PETER AND AUTUMN MOVE TO HONG KONG CHINA

Started by angieuk, August 13, 2008, 08:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angieuk

Is it true that Peter and Autumn have moved to Hong Kong CHINA to start a new life according to Hello Magazine?

Haidee

:hmm: I havent heard anything.... i dont think so otherwise there would be more press coverage :shrug: who knows...

angieuk

From this week's Hello Magazine says they are moving to HONG KONG?

PETER and AUTUMN PHILLIPS The newlyweds look East as they prepare for a new life in Hong Kong

princessoctavia

I think they said in the last interview that they were travelling around the world for a couple of years before starting a family.

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

mclarek

^ work..no they'll just have Hello magazine pay them large sums of money every few weeks! :lmao: My guess is they'll arrange banking positions consistent with the ones they have with RB Scotland (assuming Autumn works there as well, can't recall).  Plus she has a degree in Asian languages or something like that! Good for them. :high5:

angieuk

Autumn and Peter are moving (have already gone) to the FAR EAST HONG KONG as Peter has been posted overseas by the company he works for.  They are both said to be looking forward to living in Hong Kong possibly returning in 2012.  Interview and pictures in Hello Magazine this week.

lurker

Can those two not do anything without a Hello spread anymore? It's getting rather annoying...
Thomas van Straubenzee fan No. 1! :wub2:

Rhiannon*

:blink: I'm really surprised this hasn't gotten more press coverage. Well, best of luck to them! It might be quite the culture shock but what a lovely adventure for the two of them to start on.

Rasta Watermelon

At least they are doing something constructive with their lives.

fawbert

He's with the Royal Bank of Scotland over there.
Fawbert

Rasta Watermelon

MapleLeaf

Article about Peter and Autumn in the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1047881/Royal-chill-Autumn-Peter.html

:thumbsdown:  Nasty, snarky Daily Mail!!  I think they suck.
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

Monika

There's nothing new about this article.  It's just a rehash of fictitious dust that had already settled.   

AP:  "Kate Middleton Found Guilty of Breaking 11th Commandment:  Thou Shalt Not Be Luckier Than I"

wannable

Rasta Watermelon

They still have not got over the Hello deal have they?

lurker

Apparently not no. I fear we'll get the whole Hello angle to everything written about Peter and Autumn now. I think it's a great idea for them to move to Hongkong. It's always god to live away from home and broaden one's horizon and Autumn escapes constant pregnancy speculation...
Thomas van Straubenzee fan No. 1! :wub2:

Kate

<_<Peter and Autumn have been in almost every HELLO issue, from just prior to their wedding...There seems always to be an article on them. I wonder if that was part of the "deal" they made with the mag....

In retrospect, I do not think they should have gone this route...When the other royals are striving for as much privacy as they can, in their personal lives, Peter allowed and was paid for, the exact opposite.. Up until his wedding, he was very seldom in the news, and I wonder just how much influence his new wife had on him, when completing this deal... Does she like the limelight? Is she awed about being the daughter in law, of Princess Anne and married to the Queen's first grandchild??  Just wondering..
Again, I think the wedding could have been paid for by other means!! :unsure:

princessoctavia

I think its probably gone to her head I think it goes to anyones head who goes out with or is married to a royal especially if you dont come from a highclass family.

Jenee

QuoteConveniently, Phillips, 30, has taken a three-year posting in Hong Kong to head group sponsorship for Asia for the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Canadian-born Autumn, also 30, who studied Mandarin at university, quit her job as PA to former TV presenter Sir Michael Parkinson.

I wonder what Autumn will do in HK?
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Ytsken

Autumn has a BA in East Asian Studies. I imagine that she'll be able to find a job in Hong Kong relatively quickly. In fact, I half suspect that's why they're going there, to not just any part of the world but one in which she can make the most use of her degree.

Yes, that totally means that imho if Peter wanted to live somewhere in the USA, his employers would have been able to find him a position there.  :wink:

Kuei Fei

Quote from: princessoctavia on August 22, 2008, 03:37:12 PM
I think its probably gone to her head I think it goes to anyones head who goes out with or is married to a royal especially if you dont come from a highclass family.

Possibly true.

mclarek

Quote from: Kate on August 22, 2008, 12:11:50 PMIn retrospect, I do not think they should have gone this route...When the other royals are striving for as much privacy as they can, in their personal lives, Peter allowed and was paid for, the exact opposite.. Up until his wedding, he was very seldom in the news, and I wonder just how much influence his new wife had on him

I think this is what they are doing..striving for privacy! Also: Hong Kong is place to be for young up and comers in the business world.  If they are in banking,  it is the place to fast forward their careers in international banking and/or investments!  Now they can turn that Hello million into millions!  :hehe:

princesslily

Hong Kong is great to work. I'm here right now working. Repulse Bay is my favourite place. I hope to move there next year once I find the right flatmates.

Lila the Flirt

Quote from: Jenee on August 22, 2008, 09:25:33 PM
I wonder what Autumn will do in HK?

There are lots she can do over there and it helps a lot she knows Mandarin. I am impressed! I only know how to say the pleasantries, numbers, how much is this and where are the shops?  :laugh:

I suppose it's better they moved away from England. The first few years of marriage is difficult, yes? It would be easier for them if they aren't followed by the press.

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila: