Current and Former British Royal Staff members Part 2

Started by Curryong, October 19, 2021, 04:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLLK

The Princess of Wales?s most senior aide resigns ? Royal Central

QuoteThe Princess of Wales has lost her most senior aide just weeks after the 40-year-old transformed from Duchess to Princess.

Hannah Cockburn-Logie, who has been described as Catherine?s ?right hand woman?, has stepped down for personal reasons.

She had been Private Secretary to Her Royal Highness since June 2020 and was in charge of managing her diary.

Before joining the Royal Household, Ms Cockburn-Logie had more than 20 years worth of experience at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

During her tenures, she guided the then Duchess of Cambridge through some turbulent times, including the controversial remarks made by the Duke & Duchess of Sussex, and helped organised the Caribbean tour in March.

Kensington Palace is now advertising for a replacement to Ms Cockburn-Logie.

Curryong

Uh Oh, quick (by BP standards) damage control! Mustn?t let anything spoil the usual MO of ?Nothing to see here, folks. Move on, move on!? In the interim nothing really changes!

wannable

It is nice to see conciliatory moves to the right direction

TLLK

Yes it is good to see that the ladies had their sit down together and that Lady Susan could deliver her apology in person. This type of person to person interaction was the best way forward IMO.

wannable

A black Londoner asking people in the street their heritage.

He uploaded it 3 hours ago.

Asking Londoners where they REALLY come from... - YouTube

Curryong

Quote from: wannable on December 17, 2022, 10:02:55 PM
A black Londoner asking people in the street their heritage.

He uploaded it 3 hours ago.

Asking Londoners where they REALLY come from... - YouTube

And the point of that was?.? (A) It was a young black male asking the question. Not an aristocratic elderly white lady. (B) He just asked people  ?Where are you from?? He didn?t ask any of them a series of increasingly impertinent questions. He didn?t lift their hair to examine any name badges. (C) He didn?t ask them at a formal but private event such as a reception for charity workers at Buckingham Palace, but in front of a camera for all to see. People are much more inclined to take things good humouredly if it?s a smiling young person with a mic asking them one or two questions than in the BP situation.

It is no good people trying to twist things around so that Lady Hussey?s behaviour or incessant questioning of that guest at the Palace was appropriate in any way. How many questions and comments from Lady SH, was it? At least six as first reported.  It wasn?t acceptable. And BP knew it wasn?t. From their point of view it was in fact a PR disaster ready to blow up in the media. Hence the swift response from all concerned.

And hence Lady Susan?s withdrawal from any duties to do with the RF. It was good that she apologised but I do not think IF she is allowed to return to the Palace in the future (doubtful) that she should ever be allowed near any guest who is person of colour at any event there ever again.

wannable

I agree she was obnoxiously insistent but after that incident I feel people in general feel a barrier to ask about heritage to anyone.

TLLK

I understand that Lady Susan was the one who offered resignation,  so she might feel this is still the appropriate action to take.

wannable

Archewell staff spend the weekend planting flowers at a healthcare center in Los Angeles

TLLK

Queen Consort's former bodyguard Mark Andrews is made King Charles' head driver | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe Queen Consort's former bodyguard has been made King Charles's head driver in a shake-up of Buckingham Palace staff. 

Mark Andrews has protected the Royal Family for 20 years and was head of the Queen Consort's police protection team before he retired from the Met last year aged 40.

He will now become King Charles's head driver as Tim Williams, who currently holds the position, is retiring.

Former firearms officer Mr Andrews will give Charles, 74, and Camilla, 75, added security in the build up to the coronation on May 6.

TLLK

The Sussexes' former nanny is speaking in a podcast about her meeting the Sussexes and a little about her time working for the couple.The professional nanny currently works as a neonatal intensive care (NICU) and pediatric nurse the Portland hospital, where Meghan gave birth to Archie in 2019. (Weird DM headline as the Wales long time nanny Maria is not an au pair.)
Archie's ex nanny admits she compared herself to Prince William and Kate Middleton's au pair | Daily Mail Online

QuotePrince Harry and Meghan Markle's former nanny has admitted she compared herself to the Prince and Princess of Wales' au pair.

Lorren Khumalo, from Zimbabwe, was hired by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to care for their son Archie shortly after he was born in May 2019.

Appearing on episode of The Breakfast Club with Zenzele Ndebele, the pediatric nurse explained how nervous she was ahead of her first meeting with the couple, who were still living in Frogmore Cottage in Windsor at the time.

When she was approached by a representative for the new parents, Lorren had accompanied another family for their half term holiday in Germany.

TLLK

I believe that Lady Susan Hussey remains as a family friend but I don't see her returning as an official companion for the Queen Consort.

Lady Susan Hussey is seen attending same church service as King Charles | Daily Mail Online

Nightowl

I am glad to see her still in the family and at church with them. I think she was set up and suffered the abuse of what others wanted out of her..just very sad yet I bet those in the family will take very good care of her and make sure she is included within those family events that she can go to.  So many people in this world are just users of others to get their point across...telling lies and using people to get whatever really makes is a disgraceful thing to do.

