ALL ARTICLES: W & K - Engagement/Wedding Rumours

Started by Alixxx, April 04, 2010, 02:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alixxx

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/773346/Queen-spends-a-lovely-bubbly-30k-on-vintage-Champagne.html

I know the title makes it sound as though it's about HM but it's about W & K.

QuoteTHE Queen has splashed out on 300 bottles of vintage bubbly at £100 a pop - sparking speculation Prince William is to propose to girlfriend Kate Middleton.

Lila the Flirt

Flirt's the name, flirtin's my game :lila:

Jenee

Well here's a new take on the whole engagement rumor thing!!  :biggrin:

One India

London, April 4 (ANI): The Queen has sparked speculation that Prince William  is set to propose to girlfriend Kate Middleton by splashing out on 300 bottles of vintage  bubbly at 100 pounds a pop.   "The palace has placed a 30,000-pound bulk order for vintage Dom Perignon," News of the World quoted a senior source as saying.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

mousie_kins

:hehe:

Wow desperation is certainly in the air.
The Queen buying champagne!
it's not like she hosts Banquets or hold parties.
That would be out of the question.  :blah:
:haha:

wannable

QuoteInteresting new clues from a royal source suggest a date when Prince William and Kate Middleton will announce their engagement

Whoever is the new prime minister by June should cross their fingers and pray for six months of wedding fever to distract the savage British press.

It's a 2 page article
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-04-06/william-and-kate-name-the-date/

TB like me, thinks there is a possibility/window of W&K engagement this summer,wedding winter. Let's see...

Hale

with regards to any wedding at St George's Chapel, isn't that a no no?  Unless of course they have already changed the law in order to accommodate public weddings at St. George's.

brittanylala

I just can't believe that article. As much as I really, really, really want to, I've learnt my lesson regarding the media. Never trust them. I believe it will be 2011. Of course, I'm always open to being pleasantly surprised!  :hearts:

wannable

Britt do you recall anything special in the UK for June 3-4?

QuoteA high-placed source in royal circles tells me that two days in June have been mysteriously blocked out on the palace diaries—June 3 and 4.

brittanylala

Nope. Mind you those dates are just over a week before the world cup commences in South Africa.

Lucy

Quote from: Hale on April 06, 2010, 01:31:51 PM
with regards to any wedding at St George's Chapel, isn't that a no no?  Unless of course they have already changed the law in order to accommodate public weddings at St. George's.

You're on the right track, Hale.
Though it's only when, like in the case of the POW, it's a civil ceremony. Quite a few Royal couples have been married at St. George's , including Edward and Sophie, in religious ceremonies.

That said, I don't believe for one moment that St. Georges is nearly large enough for a William wedding. :yesss: Brown goes on to dismiss it anyway and moves on to St. Paul's and Westminster Abbey....dismissing them in turn as well.....I am still thinking it will be St. Pauls, for size.

Tina Brown's question mark says she is speculating...not that much in the Know...of DETAILS.  ;)

In relation to the London Season, it's after Chelsea Flower Show and before Ascot, Trooping the Colour and the Garter.

DIANISTA # 1

sandy

Since Tina said Diana was on the royal train and not Camilla, I take all she says with a huge grain of salt. The only real thing for me would be the official engagement announcement.

Lucy

I don't think Brown is much of a chronicler anyway. Edward VII is the only future king married at St. George's. Afterwards, it became the Burial place for kings, et al....with only minor royals marrying there...Edward Wessex, Peter Phillips and Lady Helen Taylor.

The Abbey, scene of Diana's funeral is likely out.

St. Paul's is a much more likely venue for a future King in this day and age.

I still think Freddie Windsor's choice of Hampton Court was a splendid idea !!

:hearts:

DIANISTA # 1

Jenee

Quote from: wannabe on April 06, 2010, 02:02:28 PM
Britt do you recall anything special in the UK for June 3-4?

QuoteA high-placed source in royal circles tells me that two days in June have been mysteriously blocked out on the palace diaries—June 3 and 4.

:shrug: it doesn't take 2 days to announce an engagement, does it?
"It does not do to dwell on dreams, and forget to live" -Dumbledore

Lucy

VERY good question, Jenee!!  :chuckle: One to announce, one to celebrate ?
Have no idea really.

DIANISTA # 1

wannable

Countess of Highgrove

I really don't think anyone will know until it happens when they will announce. I agree that the Abbey is out...too many bad  memories there. Also,Tina mentions in her blog tha the Abbey seats 2000,which I think is not quite enough. Charles will want to invite anyone who is anybody and after so many years together,I imagine Will and Kate have hoards of mutual friends. Then the usual dignitaries, politicians , military folk,etc. 2000 seats won't do it, IMO.

sandy

Regardless, I hope Kate stays away from Tina Brown. Look what happened to Diana after a lunch with TIna. She claims to be her "friend", and dresses up like Diana for the cover of the book and IMO makes up mythical stories (not flattering) about Diana--even saying Diana was the one on the royal train. Run away Kate if  you see Tina and say no to any lunch invites! A word to the wise. Kate should also avoid interviews with Seward and Junor who made nice with Diana and turned against her at the drop of a hat.

sandy

Tina Brown I think is a sort of "consultant" to ABC and they have her on when any royal stories develop.

Countess of Highgrove

The royal reporter is tweeting about this...I think he is worried that Tina is going to steal a scoop from him because he is shooting the idea down. :chuckle:

sandy

I am hoping Tina DOES NOT get it.  Please no.

Countess of Highgrove

Watching these reporters and bloggers tripping over each other over this story is highly amusing. :lmao3:

If I were Will and Kate, I would call that little girl who was recovering from cancer,remember the one who interview William last year? Give her an exclusive interview and at the end announce the engagement. :lmao3:

RoyalB

Someone on another site says that William will be training at this time in June.  Whatever though, doubt Tina Brown would get it right.

Lucy

Quote from: Countess of Highgrove on April 06, 2010, 03:53:46 PM
Watching these reporters and bloggers tripping over each other over this story is highly amusing. :lmao3:

If I were Will and Kate, I would call that little girl who was recovering from cancer,remember the one who interview William last year? Give her an exclusive interview and at the end announce the engagement. :lmao3:

The perect solution !!! That sweet little girl !! She knows William a lot better than TB....and as Sandy says, TB is not what I'd call a reliable source or anyone to be trusted....but I bet W & K know that.

As for his training, it's always being interrupted by Royal duties and trips anyway...a couple of hourse for announcements and interviews won't matter and A Wedding during a Military career is not usual...ask Philip and Andrew.

Methinks TB is trying to ace the cat out of the bag...and may have one or two vibes but not much more.

DIANISTA # 1

Countess of Highgrove

Well, I suspect Tina's phone is ringing today with other reporters trying to confirm her story.  :hehe:

From the royal reporter..

The entire royal press pack would love that wedding story to be true btw. Elements of it don't ring true though.     about 1 hour ago   via txt  

:disdain:

BTW...Ms Brown might have considered checking the Monarchy's website before "naming the date" because if she did, she would have found out that the Queen and PP have an engagement on June the 3rd.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Royaldiary/Locationsandtimes.aspx