Earth Shot Prize thread

Started by PrincessOfPeace, November 07, 2019, 12:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessOfPeace

It will be called the Earthshot Prize and the couple?s charitable organisation, the Royal Foundation, has already taken the formal step of applying to the Intellectual Property Office to trademark the award?s name.

William and Kate are to create a new Royal award with launch of photography competition | Daily Mail Online

TLLK

I'm very interested to see how this project will be launched in the coming months.

wannable

Mr Gates, the billionaire founder of Microsoft, and his wife Melissa recently pledged ?236 million towards an initiative to help small farmers around the world adapt to climate change.
Jody Allen, chief executive of the Wild Lives Foundation and sister of the late Paul Allen, who co-founded Microsoft, has also talked with William on the topic.
Dr Andy Clements, chief executive of the British Trust for Ornithology and a board member of Natural England, said he had discussed the environment at length with the Prince.
Prince William holds climate change talks with Bill Gates and Hillary Clinton | Daily Mail Online

The court circulars of William (some joined by Kate) is apparently a Climate Change project for William next year.

CC's with Bill Gates, the Allens, Hilary Clinton, Andy Clements.....details will supposedly be disclosed next year.

wannable

THE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE are expected to make a ?big announcement? over the next week, after a briefing by Kensington Palace confirmed there would be a festive surprise from the couple.

Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince William are set to make a dramatic announcement over the Christmas period, according to a briefing from Kensington Palace. Royal expert Omid Scobie, who was at the briefing, said the announcement will be made in the next two weeks - suggesting it was a ?break from tradition?. Speaking on ABC?s Heirpod, Scobie also said that ?next year will be a big one for Kate?.

The royal commentator said: ?Next year is going to be busy for the Cambridges.
"Expect royal announcements over the holidays, which I think is a slight break away from tradition.
?There was a briefing at Kensington Palace just this week where they gave us a number of new announcements that will be coming out over the holiday period.
?It?s a smart decision, it?s a quiet time of the year. It is a great time to announce things.?

He continued: ?We will be hearing about a new initiative from Prince William and some other news as well.
?Next year is a big one for Kate. She is going to be really focused on her early years development. That is something she has been involved in for a long time now.
?It has all been bitty for anyone who follows this. Apparently 2020 is a year when it is all tied together. So, yes, a busy year for them.?

Kate Middleton and Prince William set to make a huge royal announcement over Christmas | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

sandy

I posted this in another thread. Maybe she's pregnant.

amabel

Quote from: sandy on December 22, 2019, 03:01:08 PM
I posted this in another thread. Maybe she's pregnant.
maybe she is...

wannable

The press corps had a end of the year meeting in KP to talk about work. Not about  a 3 month pregnancy.

amabel

Still possible she might have one more baby.  I was surprised that she had Louis, because I tgought that they'd feel 2 was enough.  But I was wrong.. and if she wants a last one.. it would have to be fairly soon....

wannable

Royal commentator Omid Scobie has claimed that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, both 37, will be 'breaking away from tradition' in the coming weeks to reveal 'a number of new announcements.'
He also told that 2020 will be a 'big year' for Kate and says the royal couple are set to be 'busy' over the coming year.
Speaking on ABC's Heirpod podcast, Scobie said: 'Expect royal announcements over the holidays, which I think is a slight break away from tradition.'
Prince William and Kate Middleton are set to make a 'big announcement' over the Christmas period | Daily Mail Online

dianab

Quote from: amabel on December 22, 2019, 04:59:13 PM
Still possible she might have one more baby.  I was surprised that she had Louis, because I tgought that they'd feel 2 was enough.  But I was wrong.. and if she wants a last one.. it would have to be fairly soon....
not really... women in their early 40s can have children

Curryong

It's hardly likely to be a pregnancy announcement if Scobie is talking about Kate having a very busy year concentrating on her 'Early Years' programme. Considering that a coming child would mean few engagements in the latter half of 2020 followed by about eight months of maternity leave going into early 2021.

amabel

all the same if she does want another baby, she hasn't got that much time ot have one.  She's getting older and its likely that in a few years she will be Princess of Wales...

Curryong

But who said that Kate really really wanted four children apart from media commentators and commenters? The rumour mill with the media went into overdrive when Meghan had Archie as it was said that Kate had become broody at the sight of a newborn. Nothing happened then, as we know.