Curryong

Quote from: Nightowl on January 30, 2023, 06:12:10 AM
I am glad to see her still in the family and at church with them. I think she was set up and suffered the abuse of what others wanted out of her..just very sad yet I bet those in the family will take very good care of her and make sure she is included within those family events that she can go to.  So many people in this world are just users of others to get their point across...telling lies and using people to get whatever really makes is a disgraceful thing to do.

Well Prince William very quickly came calling out against racist behaviour, thereby criticising his godmother and he hasn?t apologised for it. So was what he said about Lady Susan abuse and ?using her to get whatever?? He presumably didn?t converse with her beforehand to find out anything before issuing his reproof.

And Lady Susan apologised for her needling questions about Ms Falozi?s background, moving the BP visitor?s hair, peering at her name badge etc. She would hardly be issuing apologies and going to see the woman afterwards for nothing.

TLLK

I've heard that Prince William and his Godmother had a private meeting after the Wales returned from Boston to the UK. Whatever conversation the pair had will likely remain confidential.

TLLK

Paul Burrell, 64, confirms 'lifechanging' cancer diagnosis | Daily Mail Online

QuoteThe late Diana, Princess of Wales ' former butler announced the news during an appearance on Monday's edition of Lorraine
Burrell also revealed he will undergo an operation next month to remove the affected prostate gland

TLLK

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Tributes are paid to the late Queen's most mischievous friend, Micky | Daily Mail Online

QuoteDuring her record-breaking 70-year reign, Queen Elizabeth II was the most famous woman in the world. Yet she still managed to go incognito from time to time.

The woman who helped her do so, Lady Rupert Nevill, died last week aged 97.

Born Camilla Wallop, daughter of the 9th Earl of Portsmouth, she was known as ?Micky? by friends, including the Queen.

She had known Her Majesty since childhood and they were both in a troop of Girl Guides that met in the grounds of Buckingham Palace.

Nightowl

How interesting, what a wonderful friend HM had. That is so nice to read about how HM went unnoticed in public, seeing how life is outside the confines of a gold cage must be very enlightening for her.  Glad HM had a friend like that in her life.

Nightowl

Quote from: Curryong on January 30, 2023, 09:28:09 AM
Well Prince William very quickly came calling out against racist behaviour, thereby criticising his godmother and he hasn?t apologised for it. So was what he said about Lady Susan abuse and ?using her to get whatever?? He presumably didn?t converse with her beforehand to find out anything before issuing his reproof.

And Lady Susan apologised for her needling questions about Ms Falozi?s background, moving the BP visitor?s hair, peering at her name badge etc. She would hardly be issuing apologies and going to see the woman afterwards for nothing.

I wasn't referring to anything that Prince William might of said or didn't say  to Lady Susan.    Yes, Lady Susan made some big mistakes and I am glad she came to the conclusion that an apology was indeed the right thing to do, Hopefully that won't happen again. Yet...

TLLK

Quote from: Nightowl on January 31, 2023, 06:18:04 AM
How interesting, what a wonderful friend HM had. That is so nice to read about how HM went unnoticed in public, seeing how life is outside the confines of a gold cage must be very enlightening for her.  Glad HM had a friend like that in her life.
QEQM and her sister-in-law Princess Mary were interested in Girl Guiding and signed up Elizabeth and Margaret and a troop was formed at BP.
I understand that the Queen cherished those early Girl Guide friendships and maintained them all throughout her lifetime. Two of them were bridesmaids at her wedding.  I understand that now and then a car would leave BP and show up at a quiet residence where one of her fellow Girl Guides lived so the Queen and her friends could meet up.

Before She Was The Queen of England, Elizabeth Was a Girl Scout

wannable

What I am sure hurt him though, is his family cutting off security before the review period was over and before they have confirmed that you found new security but still having the gal to say you and your family are 'much loved members' when you have growing right-wing threats, equal to that of the Queen, hate being whipped up by the media.

With a worldwide lockdown, tucked away in Tyler Perry's mansion with T's security, any threat of harm or death non C19 was declared by statistics to drop to 5% taking place in strata 1 area, the most deprived. The C19 killer all stratas.

Normally, one loses all the benefits when quitting a organization.

The US Gov just announced today that by May 2023 the C19 vaccine rules will be eliminated to enter the country.

Nightowl

Quote from: TLLK on January 31, 2023, 05:38:55 PM
QEQM and her sister-in-law Princess Mary were interested in Girl Guiding and signed up Elizabeth and Margaret and a troop was formed at BP.
I understand that the Queen cherished those early Girl Guide friendships and maintained them all throughout her lifetime. Two of them were bridesmaids at her wedding.  I understand that now and then a car would leave BP and show up at a quiet residence where one of her fellow Girl Guides lived so the Queen and her friends could meet up.

Before She Was The Queen of England, Elizabeth Was a Girl Scout

Thanks for a great article about how HM was a girl scout and so was her sister. I did not know that and yet not surprised at all as I did know that HM was a mechanic for the Army during WW2. I would like to believe that is in keeping with HM's love of wanting part of something of an ordinary life in her life.  She was not a perfect person as none of are yet she was someone I very much admired as time went on as she just got on with the life and the job to the best of her ability.