly as a duty to her country. I have to give credit to Naruhito also for standing up for her against TPTB. There were rumors he was asked to put her aside, w/c he refused. If you think that European Royal families are controlling, it is nothing compared to Asian Royal families. The pressure to perform their duty and fulfill their responsibility is so strong. NO wonder she went under depression.

Eri

This is all so weird ... he dropped Mollie King and Flee because he thought they were leaking to the press and he got his friends to say so in the press while this woman (and her family) are making both of them look like class acts ... also ... she seems to have no intention of making any sacrifices but use him for attention ... she lives a Continent away and I can't see how this will last ... other weird things to note ... he makes an ignorant statement demanding privacy knowing full well ( unless he is even more stupid than I think him to be) that would triple the attention and him like someone on another board pointed out visiting her after his Tour making it officially a joke and bringing him incredibly bad PR when he could have easily visited her at this particularly free time without any publicity ...

Trudie

^ She lives a continent away and you can't see how this will last? It worked in the case of Autumn and Peter.

Eri

^ We are talking about Harry ... he tried it with Chelsy and it didn't work ... they broke up each time she stayed in London for more than a weekend ... and I don't think he feels about Megan how he felt about Chelsy (Chelsy we miss you :wub:) yeah I am on and off with Chelsy ... once I liked her than not so much now she is looking like a good idea to me again ... let's hope those two find their way back to each other again ...

royalanthropologist

I think that any potential princess must also woo her potential "people". That means trying to show the public that you are suited to the role and committed to it. The biggest problem with royals today is that they want an "ordinary" life with all its privileges of privacy yet they are happy to take the privileges of being a prince/princess. Calling your potential "subjects" misogynistic racists is not a good starting point. I think people are quite entitled to set some criteria for who and who cannot be a princess since they will eventually pay for them  in some way or the other. Meghan and Harry should not bite the hand that feeds them. That unfortunate statement spoke to me of a precious young man whose whims have been indulged all his life. Now that people critique his choice of girlfriend, he lashes out. Of course Harry is quite free to marry whoever he chooses (without criticism) as long as he gives up the princely status. The other alternative is to put up and shut up ala Camilla style. One sure thing is that the British people "will not go quietly"...to quote a certain famous person.

good221

It does not matter what you say, harry and Meghan still going strong, Now she is in London Christmas shopping for  trees and gifts. The Queen, Charles, William are all accepting her and let them be. I cannot get why you  all are stressing yourself out over this.
Meg and harry are in the palace KP and laughing about the nay sayer. Harry chose meg despite all the wrong.
Twitter

Eri

^ Weird YOU are the one to say that ... you called Cressida every name in the book like it made a difference ... let others do the same if they don't like Megan ...  still NO pictures ... photographers only do their job when she feels like having a pap stroll apparently ...

royalanthropologist

It is a very foolish prince that does not care what his people think. Some have lost their heads behaving like that.  :hehe: But seriously I don't think people hate Meghan per say. They are just expressing some reservations. I think that the best way is to try and take their reservations on board (Meet me halfway kind of thing). Telling them to butt out might sound empowered but eventually it makes you lose supporters. The monarchy in modern times is nothing without the great unwashed masses.

Cat00

Quote from: michelle0187 on December 12, 2016, 08:35:58 PM
^ How is a woman who has a law degree and another graduated  college,  considered airheads. It's interesting how some fans of meg like to insult those who aren't fans of hers. Then turn around and insult his previous girlfriends. As if ridiculing his exes and call them all sorts of names is fine, just as long as they like meg.

First, I'm not a Meghan fan, I just liked her because I like intelligent, determined, independent women who earn their own money, I hate futile people. And since when have a degree  makes person mature? I know several people with more than one college who are completely futile, childish, idiots and airhead. And just as you attack Meghan, I also have the right to speak of Harry's ex-girlfriends because I did not like them

Trudie

It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks about this relationship the bottom line is as far as Harry is concerned the only opinions that matter will be The Queens and his father depending on if he decides to marry her and who is on the throne. As Fifth in line he is still required to see permission to marry.

Cat00

Quote from: SophieChloe on December 12, 2016, 08:36:44 PM
Quote from: Cat00 on December 12, 2016, 06:41:25 PM

I loved that letter, showed a man in love defending his girlfriend from the jealous and embittered people. :teehee:

I'm interested to know why you call people "jealous" and "embittered"? @Cat00  - are you implying they want to marry Harry?  He is, when all said an done an unemployed man in his thirties.  However, I realise an HRH does strange things to some.

To me people these people who are attacking Meghan are envious yes, they wanted to be in her place. And if Harry is a 30 year old unemployed, he must have his qualities, otherwise did not have as much woman wasting time in desperate forums, attacking his current girlfriend and arguing about his life

Eri

If Harry doesn't care what people think he will be just another Andrew ... his uncle is like that and look where it got him ... I think WE all wish he doesn't go that route ... too bad he is already there if you ask me ...

Double post auto-merged: December 13, 2016, 02:42:21 PM

Quote from: Cat00 on December 13, 2016, 02:39:35 PM
Quote from: SophieChloe on December 12, 2016, 08:36:44 PM
Quote from: Cat00 on December 12, 2016, 06:41:25 PM

I loved that letter, showed a man in love defending his girlfriend from the jealous and embittered people. :teehee:

I'm interested to know why you call people "jealous" and "embittered"? @Cat00  - are you implying they want to marry Harry?  He is, when all said an done an unemployed man in his thirties.  However, I realise an HRH does strange things to some.

To me people these people who are attacking Meghan are envious yes, they wanted to be in her place. And if Harry is a 30 year old unemployed, he must have his qualities, otherwise did not have as much woman wasting time in desperate forums, attacking his current girlfriend and arguing about his life
Hmmm ... NO ONE wanted Harry ... that's how he ended with Megan in the first place ... THREE years alone  ...there were NO lines forming to date him so I would say no one is jealous of Megan she can have Harry ... still no pictures ...