I remember people saying at the time she was having Louis that she had wanted three children as she wished to replicate her own birth family, and I think that's quite likely as females often do that. (Not in my case though, as I was an only child!) I just can't see a fourth child, as I believed at the time that Louis was a much-wanted third, breaking the recent Royal mould of only two in the last generation, and as I said replicating her own birth family numbers.

However, Philip and the Queen are both frail. The Cambridges are both in their late thirties and it's time to step up to the plate with some serious engagement numbers for the years ahead. Kate's have lingered around the hundred or less (sometimes much less) since she married, and it's time to get those figures up to at least Camilla's level, if she wishes to be a very active Prss of Wales in the years to come.

amabel

but if she wants another baby...

Curryong

Well, then we'll see won't we, over the next couple of years. If she does wish to go into purdah for at least nine months over the next two years and not work as a fulltime member of the RF, then that will show where her priorities lie as far as her duties as a senior Royal are concerned.

Neither of us know. However I will have a virtual reality bet with you of ten dollars or pounds that the Cambridges have completed their family. If I'm wrong I will pay up promptly!!

amabel

Quote from: Curryong on December 22, 2019, 09:23:21 PM
Well, then we'll see won't we, over the next couple of years. If she does wish to go into purdah for at least nine months over the next two years and not work as a fulltime member of the RF, then that will show where her priorities lie as far as her duties as a senior Royal are concerned.

Neither of us know. However I will have a virtual reality bet with you of ten dollars or pounds that the Cambridges have completed their family. If I'm wrong I will pay up promptly!!
but seh's entitled to have a family surely? after all the queen had 4 children....

dianab

I bet she'll have a 4th child.... probably the news will come when louis is around 2

Double post auto-merged: December 22, 2019, 09:33:37 PM

Quote from: Curryong on December 22, 2019, 09:13:19 PM
But who said that Kate really really wanted four children apart from media commentators and commenters?
Uncle Gary

Curryong

Kate's got a family. She has three children. The Queen had her last two children in the early 1960s when families of four children were far more common than they are today. If Kate has a fourth child then ordinary tax payers who would like to increase their families but can't for financial reasons, may well complain.

I don't care personally if Kate imitates Queen Victoria and has nine children, running through to her late forties. None of them wiould be able to take on Royal duties for the next twenty odd years anyway, so it would make no difference to the Sussexes' roles as senior royals, if you believe I am arguing this because I'm a Harry supporter!

I've given my reasons why I think Kate will stop at three. If you are correct then Kate won't care about people's grumbles, or being away from duties for the majority of a year. That will show, as I said, where her priorities lie and will bring back the old nicknames like 'DoLittle'.

If Kate is going to have a baby when Louis is two then that means she will be out of action for much of 2020 as Louis is two next May.

Double post auto-merged: December 22, 2019, 09:56:14 PM

Quote from: dianab on December 22, 2019, 09:25:25 PM
I bet she'll have a 4th child.... probably the news will come when louis is around 2

Double post auto-merged: December 22, 2019, 09:33:37 PM

Uncle Gary

I had no idea that Uncle Gary was in on the Cambridges family planning arrangements! And IMO a random remark made years ago, probably when Kate was single and hadn't been through any pregnancies, with HG or otherwise, is irrelevant. And how often does Uncle Gary see his Royal niece nowadays!

dianab

He said that in one Hello Mag interview when Kate was married

Who knows if Uncle Gary is still in touch with Carole...

i doubt that kate give 2 hoots if people are bothered with her having another child

sandy

Why don't they just make the announcement, it's like a big advance promo for a royal announcement.

wannable

Kate's private secretary is leaving for a part time job at a charity, when that was announced, there was also a small mention of William and Kate announcements that were to be made beginning of December.  That fell because of the Andrew Scandal.  The idea of making a PR, a campaign is to be noted rather than end up obscured in a footnote.

LouisFerdinand

It would be joyous news if Catherine announced she was having another child.

Blue Clover

What is the big news?  :windsor1:

wannable

Since everyone referred to him...

Omid Scobie
‏Verified account
@scobie

Can we not just go a week without something I?ve said being massively taken out of context or twisted into a dumb story? Hoping for less stupidity in 2020

The Cambridge's have their long term projects and will do their usual 2-3 foreign tours. Omid was or not referring to new projects for both, but since we still have Monday and Tuesday 30th and 31st. Can't really say what he meant above, but massively it was his abc iheir podcast that was written about.  Nothing else I can relate to.