The Coronation Part 2

Started by TLLK, February 28, 2023, 01:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wannable

A sample from a social media user (twitter) of volunteering for the Coronation.

Source: retweeted by
Rebecca English
Royal Rota
Daily Mail

TLLK

My parents just surprised me with a souvenir Coronation mug! It's joined a few other QEII mugs in the cupboard.

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on April 30, 2023, 09:55:00 PM
My parents just surprised me with a souvenir Coronation mug! It's joined a few other QEII mugs in the cupboard.

Every school child in Great Britain (including me) received a cup or mug with a colour print of the Queen?s head on it, along with other symbols and a small plate to match. I don?t think the authorities are doing that this time, it would cost a fortune, but I can remember everyone being pleased to get a set, so there would be several hundred thousand of those still tucked away somewhere on shelves in private homes.

I can remember decorative spoons being popular and probably people may well buy something small like that as a souvenir this time, as well as thimbles, because there are serious collectors of those as well. I can remember collector teapots then, but everybody uses teabags now so I don?t think they will be goers! Tea cloths with printed scenes might be bought though. They?re bright and useful and don?t cost too much.

sara8150

Prince Harry's flying visit for the Coronation: Duke plans to be back for Archie's fourth birthday | Daily Mail Online

Prince William 'to give ''loving'' speech about Charles and Camilla at coronation concert' | Daily Mail Online

The magnificent golden stage that will see a string of stars perform in front of Windsor Castle | Daily Mail Online

Calls for 'Homage of the People' to King Charles at coronation sparks backlash from republicans | Daily Mail Online

MICK HUME: Oath of allegiance to the King? Sounds more like stuff of a Stalinist people's republic | Daily Mail Online

Princess of Wales 'plans to wear floral headpiece for King's coronation' | Daily Mail Online

See Coronation Concert Stage with Windsor Castle Backdrop: Photos

Prince William's Role at King Charles' Coronation Revealed

Prince William?s role at King Charles?s coronation revealed | HELLO!

King Charles' and Queen Consort Camilla's historical coronation decision revealed | HELLO!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-65442708

King's Coronation Concert to feature Union Flag-shaped stage | UK News | Sky News

Coronation Concert stage is shaped like Union Flag | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Meghan Markle accused of breaking Queen's promise over royal title | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince William to deliver 'loving' speech about Charles and Camilla | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

RAF airbase turned into life-size replica of coronation procession for thrilling rehearsal | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Royal fans have already set up camp outside Buckingham Palace ahead of Coronation | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Warning to thousands organising Coronation street parties could face fine | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Harry?s brutal swipe at William?s hair as brothers face tense exchange at Coronation | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

King's ?150m security to centre on UK runways over fears protesters will target planes | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

King Charles unlikely to be 'at all fazed' by protests on Coronation day for two reasons | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Queen Camilla will honour 'Charles's royal lineage' with 'statement pieces' at Coronation | Express.co.uk

European royals on King Charles's Coronation guest list | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

King Charles Coronation: Meet brains behind Red Arrows? royal fly-past | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Bank Holiday confirmed for Coronation - Join the Big Help Out | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Prince Harry 'plans to be on jet two hours after Coronation ends' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-04-30/harrys-wax-figure-at-madame-tussauds-reunites-with-other-royals-for-coronation

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-04-30/coronation-concert-stage-to-feature-shape-of-union-flag

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-04-30/homage-of-the-people-public-asked-to-cry-out-in-support-of-king-at-coronation

wannable

Valentine Low
@valentinelow

No tiara for the Princess of Wales at the coronation. But will she wear flowers in her hair? And will there be any tiaras at all? Story in The Times today.

Valenine Low
Journalist and Royal Rota
The Times

Amabel2

very unlikely that she will not wear a tiara. 

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on April 30, 2023, 10:07:23 PM
Every school child in Great Britain (including me) received a cup or mug with a colour print of the Queen?s head on it, along with other symbols and a small plate to match. I don?t think the authorities are doing that this time, it would cost a fortune, but I can remember everyone being pleased to get a set, so there would be several hundred thousand of those still tucked away somewhere on shelves in private homes.

I can remember decorative spoons being popular and probably people may well buy something small like that as a souvenir this time, as well as thimbles, because there are serious collectors of those as well. I can remember collector teapots then, but everybody uses teabags now so I don?t think they will be goers! Tea cloths with printed scenes might be bought though. They?re bright and useful and don?t cost too much.

Thank you for sharing this @Curryong as I had not realized that there had been a distribution of Coronation mementos to the nation's children.

LouisFerdinand

There is one gentleman who started to ring church bells when he was fifteen.   
He has been doing this for seventy years.     
"Ring for the King": Bell ringers prepare for coronation of King Charles III - YouTube

Curryong

Quote from: TLLK on May 01, 2023, 04:44:39 PM
Thank you for sharing this @Curryong as I had not realized that there had been a distribution of Coronation mementos to the nation's children.

The colour printing on it must have been a good one, and the gilt on the plate etc fine because I can?t remember anybody saying it was cheap-looking or tacky. My grandmother had mine when I went moved out of my childhood home and went off to college etc. When she died I don?t know what happened to those items. A bit of a shame really.

Memories of 1953 and a school child a bit older than me. Coronation street parties and mugs and plates, with illustrations. I can?t remember getting a glass and my mug had the picture of the Queen full face in tiara with flags either side.

Residents-Summerhill Road - Coronation Memories - Alan Swain

TLLK

Quote from: Curryong on May 01, 2023, 10:15:10 PM
The colour printing on it must have been a good one, and the gilt on the plate etc fine because I can?t remember anybody saying it was cheap-looking or tacky. My grandmother had mine when I went moved out of my childhood home and went off to college etc. When she died I don?t know what happened to those items. A bit of a shame really.

