Princess Alexandra's engagements, news and chat

Started by LouisFerdinand, February 25, 2016, 12:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curryong

Astonishing, the sterling work these Homes have done since 1916, including helping to patch up and care for young servicemen's bodies and minds in the midst of a dreadful war to taking care of the very elderly of WW2, Korean War and the rest in 2019.

Princess Alexandra is a stoic as most of the older royals are. And her length of service to these Homes and other causes is inspiring. However she hasn't been in the best of health in the last few years and looks frail. I wouldn't be surprised if she and her brother retire when the new reign begins, though hopefully that won't happen for a long time, and she hands her patronages on. She has served all of them well, in spite of little publicity.

TLLK

I am amazed that QEII's Kent cousins have continued on as long as their cousin @Curryong. Especially when you consider their recent health issues. However Edward Kent has stated that they'll continue for as long as QEII does, so I wouldn't expect them to retire any time soon.

TLLK

Cepe Smith on Twitter: "CC 30/1 Princess Alexandra this afternoon visited Sunbury Millennium Embroidery Gallery, the Walled Garden, Thames Street,

Double post auto-merged: February 01, 2019, 01:14:55 AM

The Duchess of Cornwall, Princess Alexandra of Kent and the Duke of Kent attended a Service of Thanksgiving for Lord Carrington at Westminster Abbey today, January 31. Lord Carrington, died aged 99 last July, and had been the longest serving member of the House of Lords:

TLLK

Court Circular 13th February:
Princess Alexandra, Patron, the House of St. Barnabas, this afternoon received Mr. David Evans upon relinquishing his appointment as Chairman and Ms. Jennifer Watson upon assuming the appointment.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, London Philharmonic Choir, received Mr. Ian Frost upon relinquishing his appointment as Chairman and Ms. Tessa Bartley upon assuming the appointment.

LouisFerdinand

The Alexandra Rose Day began in 1912. It started on the 50th anniversary of the arrival of Queen Alexandra from her country of Denmark to the United Kingdom.     
The arrival of Princess Alexandra   
The Landing of HRH The Princess Alexandra at Gravesend, 7th March 1863 | Art UK

TLLK

Court Circular 17th April:
St. James's Palace

Princess Alexandra, Patron, Mind, this afternoon received Mr Ryan Campbell upon relinquishing his appointment as chairman of trustees and Ms Stephanie Spring upon assuming the appointment.

Princess Alexandra, Royal Patron, Children and Families Across Borders, later received Mr Alan Howarth upon relinquishing his appointment as chairman and Mr Michael Phair upon assuming the appointment.

TLLK

Court Circular 16th May:
St James?s Palace

Princess Alexandra this evening attended a Reception and Dinner to launch the Richmond Park Heritage Centre, Pembroke Lodge, Richmond Park, Richmond, Surrey.

Court Circular 20th May:
St James?s Palace

Princess Alexandra this evening visited the Chelsea Flower Show of the Royal Horticultural Society in the Gardens of the Royal Hospital, Chelsea.

Court Circular 21st May:
Buckingham Palace

The Queen gave an Afternoon Party in the garden of Buckingham Palace.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra, the Hon Lady Ogilvy were present.

TLLK

ourt Circular 25th June:
St. James's Palace

Princess Alexandra, Patron, Leeds Castle Foundation, this afternoon opened the Princess Alexandra Gardens at Leeds Castle, Maidstone, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Kent (the Viscount De L'Isle).

Her Royal Highness this evening attended a Dinner to mark the Nine Hundredth Anniversary of Leeds Castle.

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteGert's Royals
@Gertsroyals
Princess Alexandra, the Queen?s cousin, will have her first official engagement since November tommorow.

Princess Alexandra will visit her patronage, St Christopher's Hospice in London.

TLLK

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteThe Royal Family
@royalfamily
Yesterday Princess Alexandra returned to @StChrisHospice
and spent time with patients, their families, staff and dedicated volunteers.

Thank you to everyone who welcomed Her Royal Highness!

