movie about Anne

Started by amabel, May 16, 2010, 01:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amabel

I am not an Anne fan, but I just found myself thinking, there are several movies about Diana and sort of about Charles and one or 2 about Fergie.. but none about Anne.  Can anyhone imagine it?  I think that she's so dour and has always been pretty unpopular, that one can't imagine anyone wanting to wathc a film about her....
Does anyone think that there might be a case for a movie about her>

Lindelle

amabel,it would be outstanding!
I bet they'd put in the part where her car was shot at.
Question is..................who could play the part?
I'd certainly enjoy watching it.

amabel

Quote from: Lindelle on May 16, 2010, 01:19:04 PM
amabel,it would be outstanding!
I bet they'd put in the part where her car was shot at.
Question is..................who could play the part?
I'd certainly enjoy watching it.
yeah that is the only ting in her life that she's really famous for... being shot at! oh and being horsey and rude....

Lindelle

But she's done a lot of charity work, so that'd have to go in and the fact that she had to compete with -you know who - still, if the film started from the time she was a child to the present day, it might have a little interest in it.
Actually, I like Anne a lot.
I think she softened as she's gotten older.

amabel

Quote from: Lindelle on May 16, 2010, 01:27:50 PM
But she's done a lot of charity work, so that's have to go in and the fact that she had to compete with -you know who - still, if the film started from the time she was a child to the present day, it might have a little interest in it.
Actually, I like Anne a lot.
I think she softened as she's gotten older.

MMm she's done a lot of Charity work, but she's never done it with good grace has she? I doubt if anyone felt uplifted by seeing Anne turn up to any kind of event, or was pleased, if they were a sick child, when she showed up at the hosptial or camp or whatever, the way that people did wehn Diana came along.
I know that she suffers by comparison with "you know who" because she was never pretty or charming, but still i think a lot of it was her own fault.  She always looked like she was bored with the whole thing and would rather be off riding yet I think she got very sulky when Di joined the firm and knocked her off the front pages....

Lindelle

Yes I have to agree there, she probably did become sulky, the same way Diana didn't like it when Sarah took the stage.............what goes around...........................anyway, we've spoken about Anne in another thread (which I don't think you were around for), which if I can find I shall direct you because it's rather an interesting take on why we thought she looked the way she does in many pics.
To make a long story short - she can't be expected to go into a hospital and look ecstatic when she's looking at a dying child, it's human nature that she'd take these feelings home with her. Oh how I wish I could find a youtube on the interview she gave referring to just that.

someonewholovesharry

and where can we find this film
Harryite # 0131                   Cherryite # 0001                   Chelsyite # 0037

Kate

Hi... I think there could be a passable movie made on Anne. After all, she is well respected through the horse world and Olympic world... She had a romance with Andrew Parker Bowles,(They may have had married had he not been catholic), married Mr. PHilips ,who was handsome and very much into the horse world and then there were the love letters which were found  ( I can't remember if they got published) written to her by her present younger husband. Then there was allegedly, the body guard, who has been rumoured to have been the biological father of Zara...
Anne is not a slouch.. She has money, has had romances, success in a competable sport. When she was young and wore her hair down, she was quite attractive and she has/had the best shaped body of any of the other royals! She has never tried to make herself look what she could have, IMO. She does her own hair ( and to me that shows!). She gave her two children the chance of a very normal life, under special circumstances, which I'm sure they praise her for doing so. Also of course, was the attempted kidnapping of her....She has supported her mother, The Queen as daughter and work mate..I think there could be a movie made...

amabel

Quote from: Lindelle on May 16, 2010, 01:46:04 PM
Yes I have to agree there, she probably did become sulky, the same way Diana didn't like it when Sarah took the stage.............what goes around...........................anyway, we've spoken about Anne in another thread (which I don't think you were around for

I think she was always sulky.  She was never popular and in the 70s she was still concentrating on her riding and didn't I think want to do reoayl engagements, but in the 80s she did a Lot More engagements I think because she was competing rather hoplesslesly with Diana, and she did manage to get a bit of good press as "OK she's not pretty or charming but she does work hard!"  but I think ti was all done with bad grace.  and I suspect some of it was due to the fact that in the 80s her marriage had all but broken down and she had more time on her hands. 
I don't think that Di was really "sulky" when fergie truend up. I think she was wary of her, a bit afraid that she might take away some of her popularity, but i never saw her scowling in the way that Anne habitually did, or looking like she wished she was a million miles away when working a crowd.  I think that soon Di realised she Had nothing much to fear from Fergie  and I dont think  it ever affected her public work.... She found it depressing and saddening to see dying children etc too, but she put on a smile for them, because she knew that was what they wanted.... and I thin she went home and fretted about it whereas I don't believe that Anne really gave anyone less fortunate than herself a second thought...