Duchess of York Attacks Critics of Daughter Princess Beatrice in Bikini Photos

Started by MapleLeaf, May 14, 2008, 04:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MapleLeaf

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1315918,00.html?f=rss   From the article:

The Duchess of York has hit back at those who have criticised her daughter's weight.
Princess Beatrice was photographed looking curvy in a bikini on a Caribbean beach, prompting some commentators to suggest the 19-year-old should cover-up.

"Touch me, fine, but don't touch my children," the Duchess said.

Good for you Sarah, for standing up for your daughter! :thumbsup:
:happycanada:

Facts do not cease to exist just because they are ignored.
~Aldous Huxley
:xmas10:

Inge Jones

Sarah is also quoted as saying
QuoteHer mother Sarah Ferguson insisted the Princess was a "healthy size 10".

Oooh she is NOT too!  There is nothing wrong with Beatrice's body, but a size 10 she absolutely is not!   :o

alsgal

hee hee.. nothing like a mother's love and defence!!  I love Ferg, but.... a 10 is strrrrrrrrrrrrretching it :):)
I saw the pics, and unless the camera lens were at a really bad angle (REALLY bad) then I wouldn't be wearing that suit either. There's tons of youthful fun suits out there, anything but that skimpy hipster!
!!!!! Wills is Happy!!!!! ( :D click the link to see how happy Wills is!)

Anyasha

A UK 10 is a US 8 I believe, which I don't really think Bea is, but nontheless I think she looks beautiful, she is healthy and that's all that matters. Bravo to Sarah for saying something.

Rasta Watermelon

Stix Chix

yes! :high5:  i was hoping Sarah would take up the journalist for saying that stuff about her daughter.  i'm not surprised the journalist hasn't had the guts to reply to her calls.  it's easy to make fun of someone on paper...or online for that matter....but when you've got them in your face its a whole other story. :P

Harryite #0004

Jenee

Well done Sarah for saying something!  Who cares what size Bea wears... when looking at 'ideal weight' and body fat percentage, she may be a bit on the high side, but she looks fine, and certainly doesn't look unhealthy!
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Fabulous Fake

I couldn't care less what size Beatrice is but if either she or her mother don't like the heat,they should both get out of the kitchen.

EDIT

No name-calling please

Inge Jones

Eh?  Beatrice was on a private holiday in a normal area for having private holidays in when that photo was taken and the stupid DM journo took a pop at her.  If it had been about what she was wearing to an official do, then maybe a comment would be excusable.

Fabulous Fake

Sorry.

If she hadn't wanted to be photographed she wouldn't have put herself in the position that she could have been.
If you look back at the photographs she was quite clearly aware that they were being taken.

Inge Jones

So what in your opinion would they have to do to "get out of the kitchen"?  Behaving like normal private people on a normal holiday isn't it, apparently.  What should they do spend the whole holiday shut in a beach hut surrounded by bodyguards to rebuff photographes?

alsgal

hmm it is getting difficult for the poor royals to find a secure holiday spot, but with all that money between the two, you would think there would be something.  I would ensure that I was tastefully dressed at all times anyways, the problem here was that she just had a really ugly skimpy suit on. If it had of been a better suit the curves wouldn't have been so distasteful. It reminded me of the picture of Chelsy's plumbers crack in a pair of pants. That's distasteful on any girl except the trashy chicks.

Inge Jones

The Yorks are not known for their dress sense, full stop.  However, it's only the business of the newspapers when they are displaying poor fashion sense on legitimately newsworthy occasions, like being in the royal box at Ascot, or Fergie's strange headdress at Diana's funeral.

alsgal

Can't remember the head dress, i must google it. I agree, I love Fergie but she had no dress sense.

hee hee just found it. Didn't the girls look cute in their double breasted and tams?

Trudie

Well I have to agree with Sarah That journalist took a cheap shot and hasn't the nerve to call back. I suppose if Bea became another Posh Spice the nasty remarks would still continue. If it were my daughter I would be the same mother bear Sarah is.  :thumbsup:

PopppyDaisy

Quote from: Fabulous Fake on May 15, 2008, 10:00:16 AM
Sorry.

If she hadn't wanted to be photographed she wouldn't have put herself in the position that she could have been.
If you look back at the photographs she was quite clearly aware that they were being taken.

What so she should lock herself in a closet and wear a nun's outfit 'just in case' some journo wants to come along and call her fat while she's enjoying her private time wth her boyfriend  :hehe:
HARRYITE #0012
Harry~Hands Down

Trudie

For heavens sake she is only 19. Thank God she is not anorexic looking. Not every one aspires to be a size 0 and look like a walking skeleton. :thumbsdown: I being American forgot the size convertion but Isn't a size 10 close to an American 12-14? it seems healthy to me. :shrug:

Inge Jones

PopppyDaisy

Yeah I agree with Inge Jones  I've always put her as 12-14 depending on the shop (in the UK every shop seems to sell at different sizes grrrrrr) and the type of clothes.

She's hardly obese or even fat.

I think thats US size 10
HARRYITE #0012
Harry~Hands Down

Inge Jones

When I was young, in the 60s, UK size 14 was considered pretty normal, at size 12 you would be really proud.  At size 16 you started thinking about dieting, if you were fashion conscious, but even at a size 16 then no one would call you fat.  Size 18 was considered getting too large for a young person.

PopppyDaisy

For my age group which is 2 years younger than Bea, 10 is the desired size, 12 - 14 is the average or normal, 16's getting a bit porky and 18+ is considered overweight. While you do get a handful in the 8 and below range most people prefer to have a bit more meat on their bones then that!

So doesn't look like much has changed.
HARRYITE #0012
Harry~Hands Down

Inge Jones

The main difference then is size 12 in my day was the desired size (now it's 10) size 10 in my day was a bit skinny, and size 8 you couldn't usually get in mainstream shops.  People had to start looking in the kids section for that size!

Kuei Fei

Why does Fergie defend Beatrice? Beatrice is what is now considered to be an adult and I don't see why Beatrice has to be shielded. She (Beatrice) has no problems choosing to go out boozing in hideous outfits or bikinis that don't look good on her or flatter her figure. Beatrice is merrily blowing taxpayer money on parties and nightclubbing while using her inheritance on a ridiculously large flat for her university years, which we all know she won't even need since she won't really have a career aside from cutting ribbons and greeting dignitaries.

Inge Jones

Quote from: Kuei Fei on May 17, 2008, 02:13:55 PM
Why does Fergie defend Beatrice? Beatrice is what is now considered to be an adult and I don't see why Beatrice has to be shielded.

I don't know if you're a mother, but as a mother myself I know I would never stop feeling protective towards my now-adult children

QuoteBeatrice is merrily blowing taxpayer money

I don't believe the Yorks get civil list - or Andrew might get some now he actually is a working  royal.  I don't think he gets any extra in respect of Beatrice's upkeep - ie he'd get the same whether she existed or not.   Sarah is wealthy in her own right, and I expect it's largely she who pays for Beatrice's lifestyle.