William Secret "Engagement"

Started by kasper, June 15, 2003, 02:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasper

REVEALED: Prince's romance with safari girl  
Wills' secret 'engagement'

By Clive Goodman

PRINCE William fell madly in love with an African safari stunner.

The young royal, 21 next Saturday, was so smitten he went through a secret fun 'engagement' pact with Jessica Craig, daughter of a wealthy game boss, while in Kenya on his gap year break.

A friend revealed last night: "She made a big impression-it was a serious fling."

The handsome young royal fell desperately for stunning Jessica Craig, 21, and the couple pledged their love for each other with a secret 'engagement' in the bush.

It was Jessica-known as Jecca to pals, and whose dad Ian owns the Kenyan ranch where William spent part of his gap year-who inspired the prince's bid to learn the local language Swahili.

And he is planning to return to the remote 55,000-acre Lewa Down game reserve on the slopes of Mount Kenya when he finishes university.

Meanwhile Jecca is expected to be one of the star guests at his 21st birthday party next Saturday.

Passion

William is still so in love with his wild adventure that the entire party has an Out of Africa theme.

One family friend said: "Someone and something clearly made a huge impression on him."

The prince spoke movingly of his passion for Africa during an interview to mark his two years at St Andrews University in Scotland last month.

"I'm trying to teach myself Swahili, which has proved a little harder than I thought," he said.

"I love the people of Africa and I'd like to know more about them, and to speak to them.

"I've got a book and a book-tape-and they're collecting dust quite rapidly but I am trying to make progress." William's hush-hush 'engagement' came to light yesterday in a new profile of the prince.

One Kenyan source is quoted, saying: "It's a fairly open secret that he had a fairly serious fling with a young woman called Jecca Craig while he was in

Kenya.

"Jecca is a really sweet, unaffected girl. Apparently she and William had one of those teenage pretend engagements.

"It always amused us out here that no one ever found out."

Apart from romance another draw for William was the complete isolation.

A friend told us: "That helped keep it all under wraps. The prince was very impressed that not one word about his time there two years ago leaked out."

William spent most of his four-month Africa tour working alongside Jecca and her family at the sprawling privately owned reserve. Her dad Ian said:

"William loves Africa, that's clear. He just loves it out here. He did everything from rhino spotting to anti-poaching patrols and checking fences.

"He's a great boy, enthusiastic and just happy to be getting on with it."

Yesterday the rest of Jecca's family refused to discuss the romance or her secret love pact with William.

She was understood to be staying with her parents at Lewa Down.

Her big brother Will insisted: "I don't know anything-I've got nothing to say."

Although Jecca spends most of the year in Africa she is in touch with William's circle of pals in London.

A family friend disclosed: "She and the prince are still close."

It is understood that since his gap year William has spent a number of private holidays with Jecca and her family.

And now he has confided in friends that he wants to spend a year at Lewa Down before deciding on a military career. "He wants to do something different," explained a pal. "He doesn't want to get onto the royal treadmill of official functions, patronage and public relations.

"William wants to go out into the world and make a difference."

At university William is about to choose whether to carry on with his history of art degree or switch to geography.

"It slightly depends on my exam results," he said in an interview last month.

"I honestly haven't decided yet. I'm torn between the two. But I have to decide soon."

Those closest to the prince expect him to go for geography, partly because the degree would help with conservation work. William-who wears two African friendship bangles collected in Kenya-is understood to have his mother Princess Diana in mind.

Digging

A friend explained: "Her work made a real difference to the world. And that's what William wants to do."

Remote Lewa Down caters for a handful of tourists who stay in basic huts and take dawn rides across the landscape to see the wildlife.

On the prince's return to Africa one job on his roster will be a daily patrol of the vast estate's borders, ensuring boundary fences have not been damaged by poachers. And a special project already earmarked for him is a new water pipeline across the reserve.

One worker on the park said: "He'll literally be digging drainage holes."

Now you never know when that sort of thing might come in handy as king of England.
--------------------
To see a glimpse of Jessica Craig:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PrinceWillia...e2/message/8291

PrincessPreppy

OMG this is disheartening...preppy calls mother and father in...we need to buy an african rach..PLEASE!!! lol
Harryite #0035

Leigh2B

Ooooooohhhh boooooyyyyy!!!  THIS sounds VERY serious... get ready y'all, SHE could be THE ONE...  two years??!!! he's been back THREE times [that they know of] and she's been to Britian SEVERAL times??!! oohhh this IS serious...

PrincessPreppy

Ok I am seriously going to cry!! I have never taken any of these girls seriously before but now a love plegge??? Soon it'll be a diamond on her finger and me w/ a  box of tissues!!!
Harryite #0035

Leigh2B

... not to mention that she has been in England for the past month, staying with him at Highgrove... never thought I would get hung up this way, but girls, its time to bring out the boxes of tissue... he's TAKEN!!!

kasper

.....and don't forget, chocolates and ice cream are good too.......

:lol:  :lol:

Sorry, you guys.  But really, he's only 21.  He NEEDS to fall in love at least once in his life before he gets married.....which I highly doubt will be to that Jessica chick.  If this same story comes out ten years from now when he's 31, then I'll definitely believe that she may be the one, but this is too early.

PrincessPreppy

ok thanks kasper!! Ok ten years I'll be 25 he'll be 31 it'll be great!!! lol. U know what kind of ice cream brand though...ben and jerry's...anything good and fattening!!
Harryite #0035

Leigh2B

OMG!!! in a previous post when the question was asked if he was a bit Girly, I had joked about him having a secret romance for over a year... see below... OMG!!!!    There I was stating the fact and din't realise it... OM GAWD!!!