Memories of 1953 and a school child a bit older than me. Coronation street parties and mugs and plates, with illustrations. I can?t remember getting a glass and my mug had the picture of the Queen full face in tiara with flags either side.

Residents-Summerhill Road - Coronation Memories - Alan Swain

Thank you for finding the photos! They're lovely.

sara8150

Britain's rock solid support for royals: New poll reveals there is little appetite for republicanism | Daily Mail Online

Kate Middleton's sister Pippa and their parents Michael and Carole may attend coronation | Daily Mail Online
Not surprised!!

Princess of Wales 'plans to wear floral headpiece for King's coronation' | Daily Mail Online

Kate Middleton May Wear Floral Headpiece, No Tiara to Coronation: Report

Kate Middleton Approved Jewelry Brands Celebrate Coronation in Style

Teen Guest: Friends Think He's Famous for Going to Coronation Exclusive

Stone of Destiny Travels to London for King Charles Coronation

King Charles to re-use golden garment worn by late Queen during his coronation | HELLO!

King Charles's cousin celebrates special day ahead of coronation | HELLO!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-65448709

Coronation: King to be dressed in floor length golden robes worn by late Queen at ceremony | UK News | Sky News

Prince Harry 'making everyone sweat' at Palace over Coronation with fears he may pull out | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Inside Coronation factories working all hours to make key uniforms | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Ant and Dec get invitation to King Charles's Coronation | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk

Royal row erupts as French slam the Coronation quiche as a 'banal tart' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Coronation will not be audible to spectators outside Westminster Abbey | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Majestic 300-year-old gilded gold State Coach unveiled in time for King's Coronation | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

'I used to be drug dealer and now I'm friends with William and going to King's Coronation' | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

RAF Royal Squadron's ?15m jet with 70ft wingspan used to transport King Charles | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Coronation Procession map - How the route compares to the Queen's | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

King Charles will leave Westminster Abbey wearing 'significant' ?2.5million crown - expert | Express.co.uk

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-05-01/king-to-be-adorned-in-heavy-priest-like-golden-robes-for-moment-of-crowning

TLLK

From the link above that @sara8150 shared in the previous post.

I truly hope that Arthur will have this opportunity to photograph this historic event.

QuoteThe programme - titled Arthur - follows the Sun snapper?s remarkable career taking iconic pictures of every member of the royal family on trips around the world.

Arthur says: ?My annual performance review for The Sun asks ?what are your plans for the next year??

?For the last 10 years I answered ?I would love to photograph the coronation of the King Charles III?, never thinking I would be able to.

?Now, at the age of 82, I?m going to do it and I?m kind of nervous because it is a big occasion and I want to produce a great picture, not just for the paper but for myself.

?I have waited so long for this. After well over 40 years covering the King I will finally see him get the job that he has been waiting for all his life.?

wannable

wannable

The Coronation Service - YouTube

Welcome to The Royal Family Channel, the official channel of the British Monarchy.

The Coronation will be LIVE broadcast and for free via the Royal Family Youtube
Watch live as King Charles III and Queen Camilla are crowned in Westminster Abbey.

wannable

Rebecca English
@RE_DailyMail

Members of the Royal Family will be out and about at #coronation events over the weekend 👇

#CoronationBigLunch on May 7 will see the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh in Cranleigh; Princess Anne and Sir Tim in Swindon; Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie in Windsor.

LouisFerdinand

I read @sara8150's post on Coronation will not be audible to spectators outside Westminster Abbey | Royal | News | Express.co.uk.   
It is interesting that the Homage of the Lords is being retitled the Homage of the People.

LouisFerdinand

Harrods is featuring a silk King's Coronation scarf.   
Also there is a Spode King's Coronation teapot.   
The best King Charles coronation memorabilia and gifts | Woman & Home

sara8150

TLLK

Quote from: wannable on May 02, 2023, 06:32:47 PM
Rebecca English
@RE_DailyMail

Members of the Royal Family will be out and about at #coronation events over the weekend 👇

#CoronationBigLunch on May 7 will see the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh in Cranleigh; Princess Anne and Sir Tim in Swindon; Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie in Windsor.

More information on their events this weekend.  https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/1653454244588945418
The Wales' activities will be shared in the coming days.

TLLK

There's rain expected for the Coronation weekend.

Weather for the Coronation - Met Office

QuoteCurrently Saturday is forecast to be another showery day, though with less widespread and intense showers compared to Friday.

Met Office Deputy Chief Forecaster, Steven Keates, explains: ?On Saturday we will see showers developing from late morning in some central, eastern and northern areas, but also with some sunny spells through the day. At this stage it looks like London could avoid the showers in the morning before some develop through the afternoon. Heavier rain is expected to move into the southwest of the UK and heavy showers are likely for parts of Northern Ireland. Winds will remain light away from the far north where gusty winds will begin to ease. Highs of 20?C are possible in London in any sunshine, with mid to high teens possible elsewhere.?

sara8150

TLLK

Here's a look at the living British and foreign royal who attended the late QEII's coronation seventy years ago.

Duke of Kent and Japan's Emperor Akihito among seven royal survivors from Queen's Coronation | Daily Mail Online

Japan Emperor Emeritus Akihito then the Crown Prince of Japan.

United Kingdom King Charles III then Prince Charles, The Princess Royal, The Duke of Kent, Princess Alexandra of Kent, Prince Michael of Kent and the Duke of Gloucester then Prince Richard of Gloucester.