Princess Cassandra

Quote from: QueenAlex on February 05, 2020, 06:19:57 PM
She has been in poor heatlh for a while?
I'm sorry about my poor memory, but a few years ago there was an announcement on another forum that she had a certain illness and was unlikely to be seen for several months. I thought perhaps she had overcome it, since she was seen again later on.  Perhaps that illness is chronic and she has flare-ups.  If I can find the time I'll research it.

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on February 08, 2020, 06:57:06 PM
I'm sorry about my poor memory, but a few years ago there was an announcement on another forum that she had a certain illness and was unlikely to be seen for several months. I thought perhaps she had overcome it, since she was seen again later on.  Perhaps that illness is chronic and she has flare-ups.  If I can find the time I'll research it.
I know she was ill a few years ago, wasn't she?  and it was round that time that Harry left the army.. so possibly one reason was for him to start becoming a full time royal as Alexandra might be retiring.  But she recovered..

Princess Cassandra

Illness or not, she is getting older and probably would slow down anyway. Your post sets me to wondering; was Harry given a choice about his future? Did he think about a military career rather than royal work?

QueenAlex

Quote from: Princess Cassandra on February 09, 2020, 04:01:48 PM
Illness or not, she is getting older and probably would slow down anyway. Your post sets me to wondering; was Harry given a choice about his future? Did he think about a military career rather than royal work?
He didn't want to go on  with his mitliary career as it would entail his taking  a desk appointement. 

TLLK

Court Circular 20th February:
St James?s Palace

Princess Alexandra, President, the Royal Star and Garter Homes, this afternoon officially opened Royal Star and Garter, Hughenden Avenue, High Wycombe, and was received by Her Majesty?s Lord-Lieutenant of Buckinghamshire (Sir Henry Aubrey-Fletcher, Bt).

Her Royal Highness subsequently presented The Queen?s Award for Voluntary Service to Stoke Poges, Wexham and Fulmer Horticultural Society, the Old Barn, Wexham Court Primary School, Church Lane, Wexham, Slough, Berkshire.

Court Circular 26th February:
St James?s Palace

Princess Alexandra, Royal Honorary Colonel, The Royal Yeomanry, this afternoon received Lieutenant Colonel Conn MacEvilly upon relinquishing his appointment as Commanding Officer and Lieutenant Colonel Thomas Bragg upon assuming the appointment.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, Blackie Foundation Trust, received Dr Sara Eames upon assuming her appointment as Chairman.
Mr Robin Holland-Martin (formerly President) was present.

TLLK

Princess Alexandra praises hospital at forefront of coronavirus treatment ? Royal Central

QuotePrincess Alexandra has thanked staff working at a hospital treating patients with Covid-19. The Queen?s cousin praised their efforts in a message sent to the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Essex as it marked its 55th anniversary.

The hospital, in Harlow, was named in honour of the princess and she officially opened it back in 1965. On the exact anniversary of the ceremony, Alexandra sent a message to staff working at the hospital which has, in the past weeks, treated many patients with coronavirus.

In her message, Princess Alexandra said ?On the 55th Anniversary of the Opening of the Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow, I send you all my very best wishes, To each of you, I send my heartfelt thanks for the work you are carrying out in these difficult times?.

PrincessOfPeace

Princess Alexandra, Patron, Queen Alexandra?s Royal Naval Nursing Service, was represented by Captain Lisa Taylor (Head of the Naval Nursing Service) at the Funeral of Eileen Northway (formerly Matron-in-Chief) which was held at Portchester Crematorium, this morning.

- Court Circular || 26 May 2020

TLLK

Twitter

QuoteIt is with great pleasure that we welcome HRH Princess Alexandra to officially open our #BBCVirtualRCS @royalfamily

Princess Alexandra officially opens the Royal Cornwall Show.

PrincessOfPeace

To support @carersweek this week, Princess Alexandra spoke to some of the charities she is Patron of to find out more about how they have been coping during the Coronavirus outbreak.

Twitter

PrincessOfPeace

Princess Alexandra this evening attended a Service to mark the official opening of the new stained glass windows in Saint Patrick's Catholic Church, 21A Soho Square, London W1.

. - Court Circular || 22 June 2021

TLLK

I understand that this was Princess Alexandra's first engagement in nearly one year so it's good to see her back.