" It will be hilerious if it should come out that he is quietly dating some stunning brunette for over a year and they are very much in love and want to live together... or something                  like that..."

kasper

OMGoodness Leigh, you can see the future!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

***brings out the crystal ball***

Now, tell me more!!!  :lol:  

Leigh2B

.. I'm freaking out right now...:: eyes and mouth wide open::

kasper

Well, if it makes you feel any better, she's technically not a brunette.,,,,,,

***scratches head***

.....but then again, you can't really tell if she's blonde either........hmm, Leigh, I think you got something there......

Leigh2B

...still freaking out... just read that she has been staying with him at his cottage up in Balmoral... in other words, they have been living together...

kasper

....and I'm sure they also "lived together" while he stayed with her family in Kenya.  I'm sure the summer's heat made it unbearable at night.... ;)  ;)  ;) ....just kiddding.

Leigh2B

...not to mention my previous post about his hard-on and my wondering who he was thinking about... ::freaking out, again::

kasper

When in the world did you talk about that?  I think I missed it.

Leigh2B

i had posted that i saw pictures of him today, and in both full length pictures, big hard-on just jutting out of his pants... and i wondered 'who could he be thinking of'?  Its under 'would you tell' or something like that

sara1981

that not true !

where she lived !

he will become future king after his grandmother or his dad he second to the throne !

you know Jessica is FREAK! she cant married to the Royal Family ! if need knew where she lived ?

Sara Boyce

FetchingHag

I saw this perdiction a while back that someone said that PW will shock the world by getting engaged at the age of 22...Do you think it will happen???
I need a tissue I'm going to cry :(  :(  :(  :(  
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm-Churchill

Don't worry about things that could happen, worry about things when they happen-Unknown

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which

Leigh2B

I strongly believe that he will go to Africa after Uni when he graduates at 23, stay there for the 2 years, and get married to Jessica at 25.. that's the age at which he CAN get married without permission from the Queen.  He probably IS 'secretly' engaged unofficially right now, but will make it official after he leaves school.  I am soooooo shocked right now, its hard for me to get to sleep.

FetchingHag

QuoteI strongly believe that he will go to Africa after Uni when he graduates at 23, stay there for the 2 years, and get married to Jessica at 25.. that's the age at which he CAN get married without permission from the Queen.  He probably IS 'secretly' engaged unofficially right now, but will make it official after he leaves school.  I am soooooo shocked right now, its hard for me to get to sleep.
I know what you mean I feel so down it like someone told me that Santa is not real or something :(  :(  :(
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm-Churchill

Don't worry about things that could happen, worry about things when they happen-Unknown

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which

sara1981

QuoteI strongly believe that he will go to Africa after Uni when he graduates at 23, stay there for the 2 years, and get married to Jessica at 25.. that's the age at which he CAN get married without permission from the Queen.  He probably IS 'secretly' engaged unofficially right now, but will make it official after he leaves school.  I am soooooo shocked right now, its hard for me to get to sleep.
that true !

must approval from his granny the Queen 2 must agree if who are ? if not going marry that Jessica ! she will be real Freak ! i warn it !

I can get married whether age if i want married at age 25 that fine ! that my choice ! i should trust by William's rules said cant kiss its respect of his mum's ruled ! its disappointment ! ugh!

Sara Boyce  

Miryoku

Wow,

I just got home and am reading all of these posts - some pretty amazing developments since I went out a few hours ago! :o

I don't really know what to think - I wonder if, in two weeks time, this story will still be around or will she fall by the wayside like Amanda Bush, Juliet Rykens, etc.  

But I think the fact that several newspapers are reporting this makes it seem like he might actually be dating this girl....Although the papers may have exaggerated about the seriousness of the relationship.

If this is serious, I wish Will all the best and hope that they are both very happy (although I'm jealous as hell!) :D  
Harryite #0060  Chelsyite #0025
My name is Miryoku. I sleep in a padded cell.

Leigh2B

..i'm still in shock and this is waaaaay past my bed time.  I strongly believe that she may be thee ONE.

pixie

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I just got home and I can barely digest this news!  It's so terrible.  I'll never get to sleep!

I know I should be happy that they're happy, but I'm so upset.  It's not like I'll ever meet Wills or anything, but this is so disturbing.

Maybe it's not true.  I mean, all the papers say he has a pretty active sex life at St. Andrews, and he wouldn't if he and Jecca (or whatever her stupid wh*rish prince dating name is) were in a SERIOUS serious relationship.  Right?  I mean, maybe it's not true.  Maybe they had a relationship while he was in Africa, and they still hook up, but they're not dating exclusively.  There's still hope, right?  Someone please tell me there's hope.  

DAMNITT!  I was having such a good night and now this . . .  
We always take a great deal of interest in American initiatives that are implicitly religious; we view them as an exotic quirk, like French presidents and their mistresses, or Austrians and their fascists.
-Zoe Williams

Miryoku

I don't know if she's "the one", but he's probably in love with her since he's put in such great effort to maintain their long distance relationship.  

The fact that we have never even heard of her until now is also suspicious - usually ANY girl who is even remotely associated with him has been in the press at some point.   Will and the Royal handlers probably went to great lengths to keep the relationship under wraps so that no mention was made of her in the papers.  And until now, they have been quite successful.

Or here's another ytheory - maybe they're purposely leaking false information about this relationship to cover up for a real relationship he has with another girl. :blink:  
Harryite #0060  Chelsyite #0025
My name is Miryoku. I sleep in a padded cell.